Football loosing Interest ? Is it Real or a Myth

There are statistics publish ?

How does that work. Roughly 3 years of covid and the persistent worries of some. I would think it was nigh on impossible to takes stat during these times and gleam any information on attendances and come to any real conclusion

Other than you are talking bollocks

I have this odd Feeling that Football isn't beeing watched so much anymore. All my cousins and family and friends have stopped watching and talking about football.

I feel like American Sports is growing in here while football is loosing many watchers. How is it in ur sorroundings ? Is it a myth or real

Not being rude, but how old are you?

I’m still watching as much as I can, but have to confess, I’m nearly 42 and have 2 young children. It’s not a priority currently. I’ve had to get rid of my season ticket. I don’t miss a minute of a City game, even when away. Wife is cool with me watching City. But the rest, I’ve simply not got the time.

My friends all in a similar boat.

But record attendances, growing stadia capacity growing and record tv deals would indicate its very much alive and growing.. Mayve just in different markets that you’d expect normally..

I'd say it's probably real overall. Other than a handful of clubs that are considered big I imagine that the vast majority of people who'd watch football probably aren't tuning in as much or are at least far less interested.

General no marks are only really motivated by looking good or being perceived as good/successful. Just so happens that many big/successful football clubs are going through a period of mediocrity when compared to previous era's.

ManUre, Arsenal, Juventus, AC Milan, Barcelona, Real Madrid are all very well supported by the non attending no mark who is desperate to look good and successful on social media. So for those types I'm sure football has become less important or interesting to them. That group will equate to a huge proportion of the overall football watching population and as a result make it seem as if it's of lees interest because they're not talking about it (or should i say bragging).

Personally as a blue, I'm as interested as I ever was and can't wait for Saturday/Wednesday. I'm still extremely interested in the game as a whole too and watched both the Edinburgh and Glasgow derbies this week along with keeping up to date with games in the Championship, League One, Two and Ligue 1.

Spoilt sad sacks not being interested anymore doesn't make it any less enjoyable for me. Quite the opposite infact.

I have this odd Feeling that Football isn't beeing watched so much anymore. All my cousins and family and friends have stopped watching and talking about football.

I feel like American Sports is growing in here while football is loosing many watchers. How is it in ur sorroundings ? Is it a myth or real

American Sports is a danger to the new generation of sports fans in this country.

I myself have got into NBA a lot over the few years. It’s easily accessible despite the time zones, it’s exciting but the biggest thing is that you don’t know who will win the big prize. You have favourites of course and teams stacked with good players but there are a lot more then say 3 teams who can realistically win the Premier League and Champions League or 1 in France and Germany and 2 in Spain. It all adds up to a better product.

Id rather watch a Memphis Grizzlies v Orlando Magic game this Saturday than Burnley v Watford.

I watch the Premier League and Champions League because of us. If we were at pre Mansour levels I think I would have better things to do now im older than watch us slog to an 11th place finish year in year out.

I think there's an overkill of football on tv. The FA Cup 3rd round is appalling these days with games spread out all weekend in batches of 4 and 5.

When English teams got allowed back into Europe in the '90's, I found teams like Montpellier, PSV Eindhoven and Stuttgart really intriguing. We rarely got to see the best players from around the world. Now, we can predict line ups and formations of a lot of the Champions League and top international teams and the sense of mystery has gone.
Pretty much why I enjoy the Europa League. Different teams, some old historical and some first timers. It’s a good competition for me.

I watch the Premier League and Champions League because of us. If we were at pre Mansour levels I think I would have better things to do now im older than watch us slog to an 11th place finish year in year out.
I feel exactly the same. Maybe it’s just getting older or maybe it’s the sanitised atmosphere or the flouncing players or the outlawimg of robust challenges or the crazy kick off times or the remoteness of the players to the fans - I could go on and on.

But when renewal time comes round and I’m umming and aahing about what to do, the thought that keeps me going is that it would be absolutely daft to stop watching footy now when City are just unbelievably brilliant and winning trophies willy nilly after suffering decades of misery.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.