Focus Group - Etihad Stadium

Yep spot on. The scousers have never ever averaged more than we do now. Sports fans like to be associated with winners so the longer we are the dominant club, the bigger our attendances will become. If the board can shift their interest from attracting iPhone brandishing middle class middle aged entertainment seekers from the shires who barely even watch the game let alone make any noise to attracting inner city / suburban 16 - 30 year olds who feel a real connection to the city and who have a dad or uncle or grandpa who used to go then we can have the biggest crowds and the best atmosphere.

Won’t happen though.
Sounds to me like it already has.

All the other points you mention were raised in the focus group I attended. A lot is outside the control though of the club i.e. the state of the roads and transport system in Manchester.
What was discussed about the other points raised, nobody seems to be telling us?

I agree with the comments above about calling a home end the kippax. It would automatically make it more of a home end and attract the singers. The fans would have to push the club on it though.

No corporate sections and affordable is key aswell
I agree. This is a big opportunity to bring back the kippax. It can be our Kop. Too good to waste. How does the club get pushed in instances like this?

I agree. This is a big opportunity to bring back the kippax. It can be our Kop. Too good to waste. How does the club get pushed in instances like this?
The focus group will push it, and from the replies of those in it, and worsleywebs posts about what he's been told , it sounds like they are pushing an open door.

You have been talking about cheap, affordable seats for 18-30 year olds as they are the ones most likely to sing. If we enlarge the NS then, of course, this would be an ideal opportunity. The problem with this is if you have cheap SC's then some people will only bother to attend the high profile matches as it would be worth their while not bothering. How about we make it ticket only? £30 a game, any game but only for sale on line or at the stadium and no set seat, just rock up and sit down/stand? That way you get people who only want to be there. You could use a Cityzens Card to put your booking on or download your ticket.

Seems like everyone is ‘blinded by science’ in thinking the option of a two tiered stand would be best fit. It’s Not imo and smacks of the club doing it ‘on the cheap’. Has the option of a single tier been put forward by the club? and if not, why not ?

Seems like everyone is ‘blinded by science’ in thinking the option of a two tiered stand would be best fit. It’s Not imo and smacks of the club doing it ‘on the cheap’. Has the option of a single tier been put forward by the club? and if not, why not ?
Probably because it would need to close and demolish the bottom tier for a season. Don't think anyone wants that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.