Football Governance Bill (Independent Regulator) introduced today

This will only be successful if it starts as it means to go on with a strong, independent,experienced businessman, with a sport and legal involvement.

If David Bernstein was a little younger he’d have been a good candidate.

Hopefully the chosen person will open the box and disclose everything that has been connived and by whom.

That's how I see it. Especially about the govn wanting investment. I imagine they look at the product and see it being throttled by utd and lfc.
I believe that there is an informal cross-party group of MPs who see City's owner vey much as the model to be copied by other clubs and cannot see why "other clubs" are allowed to frustrate us and try to destroy what is being built.

Loads of words without any substance.
Pretty much. I just read all the news articles about this big announcement looking for detail. This is the extent of it.

On the test applied to owners and directors, the regulator will look to work in three stages. The first will be a traditional assessment of “integrity, honesty [and] financial soundness”, with directors also expected to prove their competency.
The second stage will allow for “enhanced due diligence” of the source of a potential owner’s money to stop the use of “illicit” money to buy stakes in clubs.
The third stage would require the submission of a business plan that lays out how an owner would seek to run their club sustainably.
Ok...so part 1 already exists. Part 2 will be "Is your money illegal?" and Part 3 is "Have you got a plan?"

As far as I can tell it wouldn't stop any takeover that's happened in the Premier Leauge since 2000.

On fan engagement and club heritage, clubs will be required to consult with fans on a regular basis, but not obliged to act on their concerns.
Ah Ok, so that's completely meaningless.

Much of the specifics of the regulator’s targets and criteria remain to be determined, including the crucial measures, such as cost controls, by which clubs would be expected to ensure their financial sustainability.

The one thing people really wanted to know about has not been planned out at all.

As a side note, this comment from Rick Parry really shows how in touch he is with football fans.

“I’ve always felt it’s a little like the gambling act of 2005 when they set up the gambling commission: it sets out the principles under which the regulator will operate but gives the regulator quite a lot of scope and discussion to make some detailed decisions,”
The incessant barage of Gambling adverts and sponsorship is one of the most common complaints you will hear from football fans, who are sick of seeing 10 betting adverts every half time, pitch hoardings flashing up black market chinese betting firms and every podcast selling out to them as well. Not to mention every other shop on the high street is a bookies.

That's the example you come up with of good regulation?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.