Football Manager 2011

pee dubya said:
Apparently not.

Mixture of getting caught on the ball in midfield and utterly shite defending. Shitbags.

Followed by another utterly shite performance away at Sevilla. Expert execution in the difficult to master art of ruining a title challenge over the course of 4 days.

Bad times, I've been flying this season unbeaten in the first 20 games then it all came crashing down, 5 first teamers out for 3 weeks + got beat in the semi's of the cup on away goals by bloody Getafe and then lost 2-0 to Real. Only a point clear at the top now and I've not played well for ages, been scraping wins against shit teams. At least my hopes are collapsing in feb rather than October now though, I can aim for march next year ;)

i wondered why my game felt like it was taking so long and then I realised I'd had 9 games in january and then another 7 in February, of which I still have another 3 left which include a trip to Barca, a cc final v spurs and an away trip to west ham, no wonder I was getting bored and felt like I was getting nowhere lol.

Bluemoon-Adam said:
What team could I start a season with looking for a team in the Spanish league with a decent budget to spend?

Ive got bored of my Rangers 1 after a lot of my youngsters failed to make any progress plus i lost on the opening day to Hearts.

Im going to start with a Spanish team but id advise you to load up a game and then scout a team. For example look at their financial situation and how good their players are because some teams may have decent players but no money to spend so either you stick with what youve got or sell them to bring in new ones.

I started 1 on 10 with Getafe and it was a good challenge but the board never gave me over £10m to spend so i had to sell all the best players. I would stay away from Athletic Bilbao because they can only sign Basque players meaning winning the league would be very difficult to say the least.

I think im going to skip the season on until Jan and then take over a decent team because then i can get rid of the shite signings the club made in the summer because they never leave when they have just signed. Plus it makes it a better challenge if they are underachieving.

Anyone know a good coach for Blackpool. I just joined them from Sampdoria and there in teh championship. I've got Brian Horton is as my assistant but i want a good all round coach for that level. Any suggestions?

Petemeister said:
Anyone know a good coach for Blackpool. I just joined them from Sampdoria and there in teh championship. I've got Brian Horton is as my assistant but i want a good all round coach for that level. Any suggestions?

What kind of coach are you looking for?

Petemeister said:
someone to Toughen up the defence mate. Holloway didn't leave them in a great state.

I dont know if hes good with defending but Moniz is a good coach. Always get him and he will almost certainly join if you can offer decent wages. Hes a youth coach but i sign him as a coach. Best thing to do is search and filter defence coaching and set it to 20 and see if anyone comes up.

Petemeister said:
someone to Toughen up the defence mate. Holloway didn't leave them in a great state.

Try and get someone with a 16 or a 17 for defending, with good discipline and man management skills. There should be a decent amount kicking about. Theyu might not be 5 star but i'm sure 3 and a half would be an improvement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.