Football fan or City fan

City where my first love and apart from family still are, I do watch other football but would now only watch a big game I also love the world cup always look forward to that not so much the euros.

This season I've watched Chelsea v Liverpool and Arsenal v united and have been sat there thinking "Well this is entertaining enough but it's not up to the standard we're used to at City these days."

We are, quite literally, the best team in the lans and all the world.
Nobody anywhere near us yet and still in first gear

Fair play to people who can sit and watch any game but it’s never been for me. I watch City and that’s it really.

Could not give a rats arse about Everton v Villa or Oldham v Stockport or whatever.

My mates ex worked for Wolves and we went to see them play v Spurs once. Bored the living shit out of me.

And it’s not a new era City / Pep thing. I’ve always been like that.

I watch city live or sky/bt when i dont go, i do watch watch england when in the finals of euros or world cup, and will watch scotland v england, but other football not really, but if i know utd or liverpool are losing and on sky i watch the last few mins to cheer other team on

The last game I watched live was Malaysia vs Singapore, so no, I'm still capable of enjoying shit quality games.

I feel so sorry for the City players who turn out for England. After being coached by Pep they have to perform for that dull as dishwater muppet Southgate. It must be soul destroying.

I realise that they want to play for their country, but they pay a heavy price for that.

Having to listen to the inept and useless **** that Southgate is , must be totally demoralising and energy sapping.

On the plus side, it must make them realise how genuinely lucky they are to play for City and Pep.

A very long time ago, my best friend / best man accused me of being a City fan, not a football fan. It wasn't true then and it's not true now but it does reflect City's place in the scheme of things when you are talking about football.

I am finding more than ever though that watching football that does not involve City is even less of interest.

I started to watch quite a lot of Spanish football towrds the end of Stuart Pearce's time in charge because the football City were playing was testing even my love of the Blues and I am a football fan. This was IIRC just before Pep became Barca manager. Barca had long been my favourite Spanish team because of Cryuff (you can see where this is going). Pep took charge and I was enthralled by his Barca team and despite the improvements that started at City, I would watch Barca almost as much as City.

Pep coming to City was a dream come true and his City teams play football that is rooted in the a way of playing that captivated me back in the 70's when the Dutch Team and Ajax came to promience. City are the evolution of that. I think City are the most evolved football team ever and they are my team so watching anyone else pales.

We are lucky, lucky people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.