Football Leaks/Der Spiegel articles

so all of this about City and FFP is buttons, the real sub-text, the real issue of the day, is that football itself is up for sale, with the very real possibility of 2 very lucrative but separate competitions - a Euro Super League and a World Club Cup rebooted. $90bn in a fund?? jesus.

so that's it, we move towards a new dawn. And City are picking Infantino
So what happens if city, barca, juve and psg want option A but rags, Madrid and bayern want option b?

Is exactly what is the plan of the g14. Hence why infantino has fired his warning about once you leave the uefa and fifa bubble, every player will be banned from its competition.

This whole episode is bayern constructing an attack on ourselves as a weapon to discredit both uefa and infantino (aka Fifa) . Its a olan to construe a vote of no confidence
Exactly! The main target of this PR attack is FIFA and Infantino personally, he's the key to CWC creation.

UEFA's current president Aleksander Ceferin is on the Cartel's side if I'm getting it right (CWC would eventually destroy European CL/Superleague and leave UEFA without its profits), it creates FIFA vs UEFA collision that makes the situation even more complex.

And City have found themselves in the midst of this gigantic storm :)

Last edited:
Spiegel put up an article explaining why a European superleague is a good and natural development. I am starting to believe the various previous posters who wrote that this is the real agenda behind their "football leaks" articles.

Its a bayern led plan to get the euro super league voted in and uefa and fifa discredited.....you can bet that some if not all the old g14 clubs are aware of this

Exactly! The main target of this PR attack is FIFA and Infantino personally, he's the key to CWC creation.

UEFA's current president Aleksander Ceferin is on the Cartel's side if I'm getting it right (CWC will eventually destroy CL and leave UEFA without its profits), it creates FIFA vs UEFA collision that makes the situation even more complex.

That's my take on all this. It isnt just Infantino though, think about this, who is backing the CWC idea oh wait it would be our owners amongst others, Hence the plan hatched to attack us, psg, and infantino (FIFA). The uefa attack is a vote of no confidence creating an opportunity for bayern and the g14 to start their breakaway league

The german and italian league is on its arse - bayern want this at all costs

No, I think 'the leaks' is a hysterical response to Infantino's concrete steps towards CWC creation. I guess whilst FIFA and CWC sponsors (including City's owners) were silently working behind the scenes, the Cartel did fuck all. Now they're trying to stop or delay the process, providing the alternative Superleague on their terms.

They'll do everything possible to weaken Infantino, Infantino will do everything to block their plans and implement the CWC. We'll be fine while the current FIFA president has the power.

I slightly disagree in the sense that I think that Infantino's plan is a response to the threat of a cartel-centred superleague rather than the other way round.

Put simply, despite controlling UEFA, the cartel didn't get their own way and City (not PSG, by the way, they are a member of the G-14, hence why £100m sponsorship by Qatar was deemed an acceptable "market rate") weren't kicked out of the CL.

In my view, we're watching the denouement of a battle that has been raging since the formation of the CL. We'll find out who runs football, UEFA and/or FIFA or a cartel of clubs. None of the outcomes are particularly palatable for traditionalists but that boat sailed many years ago.

I see a number of potential outcomes. The non-cartel clubs whose directors benefit from the CL, shit themselves again and give in. Infantino is removed and an impotent, and probably corrupt, puppet like Platini is inposed. He instigates another "investigation" as a result of which the desired result is achieved and we are thrown out of the CL, we lose that income and can't compete any more.

Alternatively, the football authorities finally grow some bollocks and call their bluff. Infantino survives and the cartel clubs either shut the fuck up and get on with it or form their own authority and competitions with the implications Infantino has outlined.

The outcome depends on the backing of the non-cartel clubs. Past experience shows they're happy to settle for crumbs at the masters' table. However, there's just a chance that they'll realise that if they don't stand up now, they're fucked forever because, in the event that they can acquire investment, they won't be alllowed to compete either.

I think we failed full stop. There was a scenario where if you failed you could offset those wages and escape punishment but it would still count as failure. At least I think that's how I've seen @Prestwich_Blue explain it but now I've written it down I've lost confidence that I remembered it right
You remembered correctly. I've just come back from a City Matters meeting and I'm hopeful of getting the definitive answer to this from the club.

Unless I'm missing the point, and hopefully someone like @Chris in London or @Prestwich_Blue will be able to answer. Is the question not more about whether we are still doing some of the things that we allegedly may have been doing pre 2014? If so, UEFA may want to investigate.
I see Chris has already responded but I'll add my bit. That possibly could be the problem for us as we had to meet the deficit targets agreed with UEFA. If they think we "cheated" to meet those then I guess they could re-open the case. But the question is will they? They've got to have the will to re-open the case. If they do that, they've got to prove we did something wrong and that could be very difficult. And then they're talking about applying rules that don't exist in the form they did then. Now an owner can invest in their club, under certain circumstances, so they'd be trying to enforce a set of rules that they abandoned, almost certainly because of adverse legal implications for those rules. If we're genuinely financially self-sufficient now then they probably couldn't give a toss to be honest.

What do you think Khaldoon and Sheikh Mansour's response will be to this? A lot of football fans think the City buy is all about PR for UAE. I don't.
You're wrong if you think this is just a personal investment. Clearly it isn't. People like Khaldoon Al Mubarak and Simon Pearce aren't here to do a favour for Sheikh Mansour in their spare time. This, whether we like it or not, is a strategic project for Abu Dhabi and I've always said that when the media or others cross the line from attacking City to attacking Abu Dhabi, the gloves come off.

Omar Berrada just spoke briefly about this to the City Matters committee. I get the distinct impression that they're furious and that they're keeping their counsel at the moment but, when they're ready, there will be repercussions. Big ones.

I slightly disagree in the sense that I think that Infantino's plan is a response to the threat of a cartel-centred superleague rather than the other way round.

Put simply, despite controlling UEFA, the cartel didn't get their own way and City (not PSG, by the way, they are a member of the G-14, hence why £100m sponsorship by Qatar was deemed an acceptable "market rate") weren't kicked out of the CL.

In my view, we're watching the denouement of a battle that has been raging since the formation of the CL. We'll find out who runs football, UEFA and/or FIFA or a cartel of clubs. None of the outcomes are particularly palatable for traditionalists but that boat sailed many years ago.

I see a number of potential outcomes. The non-cartel clubs whose directors benefit from the CL, shit themselves again and give in. Infantino is removed and an impotent, and probably corrupt, puppet like Platini is inposed. He instigates another "investigation" as a result of which the desired result is achieved and we are thrown out of the CL, we lose that income and can't compete any more.

Alternatively, the football authorities finally grow some bollocks and call their bluff. Infantino survives and the cartel clubs either shut the fuck up and get on with it or form their own authority and competitions with the implications Infantino has outlined.

The outcome depends on the backing of the non-cartel clubs. Past experience shows they're happy to settle for crumbs at the masters' table. However, there's just a chance that they'll realise that if they don't stand up now, they're fucked forever because, in the event that they can acquire investment, they won't be alllowed to compete either.

Whatever happens there is going to be a massive loser in all this. Look at the leagues winners over the last years in both germany and italy, their is no competition and no tv company is interested in the rights to the games that will draw in premier league money. The leagues are on their arses basically. Bayern are jealous of the funds being paid, they are not mopping up the best young german talent like they used too as the useless aticle from this week alluded too.

Hence this pathetic rule of their proposed euro super league - no relegtion fear for 20 years !!!! Allowing, if it was formed, huge revenue streams to flood in for the old guard euro clubs - jesus wept even AC Milan are in the proposed list of clubs

Its the g14’s attempt to overthrow uefa/fifa and start controlling european football, led by bayern munich.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.