Focus Group - Etihad Stadium

10th highest average attendance across Europe and we average a 1000 more per game than the scousers. Dont let the facts get in the way of a myth created by desperate united fans as they can’t find any more sticks to beat us with.
It's what they call 'bantz' the problem is most have never been anywhere near any football ground.

I came up to the Brighton game and was panicking about were to park ( came up from Kent ). All the usual places I have used in the past seem to have been built on !. In the end paid a tenner to park in the car park at the end of Mercer Way.......not sure if that's going to be possible on a big match day.

I was going to try to get the tram from the premier inn in Didsbury but was told you have to change trams , sounded complicated so drove lol
Been a long time since I traveled to the game by car but when I did I parked in SIP car parks off Old Mill St near Great Ancoats St. 15 min walk from the ground. Quick get away. £2 all day parking.

Suppose there's an explanation somewhere, Why did the Maine Road ground name one of it's stands The Kippax, obviously being named after the street but how did the council come by that name, a Leeds, West Yorkshire connection ?
I think the connection is the same as the Kop and comes from the Boer War, not entirely sure though.

I think the connection is the same as the Kop and comes from the Boer War, not entirely sure though.
Nothing to do with the Boer War. Kippax is an Anglo Saxon name whereas Kop is short for Spion Kop which was indeed the location of a Boer War battle.

They should just rename the whole stand - The Kippax. Before the name is lost to history. Would bring us all together, invoke pride and strike fear into a lot of away fans. Plus lots of merchandising opportunities to the club. Pretty hard to market 'North Stand' and 'South Stand' . Crap names. The Kippax would be a top name.
I agree. The Kippax steeped in the history of mcfc.

10th highest average attendance across Europe and we average a 1000 more per game than the scousers. Dont let the facts get in the way of a myth created by desperate united fans as they can’t find any more sticks to beat us with.
Yep spot on. The scousers have never ever averaged more than we do now. Sports fans like to be associated with winners so the longer we are the dominant club, the bigger our attendances will become. If the board can shift their interest from attracting iPhone brandishing middle class middle aged entertainment seekers from the shires who barely even watch the game let alone make any noise to attracting inner city / suburban 16 - 30 year olds who feel a real connection to the city and who have a dad or uncle or grandpa who used to go then we can have the biggest crowds and the best atmosphere.

Won’t happen though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.