Foden video

If I’d have been Phil, I’d have waited for Gazza to show up with some chicken, lager and a fishing rod.
Ralph, we know your noggin’s gone and you’re about to take your own life by blowing your brains out. We think it would help if you spoke to our special advisor....

to be fair as a nearly 50 year old Asian myself and i'm what you would say as second generation (born in 70's) - alot of Asians 1st, 2nd and 3rd gen around the UK (inc Manchester) are Liverpool fans - mainly because that's the team that were winning in the late 70's & 80's when we were all young - so alot who picked up football supported Liverpool.

I can't stand Liverpool and I can't stand their fans as they have a different level of arrogance to my RAG Asian mates

Great post mate . Out of interest why did you go for City if your dickhead mates were joining bandwagons

Good on you though

to be fair as a nearly 50 year old Asian myself and i'm what you would say as second generation (born in 70's) - alot of Asians 1st, 2nd and 3rd gen around the UK (inc Manchester) are Liverpool fans - mainly because that's the team that were winning in the late 70's & 80's when we were all young - so alot who picked up football supported Liverpool.

I can't stand Liverpool and I can't stand their fans as they have a different level of arrogance to my RAG Asian mates
Pretty arrogant to hold up traffic on a dual carriageway tbf

I am half Iraqi. I am interested in which clubs Asians support. When I first started going to City, school was difficult but I liked being part of Manchester City. I have always felt accepted at City. There's only been the odd time when City fans have p'ssed me off. Once at Bradford in Joe Royle's season in the Premier League, and when some fans used to shout Fenian bastards at any Irish players but they were always tiny in number.

I travel by train a lot between Manchester and Leeds and I have noticed on a match night at Old Trafford there are very large numbers of Asian fans from the Leeds area who travel to support Utd. Recently when a load of trains were cancelled, on the night City played Sporting, and Utd were at home to Brighton, I got the stopping train back to Manchester and it was packed with Asian Utd fans. I asked the group at my table why they didn't support Leeds, and they said it was because Leeds are racist. I have no experience of that but I thought it was interesting. Leeds is very segregated. The only place you see white and Asian together is in student areas. Yorkshire reminds me a lot of Lancashire. Mill towns, and Asian families settling there to work as cheap labour and now of course there's no work. Asian way out is colleges, and trades like pharmacy.

City have never ever been a racist club. In fact just the opposite. I doubt many football clubs would have accepted a German paratrooper immediately after the 2nd world war, and made him a hero. That just shows how decent most City fans are. Most people are decent, even racists. It's a poisonous idea but over the years I have made friends with many racists. They still love their Mum and Dad and their own. It's an idea, like the ideas in Bert's head when he joined the Brownshirts. He wasn't a bad man. There's no such thing. And yet I still want to punch the lights out of the kids who abused Phil and his Mum. How did they get like that? Probably lots of rubbish in this ramble.

I am half Iraqi. I am interested in which clubs Asians support. When I first started going to City, school was difficult but I liked being part of Manchester City. I have always felt accepted at City. There's only been the odd time when City fans have p'ssed me off. Once at Bradford in Joe Royle's season in the Premier League, and when some fans used to shout Fenian bastards at any Irish players but they were always tiny in number.

I travel by train a lot between Manchester and Leeds and I have noticed on a match night at Old Trafford there are very large numbers of Asian fans from the Leeds area who travel to support Utd. Recently when a load of trains were cancelled, on the night City played Sporting, and Utd were at home to Brighton, I got the stopping train back to Manchester and it was packed with Asian Utd fans. I asked the group at my table why they didn't support Leeds, and they said it was because Leeds are racist. I have no experience of that but I thought it was interesting. Leeds is very segregated. The only place you see white and Asian together is in student areas. Yorkshire reminds me a lot of Lancashire. Mill towns, and Asian families settling there to work as cheap labour and now of course there's no work. Asian way out is colleges, and trades like pharmacy.

City have never ever been a racist club. In fact just the opposite. I doubt many football clubs would have accepted a German paratrooper immediately after the 2nd world war, and made him a hero. That just shows how decent most City fans are. Most people are decent, even racists. It's a poisonous idea but over the years I have made friends with many racists. They still love their Mum and Dad and their own. It's an idea, like the ideas in Bert's head when he joined the Brownshirts. He wasn't a bad man. There's no such thing. And yet I still want to punch the lights out of the kids who abused Phil and his Mum. How did they get like that? Probably lots of rubbish in this ramble.
Fuck all to do with racism it is glory hunting. Why do the people in Manningham not support the club on their doorstep but chose Lancashire clubs, but jump-on the band waggon when their team get to Wembley in the league cup or play-off finals?

London and Birmingham must be racist too. Apart from Arsenal when they are doing well.

Fuck all to do with racism it is glory hunting. Why do the people in Manningham not support the club on their doorstep but chose Lancashire clubs, but jump-on the band waggon when their team get to Wembley in the league cup or play-off finals?

London and Birmingham must be racist too. Apart from Arsenal when they are doing well.

Sorry the guy is right. Don't forget Leeds were very successful in the 1970's under Revie. Asians won't support them because they view Leeds as racist. I have spoken to a fair few Asian guys and as soon as you mention Leeds straight away they say it's a racist club. I would guess many in the London area would say the same about Chelsea and Millwall.

Look at the Leeds crowd against Man Utd. Absolutely no Asians at all. So just Asians are gloryhunters? That's rubbish. Leeds have been successful relatively recently. Won a title under Howard Wilkinson. Then they were in the CL semi-finals.
5398.jpg

IMO racism is far better than it was in the 70s but it has changed so that Asians get the brunt of it rather than West Indians - rise of Islamophobia thanks to different political climate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.