Focus Group - Etihad Stadium

All the focus seems to be on the expansion, but I'd like them to sort out the transport, parking, tannoy, wifi, website and tickets selling (and the annual seat moving/inactive season tickets August queues celebration) first. Easy fixes that the club has consistently failed to sort for years and years that give me little faith that things will improve with an extra 7,000 seats.
They're very good at putting out texts and emails asking our opinion, but never act on anything negative.
Any reason why this should be anything other than yet another happy clappy backslapping exercise for a bunch of blokes in suits who never make it out of the posh seats?
Transport is a huge issue, especially with another 7-8000 people.

All the focus seems to be on the expansion, but I'd like them to sort out the transport, parking, tannoy, wifi, website and tickets selling (and the annual seat moving/inactive season tickets August queues celebration) first. Easy fixes that the club has consistently failed to sort for years and years that give me little faith that things will improve with an extra 7,000 seats.
They're very good at putting out texts and emails asking our opinion, but never act on anything negative.
Any reason why this should be anything other than yet another happy clappy backslapping exercise for a bunch of blokes in suits who never make it out of the posh seats?

Agreed, but can’t say transport is an easy fix

Transport isnt easy, but I 'd have thought that would be part of the plans for the whole area with the council , rather than part of the stand expansion focus group consultation.

The comments on the mail section are so ignorant. They really do believe our stadium is always empty.

Idiots.

10th highest average attendance across Europe and we average a 1000 more per game than the scousers. Dont let the facts get in the way of a myth created by desperate united fans as they can’t find any more sticks to beat us with.

10th highest average attendance across Europe and we average a 1000 more per game than the scousers. Dont let the facts get in the way of a myth created by desperate united fans as they can’t find any more sticks to beat us with.

Yep and when we do go to 63k and get an average gate of 60k it will still be the same on social media and from rival fans it doesn’t bother me that much because that what jealous bitter opposing fans do it’s when the media report it it’s a disgrace.

Just can’t agree (with Boris). The Kippax was in M14, and in my heart the ghost of the Kippax is — and ever will be — in M14.
I really like the idea of naming the new stand the Bert Trautmann stand, or the Joe Mercer stand, if it happens.

Yeah but that is living well in the past. Both names you quoted (whilst incredible people and legends of the club) are long gone. At least anyone above 30 whose followed us for years remembers the kippax. They still re-tell the kippax stories to the younger ones so there is continuity. Most fans ive spoken to would love to see the kippax return. And i suspect so would the marketing people at the club.

I came up to the Brighton game and was panicking about were to park ( came up from Kent ). All the usual places I have used in the past seem to have been built on !. In the end paid a tenner to park in the car park at the end of Mercer Way.......not sure if that's going to be possible on a big match day.

I was going to try to get the tram from the premier inn in Didsbury but was told you have to change trams , sounded complicated so drove lol

I came up to the Brighton game and was panicking about were to park ( came up from Kent ). All the usual places I have used in the past seem to have been built on !. In the end paid a tenner to park in the car park at the end of Mercer Way.......not sure if that's going to be possible on a big match day.

I was going to try to get the tram from the premier inn in Didsbury but was told you have to change trams , sounded complicated so drove lol

It isn't complicated you just get off at cornbrook and catch one direct to the stadium.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.