Food Prices

Thieving cunts.

Covid has been amazing for them,the war in Ukraine was the icing on the cake.

We are being taken for fools.
Toilet and kitchen rolls are bloody ridiculous prices. Those jelly worms used to be 99p for the kids. Tesco were knocking them out at £1.30p. Fuck right off , I’ll start digging the things up and use food colouring on em before paying that. At 99p they used to be a treat. Bandwagon hopping bastards. God I do like a good moan.

Work more just to put it in Kraft's pocket? Are you serious? There's 'positive' and there's being taken advantage of and thanking them for it.

Fuck them.

A lot of the supermarkets have a policy at the moment of passing on any Cost Price Increase from suppliers over to the customer. Cost of some raw materials have gone through the roof as a result of the war in Ukraine. I do genuinely believe that Heinz are increasing their price not just to cover inflated cost of goods but to further increase their profit margins. They had a huge falling out with Tesco earlier this year. It's strange that similar own label products produced by other suppliers haven't rocketed as much as Heinz's yet they use the same ingredients... its just greed and companies capitalising on a crisis assuming customers are thick.

It's all bollocks.
There's no longer any 'offers' in store unless you bag a sweaty sandwich from the whoopsie section.
The supermarkets are conning us into thinking we're exclusive holding a loyalty card.
No one in their right mind does a big shop in tesco for instance without a tesco club card.

Correct mate. I saw the sainsburys advert for a tin of heinz beans 95p with nectar and £1.40 without. If you have your loyalty card they will sell it to you at the right price and if you don’t they’ll make a huge markup but not get accused of profiteering as it’s your choice. Cunts.

Two hours to save a few pennies? Jesus, I know prices have gone up but personally I value my time more than that.
A lot of the supermarkets have a policy at the moment of passing on any Cost Price Increase from suppliers over to the customer. Cost of some raw materials have gone through the roof as a result of the war in Ukraine. I do genuinely believe that Heinz are increasing their price not just to cover inflated cost of goods but to further increase their profit margins. They had a huge falling out with Tesco earlier this year. It's strange that similar own label products produced by other suppliers haven't rocketed as much as Heinz's yet they use the same ingredients... its just greed and companies capitalising on a crisis assuming customers are thick.
The manager at my local Tesco express told me that they had a falling out with Heinz over pricing. They temporarily removed their items before replacing them weeks later. You will struggle to find Tescos beans and own branded soups along side them in the Express shops. The same thing has happened next door at Co-op. Looks like they are phasing out their spaghetti hoops which are better and half the price, only to replace them with Heinz.

The supermarkets are supermarkets for a reason (£££££££)

Get down to those Asian outdoor/indoor market type places or the big Chinese one for foodstuff, better quality and cheaper.
Exactly. I use Asian/ Polish mini markets where ever I go.better quality by far and don't get ripped off.i don't use the big supermarkets at all now,and never had a 'loyalty card .

4e365782776680db3031dfce1bb7c94a.jpg

...them were the daysView attachment 81422
There's a reference to these on the Genesis ,Selling England by the Pound album,released in 1973....such foresight.

B&q are doing 3 for 2 on paint and wood stain. Fuckers put the price up from £20 to £30 a tin, so it's exactly the same price.conning fuckers.
Edit, I know it's not food but fuck it.

Big bags of crisps..... Doritos, Sensations, Pringles etc are all now £2.20 - £2.50. It's a bag of crisps for fucks sake, and offer prices, or clubcard only bring them down to about £1.75. Yes they are hardly essential, but its a pretty shit state of affairs when you have to question buying a pack of crisps because you have to prioritise bog roll which is now £3 for 4 rolls that can barely cover wiping one particularly loose stool movement.

I am actually surprised sweets and other sugar based products haven't gone up more. I am a confectionery manufacturer and in the last 18 months sugar has doubled in price and glucose syrup has trebled. I am now paying out an extra £1400 per week just on raw materials!!! My prices have gone up by over 35% in this time. I have a contract on sugar until October when it is expected to rise again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.