Football Manager 2011

Jackson-ctid said:
Di Maria on the transfer list... unbelievable. United offered £28m for him in my second season and it wasn't enough.

Bit of an update on my game.

First Season at Real Madrid, I posted my tactic earlier, it worked wonders, won the Champions League and the League with Ronaldo beating the all time scorer record by 1 goal(39) which had stood since 1950. Dumped out of the Spanish Cup Final by Atletico Madrid but 2 league wins over Barca, 4-1 at Home and 1-0 away, Luck played a big part though, Villa, Messi, Iniesta, Puyol and Xavi missed huge parts of the season with injury and Barca got knocked out the champions league by AC Milan in the last 16 as a result and only just hung onto 2nd place with Atletico 3rd.

Highlight of the season was the Champions League Semi Final with Man U. 2-2 at Home with Ronaldo, Benzema and Higuain missing the next game due to suspension but remarkably managed to draw 3-3 away with a last minute screamer from Xabi Alonso putting us through.

Mancini's job was in doubt, only just got 4th place and consistently buying bad players. I declared interest but they knocked me back and decided to give him another shot. I decided I'd stick with Real for another season and then try again. All was going well in the league but Barca were back on top form, by the start of December, I had lost 1 game out of 16 and it was to them, they had lost 0 and were 2 points ahead. Mancini gets the sack and I decide to cut my ties with Real Madrid and jump ship to City, few unhappy directors, upset fans and most of my staff deciding to leave with me.

Off to Sunny Manchester to try and resurrect City's failing season, they are through to the knockout stages of the Champions League but sit 12th in the league with a Media Prediction of 1st.

First things first, get my backroom staff in, Brian Kidd is promptly sacked(sorry :() and my right hand man Franco Baldini takes his place :) with all my other Real staff(who btw are now being managed by Arsene Wenger with van Gaal taking the Arsenal job).

Now, to fix this £3.1M wage bill, some players had to go including Nigel who was unhappy :(

All of these guys were on more than 80k a week with Adebayor on 150k
TransfersOut.png

I put my tactic in place and the results are as follows: 16 games, 3 draws, 0 losses
Fixtures.png

I signed 3 players, Kaka for £38M, I am one of his favoured personnel so he was happy to come(for 220k a week...), He was necessary as the team lacked a really good playmaker(Silva is a better winger in my tactic) and he already knew how my team worked so would fit into the role with ease.
Thomas Muller for £26M, Ideal striker in my tactic, poacher who can hold up play and supply to the wingers(Tevez and Silva) as well as score goals on their own(scored 4 against Everton on his debut(as a winger))
and Javier Pastore for £34M, Kaka's eventual successor, backup for now.

So, onto my first Champions League game with Man City against Bayern Munich... look who their manager is :P
Bayern.png

So, I'm happy so far.

You got some riduclously small fees for some of those players! £3m for De Jong?? £1.5m for Adebayor? Someone got themselves a bargain there! Lescott 500k!!

Motty said:
Jackson-ctid said:
Di Maria on the transfer list... unbelievable. United offered £28m for him in my second season and it wasn't enough.

Bit of an update on my game.

First Season at Real Madrid, I posted my tactic earlier, it worked wonders, won the Champions League and the League with Ronaldo beating the all time scorer record by 1 goal(39) which had stood since 1950. Dumped out of the Spanish Cup Final by Atletico Madrid but 2 league wins over Barca, 4-1 at Home and 1-0 away, Luck played a big part though, Villa, Messi, Iniesta, Puyol and Xavi missed huge parts of the season with injury and Barca got knocked out the champions league by AC Milan in the last 16 as a result and only just hung onto 2nd place with Atletico 3rd.

Highlight of the season was the Champions League Semi Final with Man U. 2-2 at Home with Ronaldo, Benzema and Higuain missing the next game due to suspension but remarkably managed to draw 3-3 away with a last minute screamer from Xabi Alonso putting us through.

Mancini's job was in doubt, only just got 4th place and consistently buying bad players. I declared interest but they knocked me back and decided to give him another shot. I decided I'd stick with Real for another season and then try again. All was going well in the league but Barca were back on top form, by the start of December, I had lost 1 game out of 16 and it was to them, they had lost 0 and were 2 points ahead. Mancini gets the sack and I decide to cut my ties with Real Madrid and jump ship to City, few unhappy directors, upset fans and most of my staff deciding to leave with me.

Off to Sunny Manchester to try and resurrect City's failing season, they are through to the knockout stages of the Champions League but sit 12th in the league with a Media Prediction of 1st.

First things first, get my backroom staff in, Brian Kidd is promptly sacked(sorry :() and my right hand man Franco Baldini takes his place :) with all my other Real staff(who btw are now being managed by Arsene Wenger with van Gaal taking the Arsenal job).

Now, to fix this £3.1M wage bill, some players had to go including Nigel who was unhappy :(

All of these guys were on more than 80k a week with Adebayor on 150k
TransfersOut.png

I put my tactic in place and the results are as follows: 16 games, 3 draws, 0 losses
Fixtures.png

I signed 3 players, Kaka for £38M, I am one of his favoured personnel so he was happy to come(for 220k a week...), He was necessary as the team lacked a really good playmaker(Silva is a better winger in my tactic) and he already knew how my team worked so would fit into the role with ease.
Thomas Muller for £26M, Ideal striker in my tactic, poacher who can hold up play and supply to the wingers(Tevez and Silva) as well as score goals on their own(scored 4 against Everton on his debut(as a winger))
and Javier Pastore for £34M, Kaka's eventual successor, backup for now.

So, onto my first Champions League game with Man City against Bayern Munich... look who their manager is :P
Bayern.png

So, I'm happy so far.

You got some riduclously small fees for some of those players! £3m for De Jong?? £1.5m for Adebayor? Someone got themselves a bargain there! Lescott 500k!!

haha, I just needed to get the wage bill down. I wanted to keep de Jong but he was upset at the departure of mancini and stated his desire to leave. Adebayor needed to go, he was earning far too much, I still pay 40k of his wages but thats 110k less than it was originally. SWP also went out on a free, Lescott for 500k is crazy I know, but no one would take him for any higher than that. got 16m for Kolarov and Boateng but :)

How does this "board buys the player" thing work? Had bids for messi accepted but can't meet his wages. How can I get the board to "make it so"?

Pingu the Penguin said:
How does this "board buys the player" thing work? Had bids for messi accepted but can't meet his wages. How can I get the board to "make it so"?

Use the wage adjustment thing to give yourself a significantly lower transfer budget. Go to the transfer offer screen and on the right there should be an option to ask the board to get the player.

I find the best option is to say:

I really think we should get this player as it will show that we really mean business.

Pingu the Penguin said:
Tell Messi stop being a greedy little shit.

After 9 years I've won 3 CL, 5 FA Cups, 7 PL and 7 League Cups...I should move on but I've built such an immense team and poached all the best youngsters it's too difficult!

Took Uruguay to the 2nd Round of the WC, before crashing out of Euro 2016 with Spain in the Quarters until my greatest FM triumph occured with victory in the 2018 WC with a decrepid Spain squad

Just completed my first season with luton and won the league convincingly with a 77% win rate.

signed players like Adam Le Fondre, Jennison Myrie williams and also Christian Gimenez and Andy Van Der Meyde on frees.

Heres the situation though, sunderland just sacked the elephant man and sunderland want me to take over.

Do i continue as Luton boss and move on up the leagues or go for the big time???

lateralthinker said:
Just completed my first season with luton and won the league convincingly with a 77% win rate.

signed players like Adam Le Fondre, Jennison Myrie williams and also Christian Gimenez and Andy Van Der Meyde on frees.

Heres the situation though, sunderland just sacked the elephant man and sunderland want me to take over.

Do i continue as Luton boss and move on up the leagues or go for the big time???

save the game, then take over sunderland. if you get bored or don't enjoy it quit it without saving and go back to your Luton save. If you do enjoy it save it under a different name so you have both games available.

Took Rotherham from league 2 to the championship in 3 seasons, went to the geordies halfway through 2013-2014 season.
they were bottom of the league, kept them up, then went on to finish 6th the next season with kevin gameiro scoring 38 goals in 37 league games !
won the europa league the next season, but my league form was not so good and finished 12th that season.
snapped up a load of regens and stuck them in under 18s and out on loan.
have one 16 year old from norwich liam hughes with potential ability of 5 stars.
currently top of the league and running away from the pack in my europa group.
2vj4ohy.png

^^^^^
this is my newcastle side
332nq0o.png

^^^^^
and this is liam hughes my potential wonderkid

I have a much better wonderkid ;)

Literally the best regenerated player I have ever seen in any football manager game:
Delgado.png

Not so typical City scenario, qualified for Europe by 2 goals on the last day :|
Leaguetable.png

Anyone ever had this?
Silva.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.