Football Manager 2011

Got it out before Wembley! Haha..
New Update: <a class="postlink" href="http://footballmanagerstory.com/forum/index.php?topic=94.120" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://footballmanagerstory.com/forum/i ... pic=94.120</a>

Bongo Joe said:
2pt4io0.png

Been absolutely immense for me our Mario. Hope he can do this for us eventually. He's not even my top scorer, Tevez has plenty more in the league and overall but Balotelli's assists are also something special.

Didn't start a City one until recently as I've been trying out other teams since it was released and got some good long term games going. Currently 3rd in the league behind Arsenal and Scum. Arsenal are running away with it. They're something like 12 points ahead and haven't lost yet this season. I've got them at home soon though so I reckon I can do them. In the Carling Cup Semi's against Cardiff which I'm 3-1 up on aggregate. Winner plays either Scum or Everton in the final which will be good either way. Drawn Rangers in Europa League 1st Knockout and I've got West Brom in FA Cup 4th Round. Fully addicted as well which I'm surprised at as I thought City might be a bit boring.

Had Richards and Zaba ruled out for 7 weeks each in the same game! Meant I've had to bring in Kaboul on loan to cover right back for a bit. Played Trippier against Cardiff and he kept Bellamy quiet but he's not the long term solution. My signings have been Lukaku, Lucas (Brazilian attacking mid from Sao Paolo) and Timothee Kolodzieczak (French left back). In the summer I'm going for Dzeko as I started the game before the new update, probably Lahm for right back as Van der Wiel has gone to Villa, and then possibly some more in midfield. Tempted to go for Bale but not sure where he'd fit in.

My problem with Balotelli in the game is he's too versatile so there's always a temptation to put him out wide in favour of tevez and Dzeko... To be fair when I played him as a striker he was always scoring.

Regarding the right back position, Micah is only ever used as a squad player for me, unfortunately he lacks the attacking attributes to make a top-draw box to box right back, Zabba however develops into an amazing right back (focus on training his crossing).

One of the best purchases for value I bought on my City game was Jordan Spence, who dosnt look much at first but 3 seasons in he tool Lescots place as LCB and is a starter in the England team. Another bargin player is Deegan from Coventry, he's perfect as a deep laying midfield play maker, he made 24 assists for me one season and only cost 500k.

One of the things I try to do as the city manager is to get more British players into the squad and reduce the wage bill. There's some players who are on obsence money, and even though City can afford it it grates me!!

The best prospects from the youth team in my opinion are Boyata and McDermott(sp) although the latter is admittedly a squad / carling cup player. Gudetti dosnt get much better but he is incredibly greedy and wants obsence wages!

Took Bradford to within 1 minute of winning the premier league in 2024, and lost 2-1 in the 92nd at, of all places, Old trafford.

can anyone recommend a promising left back, currently have coentrao need a promising back up, won domestic treble with city first season, sold kolarov.

For almost a full season now (11/12) I have been playing Lucas Digne at left back. Bought him the previous season and he has been immense for me, in spite of his very young age. Kolarov is doing a good job as well and I use him for my cup formation.

KennyG said:
can anyone recommend a promising left back, currently have coentrao need a promising back up, won domestic treble with city first season, sold kolarov.
Marcelo
Bale
Criscito
Bastos
Ryan Bertrand (Good young English as backup for the homegrown rule.)

Matt the Giant said:
For almost a full season now (11/12) I have been playing Lucas Digne at left back. Bought him the previous season and he has been immense for me, in spite of his very young age. Kolarov is doing a good job as well and I use him for my cup formation.
I've got Gareth Bale and made him a proper left back, he's class.

Yeah I suspect nothing else, but I didn't want to pay.. well pay City money for him and am always looking for good deals, investments.
I've gotten magnificent offers for Digne and my second keeper, Sinan Bolat and might sell them next season to make a more than 15x profit.

Nd the question was asked about a "promising" left back, not an already established.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.