Football Leaks/Der Spiegel articles

have any British clubs said anything? or all stayed quiet?
Expect PEG to take this issue before Derby and red media holding his dick and saying Jose has got his mojo back and he is back to playing his best mind games

I know we are all footy fans on here but it has to be said one of the thickest groups of people today are football fans.

You only have to read the comments sections online for football articles and compare it to rugby and cricket to see how much people who follow football don’t understand the basics of the game.

They are blinkered by the love of there club and why all club fans thinks there is an agenda to there club.

The image rights is legal as far as I can see. It was in our accountd as a related party ttransavtion, declared as a related party transaction and they assessed a fair market value for FFP as they are allowed to do under the regs.

You could make a moral argument against it, and I'm sure we wouldn't have done it if we didn't need the income then and there. But moral arguments don't count for much when something complies with the letter of the law.

ok ta, so the image rights is a bit grey but not breaking rules, so it's the £12m sponsorship thing that's the only thing pushing the boundaries?

ok ta, so the image rights is a bit grey but not breaking rules, so it's the £12m sponsorship thing that's the only thing pushing the boundaries?
Theres plenty that know more than me about it, but that's how I see it. And if it doesn't make the three sponsors related parties it doesn't really matter how much other sources contributed to the sponsorships.

We'll cop it from the media and opposition supporters and we can't complain too much about that (but we certainly know who our friends and enemies are) but I'm not sure much if anything will come from it.

Surely uefa are as much in the shit as we are then?

You could look at it that way, but from what I can see UEFA haven't done anything wrong and neither have we. Negotiating a settlement agreement is part of the process for all clubs who are found to be in breach of the FFP regs so there's fuck-all anyone can do. If they think the punishment was too weak then that's a piss-poor argument because it's UEFA who decide on the punishment, not some mouth-foaming fuckwit baying for blood. Now if it turned out that City had been giving UEFA backhanders so they'd go easy on us then that's a different thing altogether but there's literally no evidence of that.

Theres plenty that know more than me about it, but that's how I see it. And if it doesn't make the three sponsors related parties it doesn't really matter how much other sources contributed to the sponsorships.

We'll cop it from the media and opposition supporters and we can't complain too much about that (but we certainly know who our friends and enemies are) but I'm not sure much if anything will come from it.

yeah i think this will end in a perpetual stick to beat us with, whether we did things wrong or not, that's the most frustrating part.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.