Football Manager 2011

Silva'sGold said:
Kinda new to FM. I know how to play the game, the staff just confuse me! Can anyone recommend what to do with City staff? I.e who to sack.
Sack Kidd and hire a proper assistant, if you want to splash the cash AC Milan's assistant is among the best there is

We also have some weak positions I think either physio/fitness, some youth coaches and some scouts.

If they aren't above 16 in their specialties get rid and hire proper replacements. There's always those World-Class Italian ones that are jobless and will sign for us.

Started a file with Wrexham, got promotion to league 2 in my first season. 2nd season I finished 9th, just missing on the play-offs. Now in my third season (second season in Lg 2) and I'm getting absolutely raped, losing my first 10 games.

I've kept the same tactics and signed a 2 or 3 new (better) players. Now my morale is piss poor and I don't look like winning any time soon

:(

kippaxwarrior said:
FM 2012 coming soon

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sega.co.uk/fm2012/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sega.co.uk/fm2012/</a>

The whole 'Tone' match talks looks great. Hope there's more than just that and a bit of a redesign though, doesn't seem like it's worth £40 otherwise. I'll just download an updated database thanks!

Pride_In_Battle said:
kippaxwarrior said:
FM 2012 coming soon

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sega.co.uk/fm2012/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sega.co.uk/fm2012/</a>

The whole 'Tone' match talks looks great. Hope there's more than just that and a bit of a redesign though, doesn't seem like it's worth £40 otherwise. I'll just download an updated database thanks!
The problem they have is that the current set-up works so well, can it really be significantly improved? All i can really see is tweaks and graphical improvements, the actual game is pretty flawless.

Not really much they can do graphically, surely? All they can improve on is the 3d match engine, but if they do that it won't run on quite a few people's PCs. It already takes quite a bit as it is. Surely if they're doing very little to improve it, it'll either be out sooner, or they'll actually bother to check it for bugs instead of relying on patches every couple of months.

Unfortunately I have already got bored with City, having not lost a single game (15 games in) it isn't looking too fun :( Can anyone recommend a team that is fun to play with, with youngsters coming through, and a fairly decent amount of cash (£10m?). I was thinking Santos but I want to be in Champions league :) (Bear in mind I am still quite new to this game!)

Ta x

Silva'sGold said:
Unfortunately I have already got bored with City, having not lost a single game (15 games in) it isn't looking too fun :( Can anyone recommend a team that is fun to play with, with youngsters coming through, and a fairly decent amount of cash (£10m?). I was thinking Santos but I want to be in Champions league :) (Bear in mind I am still quite new to this game!)

Ta x

maybe aston villa. When I am bored with city I usally start a new save and play as another top team such as bayern or inter, sometimes gets less boring when you switch inbetween teams.

Silva'sGold said:

Ta x

Sunderland have got a good board who give you decent transfer amounts. Or maybe someone like Ajax?

I personally find it more fun starting with a smaller team and getting them to the Prem, much more satisfaction, and you develop a real fondness for the team. I've just started one with Crewe, they've got a good stadium and some ok players but are predicted mid table league 2. Currently top of the league after quite a few free signings and loans. Might be a bit too challenging if you've only just started though.

Silva'sGold said:

Ta x

fiorentina are fun, as are palermo and napoli - all have good young talent to build around and a elatively nice transfer budget to start that building process. fiorentina have babacar who is a beast, napoli have lavezzi, hamsik and cavani, and palermo have just sold pastore for 38m so they should have a nice budget to play with - or you could load up an old database and play with pastore, who is also a beast. palermo also have abel hernandez who is awesome.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.