Football Leaks/Der Spiegel articles

@BlueMoonz1977 , I also get the impression that lots of posters in this thread are wasting time trying to find out if City's reported 'sins' are legal or not. The G14 vs Infantino battle won't be decided in courts, G14 are relying on a fast PR blitzkrieg and will try to dismiss Infantino through public slander.

So it doesn't really matter for G14 if their articles contain revelations or some irrelevant yesterdays news. In this light all Spiegel articles (including 2 last ones) start to make sense. Their goal is to inform the public about evil Infantino, City, PSG as soon as possible and either start the process of Infantino's dismissal or create the breakaway league immediately.

Last edited:
I slightly disagree in the sense that I think that Infantino's plan is a response to the threat of a cartel-centred superleague rather than the other way round.

Put simply, despite controlling UEFA, the cartel didn't get their own way and City (not PSG, by the way, they are a member of the G-14, hence why £100m sponsorship by Qatar was deemed an acceptable "market rate") weren't kicked out of the CL.

In my view, we're watching the denouement of a battle that has been raging since the formation of the CL. We'll find out who runs football, UEFA and/or FIFA or a cartel of clubs. None of the outcomes are particularly palatable for traditionalists but that boat sailed many years ago.

I see a number of potential outcomes. The non-cartel clubs whose directors benefit from the CL, shit themselves again and give in. Infantino is removed and an impotent, and probably corrupt, puppet like Platini is inposed. He instigates another "investigation" as a result of which the desired result is achieved and we are thrown out of the CL, we lose that income and can't compete any more.

Alternatively, the football authorities finally grow some bollocks and call their bluff. Infantino survives and the cartel clubs either shut the fuck up and get on with it or form their own authority and competitions with the implications Infantino has outlined.

The outcome depends on the backing of the non-cartel clubs. Past experience shows they're happy to settle for crumbs at the masters' table. However, there's just a chance that they'll realise that if they don't stand up now, they're fucked forever because, in the event that they can acquire investment, they won't be alllowed to compete either.

The highlighted bit is the name of the game......

@BlueMoonz1977 , I also get the impression that lots of posters in this thread are wasting time trying to find out if City's reported 'sins' are legal or not. The G14 vs Infantino battle won't be decided in courts, G14 are relying on a fast PR blitzkieg and will try to dismiss Infantino through public slander.

So it doesn't really matter for G14 if their articles contain truth or some irrelevant yesterdays news. In this light all Spiegel articles (including 2 last ones) start to make sense. Their goal is to inform the public about evil Infantino, City, PSG as soon as possible.
I agree.

This is meant to be a PR nuke against City. The very reason for HHSM to invest in the club was for PR/marketing purposes primarily followed presumably by personal interest/passion. Hitting City's rep is the best way to hit back at HHSMs investment. Doing their best to tie our club's brand to human rights abuse, 'football capitalism', etc. is the best way to keep companies from wanting to get into business with us for advertisement. Less business = less money = less competition for the 'G14' (or, specifically Bayern).

I know if I were an opponent of City, I'd do precisely this.

I remember back in 1992 I was talking to a guy at the airport. He looked vaguely familiar, anyway he said he was on his way to the Swamp and he was representing Ajax. The purpose was a meeting of the European top clubs to see if an elite league was possible. He finished by saying that it was a real chance and keep my eye on the news. Just remind me if Ajax would be invited now.

@BlueMoonz1977 , I also get the impression that lots of posters in this thread are wasting time trying to find out if City's reported 'sins' are legal or not. The G14 vs Infantino battle won't be decided in courts, G14 are relying on a fast PR blitzkieg and will try to dismiss Infantino through public slander.

So it doesn't really matter for G14 if their articles contain truth or fabricated bullshit.

I agree...we are being used along with PSG as a weapon to beat uefa up with and directly attack the governing body of world football. As the leaks have come about this week it has just seemed to all slowly fall into place about what the real motive is in all of this.

It will be interesting to know who is actually backing the Fifa CWC. I know Japan telecom giant Softbank is the prime investor from recent reports,

This is a battle that will eventually shape world football, far from the way it is at present

Infantino...

"If clubs organise a breakaway Super League, it will benefit only the clubs. If Fifa organises the Club World Cup, it will benefit the clubs and the 211 football associations."

But aren't we also a part of the 11 clubs who want this super league? We're fucking with Infantino as well!
We're taking part in both projects, but we're on his side :) So, we're doing it with him...very gently))

Seriously enough, it's clear that City prefer CWC over Superleague, our owners are most probably sponsoring the CWC creation.

I agree...we are being used along with PSG as a weapon to beat uefa up with and directly attack the governing body of world football. As the leaks have come about this week it has just seemed to all slowly fall into place about what the real motive is in all of this.

It will be interesting to know who is actually backing the Fifa CWC. I know Japan telecom giant Softbank is the prime investor from recent reports,

This is a battle that will eventually shape world football, far from the way it is at present

Softbank, join the dots.....
https://www.mubadala.com/en/what-we-do/capital/ventures

Check the board of directors...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.