Football Governance Bill (Independent Regulator) introduced today

Rather than a businessman, it would be better to have someone from a law background. Hopefully with some understanding of the sport, but their bread and butter should be law IMO.

Putting a corporate man or woman in the seat leaves the door open to the same people that the Premier League holds it open for.
A young David Bernstein would be eminently suitable.

The FOC David would be good to head it up even now !!

A young David Bernstein would be eminently suitable.

The FOC David would be good to head it up even now !!
I mean yes, I'd be happy enough with that, he's someone that can be trusted. As a general rule though, the corporate sphere is the wrong place to look.

It also is a problem when the people appointed to regulatory bodies formerly worked for one of those entities that it regulates... which of course is true of Bernstein. It doesn't matter that he belongs to us, rather than them, he still belongs to a club.

Governments shouldn't interfere too much or FIFA will dish out national team punishments. How does it effect dual-national association aligned clubs like Wrecsam, Dinas Caerdydd, Dinas Abertawe and Casnewydd? They can surely say the money is in Wales for their women's anx youth clubs... or play the system. I'm just asking for some Americans... who are deadly curious.

can only see it being better for city, i feel we will have more influence in the corridors of parliament than in the corridors of the premier league, i don't have a high regard for any of the politicians though, and feel everyone of them can be swayed for the benefit of themselves

Malcolm Clarke of the FSA just said it was the big 6 that forced the governments hand by not bowing to the rest of the league. I thought we were one of the few who wanted an independent regulator?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.