Food From Your Youth

I loved school dinner PUDDINGS. The main courses weren't too nice. Some were ok. the puddings were amazing though. Cornflake tart. Manchester tart. Choc cake with white custard. Semolina with prunes. MMMMMM. haha.
Other way round at my school, those big trays of meat pies cut into squares, straight from the oven - lovely. No corner pieces though, too much pastry. Had forgotten about the prunes .. yuk!

My mum used to do me and my sister a 'party tea' when we were kids. She'd say to us "do you want liver and onions for tea", "eurgh no" we would say, "what about boiled cabbage and sprouts", again the reply would be "eurgh", then she'd say "I know, what about one of mum's party teas" to which we'd both go nuts and get dead excited. It would consist of a plate with banana butties, sausage roll, crisps, and slice of pizza.

Absolutely beautiful and we'd both sit there watching kids TV eating a party tea in contented silence.

Happy days, although looking back I think it should have been called a 'mum can't be arsed tonight tea'.

For reasons not entirely clear to me, my mum would mix a tin of carnation into the jelly before it went into the fridge, so it came out an opaque colour with a slightly spongy texture. It looked gross but I absolutely loved it and given the chance would eat it until I was rolling around clutching my stomach.

Other way round at my school, those big trays of meat pies cut into squares, straight from the oven - lovely. No corner pieces though, too much pastry. Had forgotten about the prunes .. yuk!
Yeah, I did like the main course pie. Minced beef and onion, I think. .I had to be a 'server' in the last year of primary school. I think those trays got cut into 8 portions?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.