Football Manager 2011

Started as Stalybridge Celtic, Signed the likes of Jeff Whitley, Jonathan + Nathan D'Laryea and had Richard Edgehill as my assistant. Was there 3 years and then new owners came in who decided to not offer me a new contract. Was unemployed for 6 months then got offered the Alfreton Job in December. They were 15th when I took over, finished 7th (2 points off the play offs) currently top of the Blue Square Bet North after 13 games of the 2014/15 season.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
don't get the excitement or motivation to manage anybody that won't let me spend a shit load of cash.

There is an attraction - game takes on a whole different style of play, and offers different challenges. Finding a gem, making him half decent. Even selling him on for a few million, great feeling. Searching u19 and u21 teams in Albania, Romania and so on just in case. Taking a gamble. It's addictive.

My best was on the 06 game - played as Cisco Roma and bought someone on a free transfer, a forward called Martinez, and an English lad called Jake Cole in net. No money, everything had to be on frees and very subject to wages. Had to change the style of play to suit the players I had for the first 3/4 months. Had a great ex-International technically gifted 39 y.o. left winger but with no pace, so had to make set pieces count, for example, and use strikers good off the ball and with pace, to make up for it.

Got promoted to Serie B and Milan wanted to co-own him. Eventually I sold Martinez on after he scored on his Italy debut, €7m, and Jake Cole to Brum for £2.5m, and bought better players that I'd had my eye on. Next season, Serie A and beat rivals Roma away! Board thought I was a God! Well chuffed. Still couldn't get any job offers from the Premier League though, all Division 1 and Championship level.

In short, signed some players good for the league but still pretty poor, got them playing well and sold them on at extortionate prices, allowing me to buy some truly great potential players.

without a dream said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
don't get the excitement or motivation to manage anybody that won't let me spend a shit load of cash.

I'm the exact opposite, gets very, very boring and easy of you can buy whoever you want without any limitations.

I know it is, I just flutter from club to club, win everything I can and go somewhere else.

I've done the whole "DIY scouting domestic clubs in the Soviet Bloc/South America" lark too, I just can't get into clubs that aren't City, don't have a passion for other teams.

Pride_In_Battle said:
hertsblue said:
I just got the game and started as Wednesday also. As im skint, im bargin hunting and ditched all my coaching staff (local reps) and trying to bring in national rep but i wanted 1 of each type but the dam board wont allow me more coaches

Don't worry at all about coaches at that level. The youth system isn't good enough yet to produce players to take you to the next level, and any players you get in will either be nearing the end of their career or not good enough if you're looking to get into the Prem ASAP. Save your wage bill for your players, and try and keep them to 2 year contracts so you're not stuck with them when they aren't good enough any more.

Top of the table atm, p9, w7 d1 l1 and just persuaded my board to let me take on 2 more coaches. I find my team has clicked now after a slow start esp as the match preperation screen has me on nearly full boxes now. Lost 2-1 at home to Bolton in the carling cup and fans still unhappy about that, ungratefull bastrds. Team full of freebies narrowly losing at home to Premier league club. What do they expect

JoeMercer'sWay said:
lost my santos game to a memory crash :(, had won the brazil league, state championship and the copa libertadores, had turned Paulo Henrique into a £15m player. Had an awesome team including Henrique, Neymar, Giuliano, Elano, Adilson, Mario Fernandes, Jonathan, Mariano, Ribeiro and Tardelli, was looking for a big European job after proving myself abroad but it crashed! :(.

I had a few crashes also so i tend to save the game after each game now, win lose or draw, so if it does crash i dont have to replay 1 month of the season

Hoping that fat fucked with the white beard brings me this on Saturday! I was told not to buy it so if it doesn't I'll be pissed off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.