Football Manager 2011

michael1991 said:
what players did you have to buy to win the league with FULHAM?? and whats your line-up.
no matter how hard i try i can never win it with city :(

I play a direct 424 formation, high line and high tempo - score loads but let loads in!

Players I bought were:

GK: Joe Lewis - 1.6m
LB: Roberto Carlos - 900k / Alex Sandro - 4m
CM: Boyata - Loan / Omar Toprak 4m
CM: Shawcroft - 12m
RB: Stephen Kelly / Schelotto - Free

MC: Vanden Borre - 500k / Cattermole - 10m
MC: Paulo Henrique - 11m / Gary Deegan 500k

AML: Costa Douglas - 12m / Donal McDermott - Free
AMR: Weiss - 6m / Jordan Hernderson - 5.5m

STR: Babacar - 15m / Ahmed Khalil - 1m
STR: Kadlec - 1m

First season was flogging all the crap at Fulham and bedding in my tactics, finished 7th. Second season I bought rest of squad and won the prem.

lmjones1uk said:
michael1991 said:
what players did you have to buy to win the league with FULHAM?? and whats your line-up.
no matter how hard i try i can never win it with city :(

I play a direct 424 formation, high line and high tempo - score loads but let loads in!

Players I bought were:

First season was flogging all the crap at Fulham and bedding in my tactics, finished 7th. Second season I bought rest of squad and won the prem.

Wow that's a completely different 1st 11 apart from Kelly!! I tried it once with villa but the players never turned up and lost or drew most of my games and it's well frustrating! I need a fresh start with a decent team and a bit of money to turn them into a top team, any recommendations??

michael1991 said:
lmjones1uk said:
Just had one of my best seasons on FM11, in my second season I won the PL with Fulham (see below) with my star striker bagging over 50 goals (see below also). What made it sweeter though is that my mate who is super competative had a shit season with West Brom!!

2qcjrqd.png

35ku04h.png

I'm thinking of resigning now though as all my unearthed gems are wanted by the big clubs and are becoming unsettled, much to my mates amusement!

how do you play kadlec , ?

Having a nightmare at the moment with my City team, I've won the Premiership 3 times in a row now, this season I had a great start but after January my team hasn't been the same, went from 1st to fighting for 4th spot lost 3 games in a row now including Carling Cup final v Sunderland, the only good thing is I beat Inter Milan away 4-0, how could I get my team back to winning ways?

SS117 said:
Having a nightmare at the moment with my City team, I've won the Premiership 3 times in a row now, this season I had a great start but after January my team hasn't been the same, went from 1st to fighting for 4th spot lost 3 games in a row now including Carling Cup final v Sunderland, the only good thing is I beat Inter Milan away 4-0, how could I get my team back to winning ways?

It's because your players become complacent, your assisent manager will tell you if players are complacent - change your prematch team talks to 'expect to win' if your favourites and also tell your key member that you 'expect a performance'

Regarding Kadlec, I play him as the right side striker, I play balls in-between the centre backs and over the top for him to run onto. I don't use the tactic generator, I use the classic tactics so I have more control over how they play. Most of my supply came from two wingers drilling crosses in and a deep playing play maker feeding balls through the middle and two the wings.<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:09 pm --<br /><br />
michael1991 said:
lmjones1uk said:

Players I bought were:

Wow that's a completely different 1st 11 apart from Kelly!! I tried it once with villa but the players never turned up and lost or drew most of my games and it's well frustrating! I need a fresh start with a decent team and a bit of money to turn them into a top team, any recommendations??

If there's a lot of transition then your team won't be familiar with your tactics and if they dot speak the language the performances drop. What I did with Fulham was sell half the chaff in the first season then the rest in the second season so the transition isn't as drastic.

Regarding money, I paid for my expensive players over 2-3yrs that way you afford players you don't have the budget for. Be warned though, could do a Leeds if too eager!

lmjones1uk said:
SS117 said:

It's because your players become complacent, your assisent manager will tell you if players are complacent - change your prematch team talks to 'expect to win' if your favourites and also tell your key member that you 'expect a performance'

Regarding Kadlec, I play him as the right side striker, I play balls in-between the centre backs and over the top for him to run onto. I don't use the tactic generator, I use the classic tactics so I have more control over how they play. Most of my supply came from two wingers drilling crosses in and a deep playing play maker feeding balls through the middle and two the wings.

-- Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:09 pm --

michael1991 said:

If there's a lot of transition then your team won't be familiar with your tactics and if they dot speak the language the performances drop. What I did with Fulham was sell half the chaff in the first season then the rest in the second season so the transition isn't as drastic.

Regarding money, I paid for my expensive players over 2-3yrs that way you afford players you don't have the budget for. Be warned though, could do a Leeds if too eager!
Cheers for the help mate

Now in my 3rd season as City Manager. Came second in the league, got beat in the semi's of the Europa to At Madrid.

Won both the League and FA Cup in the first season.

Second year was a disaster. Got beat in the quarters of both Champions League & FA Cup to Lyon & Southampton.

I was beating Southampton 0-2 and they beat me with 2 late goals to win 3-2. I then dropped down to 4th spot and nearly got the sack. Ended up 2nd again to Chelsea but dont seem to be able to pip them for the Title.

Reading a few other threads there are things that I dont do that maybe I should. Imjones1uk: Tactics what you do, I dont and was also told not to give team talks before or during the match. Maybe I should be talking to individuals. I'm confused lol.

I won the Segunda league with Celta Vigo in my first season without spending a penny. David Rodriguez scored 25 goals in 32 games and reckon he could do it for a Championship club if anybody is after a good cheap striker. Olivier Kapo was a revelation as well!

Been given 140k to spend to keep the team in La Liga. I envisage a difficult season is on the horizon!

Mossy said:
Now in my 3rd season as City Manager. Came second in the league, got beat in the semi's of the Europa to At Madrid.

Won both the League and FA Cup in the first season.

Second year was a disaster. Got beat in the quarters of both Champions League & FA Cup to Lyon & Southampton.

I was beating Southampton 0-2 and they beat me with 2 late goals to win 3-2. I then dropped down to 4th spot and nearly got the sack. Ended up 2nd again to Chelsea but dont seem to be able to pip them for the Title.

Reading a few other threads there are things that I dont do that maybe I should. Imjones1uk: Tactics what you do, I dont and was also told not to give team talks before or during the match. Maybe I should be talking to individuals. I'm confused lol.

I play 424, but the important thing to do is to nominate 3x tactics in the Match Prep and stick with them so your players become fully familiar with them. Match team talks definatley make a difference (ask ass manager for team talk feedback) - in general if you are fav to win I choose "expect a win" and if my players score a 7 or more qt half time I choose "have faith in their ability" also if they are 6.5 or below I usually tell them I'm disappointed.

2pt4io0.png

Been absolutely immense for me our Mario. Hope he can do this for us eventually. He's not even my top scorer, Tevez has plenty more in the league and overall but Balotelli's assists are also something special.

Didn't start a City one until recently as I've been trying out other teams since it was released and got some good long term games going. Currently 3rd in the league behind Arsenal and Scum. Arsenal are running away with it. They're something like 12 points ahead and haven't lost yet this season. I've got them at home soon though so I reckon I can do them. In the Carling Cup Semi's against Cardiff which I'm 3-1 up on aggregate. Winner plays either Scum or Everton in the final which will be good either way. Drawn Rangers in Europa League 1st Knockout and I've got West Brom in FA Cup 4th Round. Fully addicted as well which I'm surprised at as I thought City might be a bit boring.

Had Richards and Zaba ruled out for 7 weeks each in the same game! Meant I've had to bring in Kaboul on loan to cover right back for a bit. Played Trippier against Cardiff and he kept Bellamy quiet but he's not the long term solution. My signings have been Lukaku, Lucas (Brazilian attacking mid from Sao Paolo) and Timothee Kolodzieczak (French left back). In the summer I'm going for Dzeko as I started the game before the new update, probably Lahm for right back as Van der Wiel has gone to Villa, and then possibly some more in midfield. Tempted to go for Bale but not sure where he'd fit in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.