Football Manager 2011

aphex said:
Big Blue Swede said:
Unfortunately there are a few things wrong with this, and until you get them fixed you won't see players develop all that well.

Firstly, you have crap coaches. Need to aim for atleast 4 star minimum in each category to get the best out of your players.
Read this thread: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f103/4-or-greater-coach-list-t55678.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f103/4-o ... 55678.html</a>

The default training schedules are crap and you shouldn't be using them if you want to maximise your players potential.
Go on that website and look for a few training schedules, should really help.

Try that out, hopefully helpful. Lastly, get a decent assistant manager and listen to your staff in the backroom advice section.

thanks for that. i may give it a go when i calm down... :(

lol

Haha well I'm on my phone so it was only a quick one.
When I get home, and if your still interested, I'll try and help you out with anything else.

Seems well complicated and horrible when you first start after a while out (like I did), but after a week of going through a season and knowing what's what it becomes routine and you can pick it up really easily.

I have specific training programmes for each position, and have coaches dedicated to a particular area solely working on it. I also have attribute targeting programmes for players I think need to improve on their physical attributes, tactical awareness or ball control and I replicate all this for the youth side.

Finally I arrange friendly tournaments and tours for my reserves and academy every pre-season to get them playing against stronger sides because them playing the likes of Morecambe and Accrington U18s does fuck all for them.

I also select my Reserve and U18 manager very carefully.<br /><br />-- Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:59 pm --<br /><br />found a bug.

City said they would offer me a new contract after my 2 years were up, after my undefeated season etc. Never got offered it, they went out and spunked my transfer budget, lost my job, and all my new coaches, youth plans etc. RUINED because they didn't offer me my contract and I've automatically left.

Re-applied for the post but in the meantime got offered the England job, they were Euro 2012 winners so my aim is to win 2 World Cup's back to back with them, will take a good club job if it comes along to boost my trophy cabinet and my HoF points.

SS117 said:
Blue Smarties said:
What just happened? I feel abused, fragile... I could cry :-(
[bigimg]http://i55.tinypic.com/zx1mi9.jpg[/bigimg]
You're getting sacked in the morning, sacked in the moooorning!

Just joking!
Haha, the joke is I was in the top three at that point and Cov were sixteenth! My aim is midtable though, I'm three points off the playoffs however I'm beating sides above me - it's just the smaller ones who hammer me! It hasn't helped losing seven of the first team. Now Bayern are interested in my star man (guess who, I'm QPR).<br /><br />-- Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:02 pm --<br /><br />
aphex said:
Blue Smarties said:
You got a screenshot of the players? And how often are they playing?

it doesn't matter, playing this has reminded me my i never bothered after 2008

it's far to complicated and up it's own arse for me - i've drawn 7 on the trot now

bollocks to it.
Check out FM-Base and look at the tips on there, also download some of the training schedules off that website until you get used to it. Will take a few hours to get the hang of it as a lot has changed but once you do you'll love it.

right i'm having one more bash

4-4-2 diamond

balo and tevez upfront (balo advance forward - tevez complete - both high attack)

silva trequartista - full attack

defending fullbacks - toure' as anchorman

rags home game first of the season...

aphex said:
right i'm having one more bash

4-4-2 diamond

balo and tevez upfront (balo advance forward - tevez complete - both high attack)

silva trequartista - full attack

defending fullbacks - toure' as anchorman

rags home game first of the season...
You also realise due to the recent influx of players, staff etc it'll take a while for you to get them playing just right? Stick it out for a season.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
my 4-4-2 diamond went undefeated, good luck.

here's hoping..

if i don't come on for a while, it's because my laptop is in bits in the front yard.

aphex said:
Blue Smarties said:
Can you post screenshots up of the players/coaches/training regimes/training ground standard?

yeah, i'll give it a shot

one minute.

these are my coaches, all assigned:

[bigimg]http://i55.tinypic.com/2lsvdk0.jpg[/bigimg]

i just really want to know how often to change them to attack/mid/forward/def?

First thing they are on light schedules. You wont get results with that.

Just been on the SI games forum and they have confirmed the new patch is being tested as we speak, but its not just a case of putting new players at clubs,new finances ect
They are checking bugs(new and old) and the dynamics of the game and updating player stats

No release date has been set yet

Ricster said:
aphex said:
yeah, i'll give it a shot

one minute.

these are my coaches, all assigned:

[bigimg]http://i55.tinypic.com/2lsvdk0.jpg[/bigimg]

i just really want to know how often to change them to attack/mid/forward/def?

First thing they are on light schedules. You wont get results with that.

how do i change them then?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.