Food that can do one

I've eaten pie n' mash in the East end and it was OK, would have been a lot better without liquor though, needed proper northern gravy.

One of the weirdest breakfasts I've had was in the Gower Peninsula (around Swansea area) Wales. Egg n' bacon with cockles and laverbread which is basically minced pureed seaweed cooked in a pan. The smell of that dark green shite and the cockles was nasty and it tasted nasty.

View attachment 132246
A good breakfast anywhere in Sth Wales, half a dozen times I will indulge.

yeah, but he was still eating it in the 1980's.
it didn't look tasty, it looked offal
boiled-tripe-isolated-on-white-background.jpg

i think he was addicted to the bleach.
My Dad would eat anything like this, having worked at the U.C.P. for many years. Food like offal he’d comment “bloody gorgeous”. Yuk.

Stinky, but can be rescued with a ridiculously rich Chinese sauce.
Old no. 97 in soho does this.
Still hums to high heaven, but it is… an acquired taste…
As someone once said, an acquired taste not worth acquiring. It's telling that the only way to stomach a particular foodstuff is by disguising the taste and texture with a rich sauce. I still feel distinctly queasy when I think back to the one and only occasion my mother served up tripe to us kids for tea.

My Dad would eat anything like this, having worked at the U.C.P. for many years. Food like offal he’d comment “bloody gorgeous”. Yuk.
I once had a meal in Lyon, supposedly the cuisine capital of France, and I chose 'andouilette'. Not a clue what I was eating but there was a bit that looked for all the world like the flap from a pig's ear. It was quite tasty but it all depends what they do with the sauce. Seems the French will eat anything as long as they can mask it in summat.

'peanut butter - it looks and tastes (i imagine) like a turd'

So, just to be clear, you're offering an opinion on a foodstuff you've never actually tasted. Er, yep, makes perfect sense.

er just to be clear.

i've looked at, and tasted, peanut butter.
I can confirm that i have never tasted a turd.

you seem very sure that they don't taste the same. how can you be so sure? yuck, have you tasted both?

maybe you replied before your morning coffee.

i stand my opinion that peanut butter is vomit inducing. after all it's meant to be a FUN THREAD.

Curry. Vile, filthy shite! It needs taking to a forensic lab along with a bucket of diarrhoea to see if they can give a definitive statement as to which is which!

not all curry is the same. think there is a possibility that you might not have found the right curry for you.

maybe this forum can help.

Curry. Vile, filthy shite! It needs taking to a forensic lab along with a bucket of diarrhoea to see if they can give a definitive statement as to which is which!
There was a time when I believed curry to be absolutely horrible
Every time someone said I should have one and I said I struggle to eat it, they recommended I go milder with a Korma and every time, I thought it was utterly disgusting
Then purely by chance, I discovered Korma is laced with coconut milk and I cannot abide the taste of coconut, so I moved onto others and have found several that I really enjoy

Saying you don't like curry, is almost like saying you don't like a roast dinner

er just to be clear.

i've looked at, and tasted, peanut butter.
I can confirm that i have never tasted a turd.

you seem very sure that they don't taste the same. how can you be so sure? yuck, have you tasted both?

maybe you replied before your morning coffee.

i stand my opinion that peanut butter is vomit inducing. after all it's meant to be a FUN THREAD.
Humble apologies m'lud. I misinterpreted your comment, 'I imagine', to mean that you'd never tasted peanut butter. I'm relieved to know you've never sampled a turd.

Not read the whole thread, so apologies if already mentioned, but…
Coleslaw is horrendous.
Looks like dogs vomit & smells awful.
When eating out, I always ask if coleslaw is included & if yes, then ask for no coleslaw with my food.
I have lost count of the amount of times I have sent food back due to a pile of that shit slopped on my plate despite stating no coleslaw when ordering.
One whiff of this satanic shite turns my stomach.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.