Football Manager 2011

Just started a new game with Espanyol. Quite a buzzing club, brand new stadium etc! Target is Europa League and a good Copa Del Ray run.

inbetween said:
Just started a new game with Espanyol. Quite a buzzing club, brand new stadium etc! Target is Europa League and a good Copa Del Ray run.
[bigimg]http://i54.tinypic.com/2ec3s3m.jpg[/bigimg]
Your challenge is to do better than me ;-)

hertsblue said:
Pride_In_Battle said:
Sheffield Wednesday like me! Really good challenge, they're in serious amounts of debt so no transfer budget and a wage budget of about 70k a week. Just been relegated so the board want you to get them back to the championship and a really average team to do it with. Had to sign 9 or 10 decent players just to compete with Charlton and MK Dons. Plus they've got Nicky Weaver as first choice GK. Lovely and difficult, none of this buying 3 players for 90mil and winning the Prem in your first season. Much better when you've really got to work for it! Oh and the entire coaching and scouting team is appalling too, so I had to replace nearly all of those. Very fun!

I just got the game and started as Wednesday also. As im skint, im bargin hunting and ditched all my coaching staff (local reps) and trying to bring in national rep but i wanted 1 of each type but the dam board wont allow me more coaches

Don't worry at all about coaches at that level. The youth system isn't good enough yet to produce players to take you to the next level, and any players you get in will either be nearing the end of their career or not good enough if you're looking to get into the Prem ASAP. Save your wage bill for your players, and try and keep them to 2 year contracts so you're not stuck with them when they aren't good enough any more.

I took your advice too. Started as Wednesday signed about 6 loan players, Nimley, The Swedish kid from City, Donal McDermett, 2 other players from different sides. Fortune the ex Rag.

Weaver is quite poor want to replace him but we're skint.

Got robbed off AFC Wimbledon as I got Purse sent off in the first min of the 2nd round of the FACUP. couldn't believe it they beat me 3-2.

Currently 8th a point behind the play off places I'm just in January now!

lost my santos game to a memory crash :(, had won the brazil league, state championship and the copa libertadores, had turned Paulo Henrique into a £15m player. Had an awesome team including Henrique, Neymar, Giuliano, Elano, Adilson, Mario Fernandes, Jonathan, Mariano, Ribeiro and Tardelli, was looking for a big European job after proving myself abroad but it crashed! :(.

Originals said:
I took your advice too. Started as Wednesday signed about 6 loan players, Nimley, The Swedish kid from City, Donal McDermett, 2 other players from different sides. Fortune the ex Rag.

Weaver is quite poor want to replace him but we're skint.

Got robbed off AFC Wimbledon as I got Purse sent off in the first min of the 2nd round of the FACUP. couldn't believe it they beat me 3-2.

Currently 8th a point behind the play off places I'm just in January now!

You should have just looked for free players that would have been ok for the Championship, there's loads around at the start of the game. I signed Julio Cruz (ex-Inter) and Jeremie Aliadiere (ex-Arsenal) on frees. Got Guidetti from City on loan and he's unstoppable, a rating of at least 7.5 every game!

Got Ciaran Clark in on loan from Aston Villa and hardly concede a goal now. I paired him with Marcello Castellini, he's 37 but signed on a 2 year deal, perfect for this level. Michael Ball at LB is immense as well, he's now my captain. I mentioned the midfielders I brought in a few pages back if you want to search for them. I essentially brought in an entire new team, got rid of anyone earning ridiculous amounts *ahem*TUDGAY*ahem*.

All going well so far. Got to the semis of the FA cup in my first season, knocked out by Aston Villa in injury time after I'd come back from 2-0 down. Top of the league by a mile, all players happy.

Still looking for a replacement for Weaver, but he's so much better than the other keepers at this level I stuck with Jameson as back up and will try again after promotion.

Got sacked by city 18months in and got offered the cardiff job. A year later and I cant budge from mid table, I lose 4 on the bounce, then win 2, then lose 4.

Got a pretty decent side including Wickham on loan, Guidetti on loan.

SWP, Pennant, Dunn, some finnish guy etc

ell said:
Got sacked by city 18months in and got offered the cardiff job. A year later and I cant budge from mid table, I lose 4 on the bounce, then win 2, then lose 4.

Got a pretty decent side including Wickham on loan, Guidetti on loan.

SWP, Pennant, Dunn, some finnish guy etc

Sounds like your team talks, press conferences and match preparation need some work.

Check out http://Www.undergroundfc.com and http://www.thedugout.tv for help with those. Sounds like you've got a team that needs inspiring to wins. Is there a pattern to which kinds of teams you're playing and the result? For example, are you winning against smaller teams and losing to title contenders? If it's that, then your team balance and tactics aren't set up right, or your players simply aren't good enough. Sounds like your midfield is ok, start with the defence and keeper and ask yourself whether they'll cope with the Prem, and replace if necessary. Hope you turn things around!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.