Football Leaks/Der Spiegel articles

Another story is dropping, now with a club from Denmark and City made a secret agreement that we can get their African youngsters for free if we want based on Football Leaks stories.

https://politiken.dk/sport/fodbold/art6830967/Manchester-City-can-cherry-pick-African-talents-at-Danish-top-flight-club-–-for-free

I hope we were bloody careful with youngster transfers from all around the world as those cases can be dealt with more serious bans.

Ffs.

From reddit:

"According to the article, City funds this Right to Dream Academy in Ghana to the tune of 850k to 1m a year, and in exchange, Njordsjaelland (whose owner owns the academy), must make "best efforts" to effectuate a transfer if City want to sign them.

So, not exactly "for free!"

Edit: Also, there's no guarantee that the player must first go to Njordsjaelland before being transferred to City. Iheanacho trained with the Right to Dream Academy, and he was signed straight from Africa, albeit at a different academy. So, if Njordsjaelland benefit by signing players from the academy that City funds, City can get a favorable, "best efforts" transfer later on. Personally, don't see the problem here. "

Whatever happens there is going to be a massive loser in all this. Look at the leagues winners over the last years in both germany and italy, their is no competition and no tv company is interested in the rights to the games that will draw in premier league money. The leagues are on their arses basically. Bayern are jealous of the funds being paid, they are not mopping up the best young german talent like they used too as the useless aticle from this week alluded too.

Hence this pathetic rule of their proposed euro super league - no relegtion fear for 20 years !!!! Allowing, if it was formed, huge revenue streams to flood in for the old guard euro clubs - jesus wept even AC Milan are in the proposed list of clubs

Its the g14’s attempt to overthrow uefa/fifa and start controlling european football, led by bayern munich.
The global league is going to be created in any case, the only question is who will control it - g14 or Infantino's allies (us included).

The outcome of this battle will probably define the future of club football for several decades.

Last edited:
Another story is dropping, now with a club from Denmark and City made a secret agreement that we can get their African youngsters for free if we want based on Football Leaks stories.

https://politiken.dk/sport/fodbold/art6830967/Manchester-City-can-cherry-pick-African-talents-at-Danish-top-flight-club-–-for-free

I hope we were bloody careful with youngster transfers from all around the world as those cases can be dealt with more serious bans.

yeah...transfer ban..ex)Barca,Real,AT

That's the only disappointment for me in this whole saga. The question mark over our sustainability.

I guess it depends if you think our sponsorship represents market value.

We seemingly get £60m (or whatever the figure is) from Etihad of which 80-90% is owner bankrolled. That's fine because he wants to promote Etihad (a UAE) brand on the City 'product'.

If you think that we could get equivalent sponsorship from an unrelated party, we're self sufficient.

Whatever happens there is going to be a massive loser in all this. Look at the leagues winners over the last years in both germany and italy, their is no competition and no tv company is interested in the rights to the games that will draw in premier league money. The leagues are on their arses basically. Bayern are jealous of the funds being paid, they are not mopping up the best young german talent like they used too as the useless aticle from this week alluded too.

Hence this pathetic rule of their proposed euro super league - no relegtion fear for 20 years !!!! Allowing, if it was formed, huge revenue streams to flood in for the old guard euro clubs - jesus wept even AC Milan are in the proposed list of clubs

Its the g14’s attempt to overthrow uefa/fifa and start controlling european football, led by bayern munich.

Yep. But I think the landscape has changed slightly since UEFA was blackmailed into forming the CL. The most important development being, as you describe, sufficient time has now passed to show that the inevitable net result of that monstrosity is one team leagues.

One team leagues have no value and everyone suffers domestically so the inevitable result is a superleague whichever way you cut it. The cartel clubs want to have both PL and CL cakes and eat them. The question is whether the Wolfsburgs, Spurs, Valencias, Milans of this world are content to settle for the crumbs they are thrown or realise that those crumbs are going to be fewer and fewer.

The answer may lie in what the alternative is. Up to now the CL has been the only game in town but it's clear now that there is serious backing out there for an alternative. We can speculate on who's behind it but I think we can guess. Finally, UEFA and FIFA have a decent hand to play if they get it right.

I think there are going to be the most profound changes in the football landscape that have ever been seen. I'm very proud that we're the root cause. The boil needed lancing.

If this is true about taking over FIFA/UEFA then they are playing a dangerous game. I would imagine they could have quite a job persuading a lot of players to forfeit their chance to play in a World Cup. I know some people will say about money but the players have so much money anyway. I think it would be quite a hard sell to say to a player join our club and you can play in our new competition, you just can't wear a Brazil shirt in a World Cup.

Couldn’t really give two fucks about this bit from what I have read it’s sonething like this.

We signed pep up not in the day he was announced - big surprise.

A middles eastern construction company who sponsors us uses cheap labour.

A guy who owns us and a whole host of sister companies paid some of the bill for the sponsorship of city. Saved fucking about with the company cashflow.

People who support the old clubs like the rags and Liverpool are very jealous as we are better than them.

A strange rule was brought in to try and stifle us. We paddled around it for a bit.

Does anyone really give a shit?

Let’s just win the league again. Simple as that for me.

If we go shite again one day I will live. Never thought I would see one title let alone 3.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.