Football loosing Interest ? Is it Real or a Myth

Fantastic. I had a tear in my eye at the final whistle… and I didn’t even have that in the final. That semi just felt like the day everything changed!
Soft **** ;)

Yet we are "loosing" interest..........not. Some reds might be though eh?

I am going to buck the trend but I am as interested now as I have ever been.

I am going to less games than I have for the past 40 years but thats family health issues and not lack of interest

living in the back of beyond on the norfolk/suffolk border all i have seen is reduced interest of arsenal/united fans.
But still loads of dippers spurs chelsea ipswich and norwich fans and shirts evident
And a growing number of city fans especially the youngsters.

It is a myth and I can suppose where (or who) it's coming from, red-shirted English club supporters and their media fan-boys. The game of football was never more diverse, both in all kind of players who are playing it and the approach and tactics how it is played than it is today. An it all seeps down to the lower levels. Watched the bits of last night's Old Firm derby and even those fuckers were tippy-tapping and high pressing with relish.....and we know who is the culprit. #ilovemyfootball.

I don't know the answer to the question because I think interest is waning in some areas but growing in others. The money from TV suggests that it is increasing in popularity overall. What is noticeable is the decline in people actually playing the game. For those of us who grew up in a certain era, it's in our blood, we played football morning, noon and night. And when we couldn't play outside, we played Subbuteo.

I'm not sure that, if you haven't played football, even in the street, you can fully appreciate the game. Certainly you can't share the dream that we all had as boys that, one day, we'd be out there playing for our club.

I know that I love the actual game as much as ever but the FFP shenanigans and hideously skewed media coverage have exposed to public view what has been going on in football for donkeys' years, particularly since 1992, and that has removed a large part of the sporting mystique. We all suspected that there were reasons why some clubs were more successful but, in some senses, it was hidden from view. Now it's out in the open and liverpool and united can no longer pretend that there is anything special about their clubs. That's the only good thing to come out of the witch-hunt and it's more damaging for them in the long-run than it is for us.

As my rag part of the family say, 'football's not the same anymore ' and of course, they are absolutely correct - thank god!
It feels to me (of course it would) like it is regenerating.
When I go to the games, I'm lucky enough to sit with a large group of experienced and uefa B qualified coaches and some still shout 'AWAY' when we defend corners, as Cancelo calmly plays it accross his own 18 yard line. I think a lot more of us now get how Pep as installed his systems and we are seeing a whole new way of playing, as others catch up.
Of course, there are new fans (some for the trophies) and great to see lots of girls with their Dad's and on social media.
There is a changing of the guard on the pitch, how clubs can be run and in the stands. I think it has traction and will increase - especially when the red shirts admit they are fecked and feck off.

I don't know the answer to the question because I think interest is waning in some areas but growing in others. The money from TV suggests that it is increasing in popularity overall. What is noticeable is the decline in people actually playing the game. For those of us who grew up in a certain era, it's in our blood, we played football morning, noon and night. And when we couldn't play outside, we played Subbuteo.

I'm not sure that, if you haven't played football, even in the street, you can fully appreciate the game. Certainly you can't share the dream that we all had as boys that, one day, we'd be out there playing for our club.

I know that I love the actual game as much as ever but the FFP shenanigans and hideously skewed media coverage have exposed to public view what has been going on in football for donkeys' years, particularly since 1992, and that has removed a large part of the sporting mystique. We all suspected that there were reasons why some clubs were more successful but, in some senses, it was hidden from view. Now it's out in the open and liverpool and united can no longer pretend that there is anything special about their clubs. That's the only good thing to come out of the witch-hunt and it's more damaging for them in the long-run than it is for us.
I know what you mean. I think if you have played at most levels you can appreciate, for example, how the ball reacts, how Kev can hit a 45 yard pass and spot the back spin in flight that kills the pace and drops it at the foot of a teammate instead of running out of play. There is a lot more technical analysis to be had (and enjoyment) as they do in NFL, but we don't get that at the moment from pundits. I think non players would get more enjoyment if they appreciated some of the finer points.
Or just enjoy it as it is - whatever floats your boat.

I see where the OP is coming from as I feel no other team in the history of football has ever created such vitriol by opposing fans, teams and governing bodies as the emergence and then the continued success of Manchester City Football Club. No other teams progress has been subject to all manner of stipulation, falsehoods and incessant bad press. No other team's achievements have been downplayed quite as much as us, whilst also being put down to lies like state owned, unlimited resources and bigger squads.

All the while other teams are lauded as organic, having 'istory' & doing it the right way when just like us their success was instigated by an influx of money. The way they all ganged up acted like we were doing something new and unfair, and the way the governing bodies were right there to back them up. We were on their gravy train without a ticket and a lot of people in the sport didn’t like it one bit.

Before we became a threat, I always felt the game was skewed to benefit certain clubs both with the media and with the governing bodies. I feel it was our evolution of not just being a threat but towards a changing of the guard that exposed the actual levels of favouritism shown to the history clubs by both the media and the governing bodies in this country and in Europe.

I do love the fact we piss on their chips on a regular basis, but I still feel if we had been treated fairly, we would also have a couple of Champions League titles as I am convinced we have been cheated out of it on 4 or 5 occasions.

I also feel that a lot of the fans of entitled clubs like the Rags and the Tarquin’s are losing interest in football because they aren't very good anymore. Whereas some City fans are losing interest in football as a sport due to the nature in which we have been treated because we had the temerity to be taken over and invested in, which ultimately led to Manchester City Football Club becoming successful.

I suppose City fans feeling like this should learn to revel in the fact we have stuck it to them good and proper for years now and will continue to for the foreseeable. A slightly unsavoury aftertaste is a small price to pay for these glorious days we are witness to.

I have just convinced myself of something again. Fuck em!

I see where the OP is coming from as I feel no other team in the history of football has ever created such vitriol by opposing fans, teams and governing bodies as the emergence and then the continued success of Manchester City Football Club. No other teams progress has been subject to all manner of stipulation, falsehoods and incessant bad press. No other team's achievements have been downplayed quite as much as us, whilst also being put down to lies like state owned, unlimited resources and bigger squads.

All the while other teams are lauded as organic, having 'istory' & doing it the right way when just like us their success was instigated by an influx of money. The way they all ganged up acted like we were doing something new and unfair, and the way the governing bodies were right there to back them up. We were on their gravy train without a ticket and a lot of people in the sport didn’t like it one bit.

Before we became a threat, I always felt the game was skewed to benefit certain clubs both with the media and with the governing bodies. I feel it was our evolution of not just being a threat but towards a changing of the guard that exposed the actual levels of favouritism shown to the history clubs by both the media and the governing bodies in this country and in Europe.

I do love the fact we piss on their chips on a regular basis, but I still feel if we had been treated fairly, we would also have a couple of Champions League titles as I am convinced we have been cheated out of it on 4 or 5 occasions.

I also feel that a lot of the fans of entitled clubs like the Rags and the Tarquin’s are losing interest in football because they aren't very good anymore. Whereas some City fans are losing interest in football as a sport due to the nature in which we have been treated because we had the temerity to be taken over and invested in, which ultimately led to Manchester City Football Club becoming successful.

I suppose City fans feeling like this should learn to revel in the fact we have stuck it to them good and proper for years now and will continue to for the foreseeable. A slightly unsavoury aftertaste is a small price to pay for these glorious days we are witness to.

I have just convinced myself of something again. Fuck em!
I couldnt give two fucks what anyone of them thinks...no after taste here.

We are City......loyal fans through thick and thin. Some blues don't like a lot about football....ticket prices , kick off times, VAR, Americanisation, match day experience bullshit etc etc etc

But we are all happy with the standard of football and the results. Why wouldn't we be?

Never thought I'd see any of it in my lifetime.

We love you City ...we doooooooooooo

This post might be more appropriate for the 'words you hate' thread but can someone amend the title to read 'losing' instead of 'loosing' (which means something completely different)?
Pedants' Corner

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.