Football Governance Bill (Independent Regulator) introduced today

I can't see how the Government regulating football rather than the PL / EFL or whoever, can possibly be a bad thing for us

I can't see how the Government regulating football rather than the PL / EFL or whoever, can possibly be a bad thing for us
And that's why no one else wants it.

Sky Sports News currently spinning it as a disaster for the PL. Usual suspects have had a word.

I can't find it yet, hard to comment without actually reading it.

You get a sense on how serious any regulator is when you find out how many staff they have.
Exactly. There's a government regulator for the environment and they allow shit to be pumped into rivers. There's a regulator for the media, and they have no problem with government ministers hosting 'news.'

It all sounds very familiar but who will they appoint? How much public money will they be paid? Will it be a political donor?
I have no faith in this. I hope I’m wrong but I have become more cynical in the past few years and I just get despondent when I hear it’s coming from the Government. Sorry. :-( :-)

There's a huge amount of expectation with this but other than increasing the pressure to give even more to the EFL I don't see it changing things much if at all.
I watched the minister for culture and sport this morning and there is nothing new at all, it is all happening now , she said it was world beating , wtf , lol

Seems it ok to have so many yank owned clubs who are in massive debt , she didnt mention that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.