Football Manager 2011

So after a lengthy spell out of management (laptop broke) I have returned to the game. I am the manager of Reading which to be honest is a nice little challenge, they are expected to finish 9th and only have 150k transfer budget and that's after selecting 'title challenge'

At the moment I am currently 4th on 51 points at the end of January. I'm 1 point off 3rd and 3 off 2nd and 1st.

I signed 3 players - Appiah (French RB 18YO)
Borini - (ST Chelsea loan)
Steven Dobbie (850k - installments)

I hope to take Reading up and make them a top half prem club before I look at any other challenge.

Joined Napoli last night, really enjoying it although we've not started the league yet. Won all the games in pre-season, including a 2:0 victory against a 50% strength Barca. Won the home leg against Red Star 2:1 after letting in a sloppy goal in the 80th minute, second leg to come then it's kicking off the league campaign.

For the first time ever I've made my own back team, this includes Andy Cole.

i started again with normal rules etc. and took over West Ham at the start, who I'd moved in to the Championship. Got them up with over 100 points as Champions, and took them to 9th by December in the first season back up. Had no money at all, club in a financial mess under David Gold who bought out David Sullivan after Sullivan refused to sell to a foreign tycoon, so I left and took the Athletic Bilbao job. They were 13th when I joined on 16 points, and I took them to 4th at the end of the seasonon 65 points. As I only took an 18 month deal and because I could only sign Basque players I stayed on for 1 more year to finish 4th on 70 points(ahead of rivals Sociedad on goal difference), got them through the CL Playoffs beating seeded Rangers 4-0 on agg, but finished 3rd in the group on 8 points behind Porto & Inter, which is fair enough. In the Europa I got to the 2nd knockout round before losing to Palermo, who strangely got relegated, and I got to the Copa Del Rey final to lose to Real Madrid.

Left at the end of the season and took the vacant Barcelona job. Won the league on 100 points, won the Champions League and Spanish Cup in my first season. My squad's getting pretty old overall so I'm going to go 1-2 more seasons with them, flog them and bring in the younger lads I want like Hamsik, Jones and San Jose, who are excellent.

My season last night came down too the last game of the season.

Norwich had won the league on 88 points and i was lying in second on 84 points with Nottingham Forrest on 81 points. I had a 55+ goal difference and they had 51+ goal difference.

I drew at home 2-2 to Burnley last game and they beat Sheff Utd 2-1 at home which meant we tied points and i went up in 2nd place on goal difference :)

I have signed these players now.

Hernan Crespo: FREE
Jerzy Dudek: FREE
Jonothan Woodgate: FREE
Sandro: LOAN
Jonothan Fleck: LOAN
Ludovic Giuly:FREE
Jesper Gronkjaer:FREE

Viva Rivaldo said:
Mancini always reverts to spastic mode on my game; only ever plays Tevez on the right, and benches Silva.

Always gets sacked on my games. Never uses Balotelli either.

I've been City for 5 years, won every cup possible even the England manager as well.

Anyone know a good team to be in the Championship?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.