Food prices...maybe we are being listened to?

BlueSkyBlue

Obligatory - apology if this should be elsewhere...

Are we finally being listened to?

Ok, 1/4 of a pizza + a bottle of drink is still £5, but at least it's a step in the right direction - and the hot dogs have been increased in size from "chipolata" to "slightly bigger than chipolata" size.

With the trial of "beer tokens" giving you 4 pints for £15 instead of £16.....(Fosters or Strongbow only)

...small concessions I am sure you will agree, but at least we appear to finally be being listened to regarding concourse prices

I notice the official website still makes no recommendations on the roll/barm/muffin debate though!

It'a all part of the new marketing strategy, aimed at maximising income from new customers, particularly those families who arrive two hours before kick off. That's why relatively speaking the most extortionate prices are usually the sweets, crisps and soft drinks.

£3.80 for a pint of lager doesn't seem that excessive when compared with a bottle of Fanta that costs 200 per cent more than the same drink in my local village store.

The new prices might be a step in the right direction, but at the end of the day £5 for a Pizza "Meal Deal" is neither a meal nor a deal.

Last season, I attended the Everton-Norwich fixture (the one where Gareth Barry scored a blinder). A steak pie cost me £3 and it was similar when City won at Newcastle the following day.

I can't remember the last time I paid £3 for a pie at the ETIHAD, but playing devils advocate I live close enough to the ground to eat at home before a match.

This is the new City and no doubt our next accounts will boast a huge increase in matchday revenue.

not really its a complete rip off for food at the ground. I never buy food a the ground now, I just go somewhere before hand where i can purchase the same things, for a fraction of that price. or go to the shops beforehand and just bring it in the ground with me

To be fair, they still allow you to take your own food and drink into the stadium unlike several other clubs (one in particular not too far from us), so it's only an issue for those too lazy to bring something with them.

Talulah said:
To be fair, they still allow you to take your own food and drink into the stadium unlike several other clubs (one in particular not too far from us), so it's only an issue for those too lazy to bring something with them.

No they don't. Not round my turnstyle anyway.

Where's the pie, mash & gravy gone.. ??? I've not followed city through all the shit times to be told they've taken it of the menu without a letter or a phone call, fuck this, " SACK THE BOARD".. !!!

BlueSkyBlue said:
With the trial of "beer tokens" giving you 4 pints for £15 instead of £16.....(Fosters or Strongbow only)

Was this just a temporary trial or is it ongoing now?
Just wondering where I could purchase these "beer tokens"

are the club boasting, or taking the piss with the fact a 1/4 of a pizza and a coke is a fiver, can't quite work it out.

so for my family of four, a whole pizza and 4 bottles of cock will be 20 quid, and they wonder why i never buy anything.

dobobobo said:
Talulah said:

No they don't. Not round my turnstyle anyway.

Same with me, muppet on turnstile tried to take my sweets last match as you are not allowed th bring in food or drink. Told him to go away in a friendly manner .

fathellensbellend said:
are the club boasting, or taking the piss with the fact a 1/4 of a pizza and a coke is a fiver, can't quite work it out.

so for my family of four, a whole pizza and 4 bottles of cock will be 20 quid, and they wonder why i never buy anything.

4 bottles of cock, not for me, I'm out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.