Football Manager 2011

I can't remember the points system. Surely there has to be more than just winning trophies etc. Maybe we can use how many points you get over a season? and others.

Argentinian teams always good for a challenge. Also find some properly good wonderkids that you can then poach in future games!

PSmyth07 said:
I can't remember the points system. Surely there has to be more than just winning trophies etc. Maybe we can use how many points you get over a season? and others.

Just googled FM 3 season challenge and come across one system for starting in the championship.

Part 1 of the challenge is "The Championship"

250 points for winning the league.
100 points for coming second.
50 points for winning the playoffs.

100 points for winning a domestic cup.
30 points for finishing as a runner up in a domestic cup.

20 points for having a player as the leagues top goalscorer.
20 points for having a player as the leagues top assister.
20 points for having a player with the leagues top average rating.

25 points for getting 100 points or more in the league.
15 points for scoring more than 90 league goals.

15 points for conceding less than 40 goals.

10 points for scoring 5 goals or more.
Minus 10 points for every 5 goals conceded.

Then we have Part 2 of the challenge where the below points obviously rely on you being promoted to the Premiership. If you failed to get promotion, then I guess you use the points system above once again:

1000 points for winning the EPL
850 points for coming 2nd
700 points for coming 3rd
600 points for coming 4th
500 points for coming 5th
400 points for coming 6th
350 points for coming 7th
300 points for coming 8th
250 points for coming 9th
200 points for coming 10th
190 points for coming 11th
180 points for coming 12th

500 points for winning the Champions League.
250 points for winning the Europa League.

100 points for winning a domestic cup.
30 points for finishing as a runner up in a domestic cup.

20 points for having a player as the leagues top goalscorer.
20 points for having a player as the leagues top assister.
20 points for having a player with the leagues top average rating.

25 points for getting 90 points or more in the league.
15 points for scoring more than 80 league goals.

15 points for conceding less than 35 goals.

10 points for scoring 5 goals or more.
Minus 10 points for every 5 goals conceded.

I'm up for this if anyone else fancies it? Should you wish to start lower down in League 1 for instance then I guess you could apply the part 2 points for the championship and use the part 1 points for League one?

Completely addicted to my Crewe game now. Driving the missus up the wall. She goes to bed and I stay up till the early hours hunting for bargains! Just signed a pre-contract agreement with a Swedish youngster - his contact is up in summer and City wanted him, but I got him! No idea how, they just didn't make a bid. Probably confident they can pluck him from me if he turns decent.

Just had the Jan transfer window slam shut. Brought in 11 new players after my board allowed me to renegotiate the budget because we were top of the league. Bought in mainly 16/17 year old kids as I had only 9 home grown and I need 10 by the rules, and brought in Lewis Buxton + Isaac Osbourne to boost that quota.

Also brought in a left winger from Celtic, 21 yo, to replace my French winger whom Levante and Livorno were both chasing, but he rejected terms with both! Was pushing him to leave, a cool half a million if he had left. Now I'm stuck with 3 wingers who all expect to play week in week out.

Collins John injured again, surprise surprise, so brought in a Romanian striker called Danalache - a good target man but can't hit a cow's back side with a banjo - and also a young Croatian u21 international whom I'm playing behind Danalache and is a great prospect, far too good for this league and very lucky to have found him (only got him as agent offered him to me and so took a gamble based on the stats I could see).

Still top with 20 games to go in the league, but not pasting teams like I was earlier in the season. Into 5th round of the FA Cup thanks to an ultra-lucky draw - Stalybridge in the 3rd and Brighton in the 4th. Just awaiting 5th round draw. Also got the Johnstone Paint Final coming up, Peterborough.

Elsewhere, City have climbed to 4th and spent £70M in January - Bryan Ruiz for just £4.1M, Contraeo (sp) for £11M, and at last, as expected Srna, for £14M. Other signings were Nuri Sahin for £18M, a CB who I have never heard of for £9M and I can't remember the rest! Liverpool were bottom with just 5 points until recently, now they are moving up the table unfortunately, and Leicester have sacked Sven as they are 16th and expected a promotion push.

Plan is to sell a good few in summer - I have over 30 full time players on the books now - and I think that will bring in somewhere around the £1million mark. But I'm going to need a better left back, a new DM to replace my OAP Dutch tackler Van Den Leegte, and maybe a new RM to replace 35 year old Martijn Reuser - his physical stats are dropping by the week! But in general I think my squad can do well in L1, so I think I am expecting a push for the play-offs next year. League 2 to Championship within 2 seasons? That's my self-set challenge now.

bluetonium said:
Completely addicted to my Crewe game now. Driving the missus up the wall. She goes to bed and I stay up till the early hours hunting for bargains! Just signed a pre-contract agreement with a Swedish youngster - his contact is up in summer and City wanted him, but I got him! No idea how, they just didn't make a bid. Probably confident they can pluck him from me if he turns decent.

Just had the Jan transfer window slam shut. Brought in 11 new players after my board allowed me to renegotiate the budget because we were top of the league. Bought in mainly 16/17 year old kids as I had only 9 home grown and I need 10 by the rules, and brought in Lewis Buxton + Isaac Osbourne to boost that quota.

Also brought in a left winger from Celtic, 21 yo, to replace my French winger whom Levante and Livorno were both chasing, but he rejected terms with both! Was pushing him to leave, a cool half a million if he had left. Now I'm stuck with 3 wingers who all expect to play week in week out.

Collins John injured again, surprise surprise, so brought in a Romanian striker called Danalache - a good target man but can't hit a cow's back side with a banjo - and also a young Croatian u21 international whom I'm playing behind Danalache and is a great prospect, far too good for this league and very lucky to have found him (only got him as agent offered him to me and so took a gamble based on the stats I could see).

Still top with 20 games to go in the league, but not pasting teams like I was earlier in the season. Into 5th round of the FA Cup thanks to an ultra-lucky draw - Stalybridge in the 3rd and Brighton in the 4th. Just awaiting 5th round draw. Also got the Johnstone Paint Final coming up, Peterborough.

Elsewhere, City have climbed to 4th and spent £70M in January - Bryan Ruiz for just £4.1M, Contraeo (sp) for £11M, and at last, as expected Srna, for £14M. Other signings were Nuri Sahin for £18M, a CB who I have never heard of for £9M and I can't remember the rest! Liverpool were bottom with just 5 points until recently, now they are moving up the table unfortunately, and Leicester have sacked Sven as they are 16th and expected a promotion push.

Plan is to sell a good few in summer - I have over 30 full time players on the books now - and I think that will bring in somewhere around the £1million mark. But I'm going to need a better left back, a new DM to replace my OAP Dutch tackler Van Den Leegte, and maybe a new RM to replace 35 year old Martijn Reuser - his physical stats are dropping by the week! But in general I think my squad can do well in L1, so I think I am expecting a push for the play-offs next year. League 2 to Championship within 2 seasons? That's my self-set challenge now.

It's not too tricky to get back to back promotions to the championship, gets tricky then though. There isn't a big gulf in quality between L2 and L1.

Blue Smarties said:
Can we pick a team for this challenge then?!

How about picking a local side from either Championship or League 1? I agree with the above poster that it's not hard to get promoted from L2 to L1 but it does get more difficult L1 to Championship etc. L1 is a tough league providing you aren't one of Peterborough, Southampton, Huddersfield, Charlton, Sheff Wed etc.

I'd plump for one of:

League One: Oldham or Rochdale
Championship: Burnley

Needless to say it'd obviously be better if everyone involved in this challenge were to be the same team!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.