Food that can do one

More odd and pointless than bad IMO.

Cauliflower is shite.
Beets taste like dirt. Yes, even washed. They always taste like they haven’t been washed.
Must be careful with Thai food. Fish oil is awful. That goes double for fermented bean sprouts which are absolutely revolting.
Light American beer is an affront, even to many Americans.
Vegemite. Australian cuisine isn’t far from the prison food no doubt consumed by its felony-committing settlers. Disgusting.
I disagree with a couple of your points but gave you a “like” because I like your style.

basil is the underlying problem.
olive oil is gorgeous.
pine nuts are gorgeous.
garlic is gorgeous.
basil can do one.
I like pesto but LOL.

Basil is like that annoying friend trying to hang out with the three friends you like better and you let him tag along but warn him to not be a douche or you’ll never invite him again.

More odd and pointless than bad IMO.

Cauliflower is shite.
Beets taste like dirt. Yes, even washed. They always taste like they haven’t been washed.
Must be careful with Thai food. Fish oil is awful. That goes double for fermented bean sprouts which are absolutely revolting.
Light American beer is an affront, even to many Americans.
Vegemite. Australian cuisine isn’t far from the prison food no doubt consumed by its felony-committing settlers. Disgusting.
You mention Thai food and fish oil. I think you mean fish sauce. It is ranks but it works mixed with garlic and chopped green chilis especially on many varieties of fried rice.

Durian is great-NOT!! Wife, kids and mom in law love it and get it as a real treat. I don’t eat it but interestingly enough the chips ( like potato chips) are mint but they are crazy expensive.

Surströmming is lightly salted, fermented Baltic Sea herring traditional to Swedish cuisine since at least the 16th century

1:33 in when she smacks her own face because the flies were swarming :)

Last edited:
You mention Thai food and fish oil. I think you mean fish sauce. It is ranks but it works mixed with garlic and chopped green chilis especially on many varieties of fried rice.

Durian is great-NOT!! Wife, kids and mom in law love it and get it as a real treat. I don’t eat it but interestingly enough the chips ( like potato chips) are mint but they are crazy expensive.
You’re right — fish sauce. The great ruiner of pad thai (as it’s made here at any rate). I stick with the basic stir fries and curries. SF has all types of Asian cuisine writ large given our proximity to and large population of folks from the other side of the Pacific. I love Korean food, Vietnamese, most Japanese (natto excepted — more fermented beans, ugh) and the wide ranges of Chinese, especially spicy Hunan. Still to try Burmese. And SF has been short great Indian IMO (it’s better nearer San Jose).

But man fish SAUCE. Argh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.