Football Manager 2011

<a class="postlink" href="http://i56.tinypic.com/24v4ia0.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i56.tinypic.com/24v4ia0.png</a>
the picture is too big to be posted so you have to click the link

My current squad. Im planning on leaving City after next season if I win the champions league this season or next but I want to leave the team in the best shape possible so that City can dominate without me.

Any players I should sign that would be perfect to keep the team on top in the future?

I've turned Real into the best side in the world :) only signed one player, Lahm and that was because City bought Marcelo who insisted on leaving(he then won World Defender of the year and was runner up English player of the year :\)

SS117 said:
Just got some right bargains in the January window.

Samir Nasri worth £9 million got him for £7 million.
Karim Benzema worth £12.5 million got him for £9 million.
Angel Di Maria worth £9.5 million got him for £7.5 million.

how?

AIQ88 said:
tinypic.com
the picture is too big to be posted so you have to click the link

Haha..

Anyway, that aside.. Looks like you need to bolster your defence. A centre back and a left/right back should do you well.
CB- Hummels/Subotic (Dortmund)
FB - Danilo (Santos)/ Aly Cissokho (Lyon)

Good luck!

If you're on a budget buy Kadlec for 1m, he takes a year to adjust but for my Fulham game he's scored 8 in six (including hatrick against Arsenal).

If you have a spare 15m sign Babacar, incredible player.

There's also this Saudi striker called Al Halili (or something like that), he is fast as fook and plays like Michael Owen in his pomp. He'll cost 1m, have to send him to a Belgium feeder club for half a season, then recall him and offer him a new contract to bypass the work permit issue.

Kadlec has for me been the best signing over all. He's simply stunning.

A question to you all:

I'm in the jan transfer window now, and Chelsea has offered me arout £5mil for Guidetti. Should I take it?

I know he is a prospect an all, but I never use him in the first team (Kadlec is at least two classes better, and younger)

Matt the Giant said:
Kadlec has for me been the best signing over all. He's simply stunning.

A question to you all:

I'm in the jan transfer window now, and Chelsea has offered me arout £5mil for Guidetti. Should I take it?

I know he is a prospect an all, but I never use him in the first team (Kadlec is at least two classes better, and younger)

You snap there hands off, he dosnt get any better and you'll not get a better offer.

I never have a manager mode with City, because i never do well! but what i really want is help, i installed it about 4 months ago and started a few games on it, most notabally Sampdoria (finished 4th in Serie 'A' and got knocked out of the Europa League by City in the Semis) anyway, one day i went on it and couldnt load up my Sampdoria profile because it came up with a thing saying 'Bad Token: could not load game' and did this for each saved game, so i deleted my saved games and then i couldnt make new games, so i thought that i should re-install everything but i couldnt so i deleted everything so can anyone help me with this, please!

New post on my story (about half way down): <a class="postlink" href="http://footballmanagerstory.com/forum/index.php?topic=94.60" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://footballmanagerstory.com/forum/i ... opic=94.60</a>

Jackson-ctid said:
I've turned Real into the best side in the world :) only signed one player, Lahm and that was because City bought Marcelo who insisted on leaving(he then won World Defender of the year and was runner up English player of the year :\)

SS117 said:
Just got some right bargains in the January window.

Samir Nasri worth £9 million got him for £7 million.
Karim Benzema worth £12.5 million got him for £9 million.
Angel Di Maria worth £9.5 million got him for £7.5 million.

how?
They was all on the transfer list cos they was unhappy at the club, and I also put down a million what they was asking for I'm managing City, would of been great if I was someone like Newcastle to get them players.

Di Maria on the transfer list... unbelievable. United offered £28m for him in my second season and it wasn't enough.

Bit of an update on my game.

First Season at Real Madrid, I posted my tactic earlier, it worked wonders, won the Champions League and the League with Ronaldo beating the all time scorer record by 1 goal(39) which had stood since 1950. Dumped out of the Spanish Cup Final by Atletico Madrid but 2 league wins over Barca, 4-1 at Home and 1-0 away, Luck played a big part though, Villa, Messi, Iniesta, Puyol and Xavi missed huge parts of the season with injury and Barca got knocked out the champions league by AC Milan in the last 16 as a result and only just hung onto 2nd place with Atletico 3rd.

Highlight of the season was the Champions League Semi Final with Man U. 2-2 at Home with Ronaldo, Benzema and Higuain missing the next game due to suspension but remarkably managed to draw 3-3 away with a last minute screamer from Xabi Alonso putting us through.

Mancini's job was in doubt, only just got 4th place and consistently buying bad players. I declared interest but they knocked me back and decided to give him another shot. I decided I'd stick with Real for another season and then try again. All was going well in the league but Barca were back on top form, by the start of December, I had lost 1 game out of 16 and it was to them, they had lost 0 and were 2 points ahead. Mancini gets the sack and I decide to cut my ties with Real Madrid and jump ship to City, few unhappy directors, upset fans and most of my staff deciding to leave with me.

Off to Sunny Manchester to try and resurrect City's failing season, they are through to the knockout stages of the Champions League but sit 12th in the league with a Media Prediction of 1st.

First things first, get my backroom staff in, Brian Kidd is promptly sacked(sorry :() and my right hand man Franco Baldini takes his place :) with all my other Real staff(who btw are now being managed by Arsene Wenger with van Gaal taking the Arsenal job).

Now, to fix this £3.1M wage bill, some players had to go including Nigel who was unhappy :(

All of these guys were on more than 80k a week with Adebayor on 150k
TransfersOut.png

I put my tactic in place and the results are as follows: 16 games, 3 draws, 0 losses
Fixtures.png

I signed 3 players, Kaka for £38M, I am one of his favoured personnel so he was happy to come(for 220k a week...), He was necessary as the team lacked a really good playmaker(Silva is a better winger in my tactic) and he already knew how my team worked so would fit into the role with ease.
Thomas Muller for £26M, Ideal striker in my tactic, poacher who can hold up play and supply to the wingers(Tevez and Silva) as well as score goals on their own(scored 4 against Everton on his debut(as a winger))
and Javier Pastore for £34M, Kaka's eventual successor, backup for now.

So, onto my first Champions League game with Man City against Bayern Munich... look who their manager is :P
Bayern.png

So, I'm happy so far.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.