Focus Group - Etihad Stadium

Probably because it would need to close and demolish the bottom tier for a season. Don't think anyone wants that.

So for a seasons disruption we compromise on something that will last for the next 99 years + and shape for me what is the last chance to change the seating arrangements and improve the atmosphere of the ground long term

So for a seasons disruption we compromise on something that will last for the next 99 years + and shape for me what is the last chance to change the seating arrangements and improve the atmosphere of the ground long term
I personally don't think having a single tier would improve the atmosphere more than getting safe standing on the original first tier and having a large second tier. More important is getting the right fans in the right places which is just as easy with two tiers as it is with one.
Im not even sure if theres a legal restriction on the rake of a single tier and if that would cause problems with the shape of the stadium, its much easier to do in a new build.

Advantage of 3 tiers:

1) More seats

2) Less disruptive in the build - I assume there would be more disruption to season ticket holders if we had to re-configure the entire stand. Not really sure about this!

Disdavantage of 3 tiers

1) Breaks up the stand and therefore singing

If club are looking for thoughts feedback, can we see the designs with capacities and build schedules if appropriate?

I'm tempted to say I'd rather have the extra 500 seats? that we'd get from a tiered structure than a single or two tiered end.

Advantage of 3 tiers:

1) More seats

2) Less disruptive in the build - I assume there would be more disruption to season ticket holders if we had to re-configure the entire stand. Not really sure about this!

Disdavantage of 3 tiers

1) Breaks up the stand and therefore singing

If club are looking for thoughts feedback, can we see the designs with capacities and build schedules if appropriate?

I'm tempted to say I'd rather have the extra 500 seats? that we'd get from a tiered structure than a single or two tiered end.
If worsleyweb is correct the two tiered option gives us more seats than the 3 tiered south stand did. I dont think from whats been said a single tier is an option.

i used to love the kippax... sat behind the goal on those benches... it was brilliant. its what all true citizens want . we wanna root for our team together..Banners,scarves,hooters hell yeah...

100% agree with that. i think people arent looking long term. this could be our one chance for years to build something special. our one chance to finally get a proper home end. if that means a closed stand for a season or reduced capacity id take that. it would cause hastle and disruption, but it would be worth it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.