Football Leaks/Der Spiegel articles

I guess it depends if you think our sponsorship represents market value.

We seemingly get £60m (or whatever the figure is) from Etihad of which 80-90% is owner bankrolled. That's fine because he wants to promote Etihad (a UAE) brand on the City 'product'.

If you think that we could get equivalent sponsorship from an unrelated party, we're self sufficient.
I've said on here before this week's revelations that I believe our Abu Dhabi related sponsorships account for around £70m a year. It seems like it was probably higher at one point but the increase we've seen in media revenue from domestic and European sources has increased significantly. It was £88m in 2013, which were the second set of accounts in the first FFP assessment period whereas it was £211m this last financial year. We've got other commercial partners now & match-day revenue is up. If Etihad is paying us £55m a year, we could probably replicate that but the whole point is, as you say, to promote Etihad/Abu Dhabi.

Its also interesting to realise that mediapart are towing the line to attack infantino, whilst Platini was quoted earlier this year of returning to the football scene after not being found guilty

Just a thought
Correct me if I'm wrong, IIRC the US government took part in Platini's and Blatter's dismissal and putting Infantino in FIFA chair. So guess who could be in the CWC camp...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.