Food Prices

There's a reference to these on the Genesis ,Selling England by the Pound album,released in 1973....such foresight.
The Captain leads his dance right on through the night
Join the dance
Follow on! Till the Grail sun sets in the mould
Follow on! Till the gold is cold
Dancing out with the moonlit knight,
Knights of the Green Shield stamp and shout...​

The amount of cash they made during covid when everyone was forced to shop in them and not locally, you'd think they'd be forced to pass some of those earnings back to us. £9 for a jar of coffee in Sainsbury's the other day, mental

Does a club card offer you anything aside from discounts on some products? I’ve never had one but buy bits from Asda daily.

Up until recently I’ve always been a bit of a spendthrift. I could never be arsed scanning the bargains and offers to save a couple of quid. I just buy what I need and pay what it costs.

But the cost of food recently seems to have skyrocketed to ridiculous levels. So I’ve started being a bit more careful and you notice some of the sneaky tricks they play to increase their profits.

One I noticed is with bread. Until recently there’s been a 200 year old law in place that meant most bread could only be sold in measures of 400 or 800 grams. Now they’ve scrapped that they started selling 700g loaves that appear by sight to be a traditional size. No reduction in price obviously. I’ve noticed they do the same with margarine as well. A lot of brands come in 450g tubs now, rather than the traditional 500g.

Bastards. They’ve got away with their tricks for too long. I’m onto them now though.

Up until recently I’ve always been a bit of a spendthrift. I could never be arsed scanning the bargains and offers to save a couple of quid. I just buy what I need and pay what it costs.

But the cost of food recently seems to have skyrocketed to ridiculous levels. So I’ve started being a bit more careful and you notice some of the sneaky tricks they play to increase their profits.

One I noticed is with bread. Until recently there’s been a 200 year old law in place that meant most bread could only be sold in measures of 400 or 800 grams. Now they’ve scrapped that they started selling 700g loaves that appear by sight to be a traditional size. No reduction in price obviously. I’ve noticed they do the same with margarine as well. A lot of brands come in 450g tubs now, rather than the traditional 500g.

Bastards. They’ve got away with their tricks for too long. I’m onto them now though.
I noticed it with laundry liquid namely Ariel colour a couple of years ago they kept the same size bottle but instead of a litre was 850mls . Crafty bastards

It's shrinkflation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.