Football Manager 2012 - Official Thread - Demo Out Now

Re: Football Manager 2012 - Official Thread - Demo Out Now!!!!

SO in a nut shell is 2012 better then 2011? because I found 2011 pretty shite and was easily bored after half a season....

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
SO in a nut shell is 2012 better then 2011? because I found 2011 pretty shite and was easily bored after half a season....
From the early signs I'm really enjoying it, only played a few games though as I'm working on some Uni portfolio work however it's decent. Hopefully Wilshere will be as decent on FM as he is looking in my drawing...

Only played the demo and the features they've added are good and there are more to come in the full game but i just think its too cluttered and they are trying to fit as much info into such a small space. I hope someone brings out a skin soon as it looks like its from the 90s with the writing so big and boring.
Going to get to end of demo and then will see if im going to bother spending £25 on it.

niall_mcfc said:
Only played the demo and the features they've added are good and there are more to come in the full game but i just think its too cluttered and they are trying to fit as much info into such a small space. I hope someone brings out a skin soon as it looks like its from the 90s with the writing so big and boring.
Going to get to end of demo and then will see if im going to bother spending £25 on it.

I found that with FM2011 it just seems they're trying to fit all their eggs into one basket!

I much prefered the old school Champ Manager games I think they're just trying to do too much having all these press conferences and shit then players spitting their dummys out because you fine then a weeks wages for missing 2 training sessions then you give warnings and have to keep track with warnings and fines then you've got to give them a moral boost pre-game and during half time because if you leave it to yout assitant (whos a useless twat) all the players become unmotivated, then the training is weak and no youth player really evolves into a world class player and always end up mediocre at best even if you have top facilities and the worlds best training staff!!!

There thats what FM is like in parts one big fuckin sentance no stop, no start just a shit load of bollocks all stuffed into one compact disc......... Great way to kill the pre-season off though.

niall_mcfc said:

I found that with FM2011 it just seems they're trying to fit all their eggs into one basket!

I much prefered the old school Champ Manager games I think they're just trying to do too much having all these press conferences and shit then players spitting their dummys out because you fine then a weeks wages for missing 2 training sessions then you give warnings and have to keep track with warnings and fines then you've got to give them a moral boost pre-game and during half time because if you leave it to yout assitant (whos a useless twat) all the players become unmotivated, then the training is weak and no youth player really evolves into a world class player and always end up mediocre at best even if you have top facilities and the worlds best training staff!!!

There thats what FM is like in parts one big fuckin sentance no stop, no start just a shit load of bollocks all stuffed into one compact disc......... Great way to kill the pre-season off though.

what's the point of a football management game if you can't have a realistic setup lol?

JoeMercer'sWay said:
niall_mcfc said:

what's the point of a football management game if you can't have a realistic setup lol?

I'm clearly not managment material haha.

I started 2011 again few weeks ago as I had just set up me new PC... I thought to myself "OK Ash go about the game as you would handle it in real life" The press fuckin hated me as did my players I got sacked from Stockport County, Cheltenham, Rochdale, Wrexham and some shite Irish no mark club..... so much for the strict take no shit approach...

I remember when I first played it and found it annoying when having to lick Balotelli's arse just to keep him happy as 1 bad word made him resent you for your entire managing career, I actually remember he played well in his previous 5 game but in about 25 games he was pretty poor, so I thought I'll give the lad a confindence boost and praise his previous (5 games) form and he actually moaned about it...... after that I gave up....

JoeMercer'sWay said:

I started 2011 again few weeks ago as I had just set up me new PC... I thought to myself "OK Ash go about the game as you would handle it in real life" The press fuckin hated me as did my players I got sacked from Stockport County, Cheltenham, Rochdale, Wrexham and some shite Irish no mark club..... so much for the strict take no shit approach...

I remember when I first played it and found it annoying when having to lick Balotelli's arse just to keep him happy as 1 bad word made him resent you for your entire managing career, I actually remember he played well in his previous 5 game but in about 25 games he was pretty poor, so I thought I'll give the lad a confindence boost and praise his previous (5 games) form and he actually moaned about it...... after that I gave up....

Lol, I leave them to it, I buy who I want straight off and then use rotation, but for big games use guys I trust.

Worked a treat on 11 as Balotelli got a run due to injuries in the spring and he got 17 goals in 12 games.<br /><br />-- Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:44 am --<br /><br />some of the valuations I've been handed:

Gotze-£77m.
Muller-£76m.
Damiao-£82.5m.
Lucas-£56m.
Eardley-£10.5m(playing as Geordies).
Hamsik-£38.5m.

It's ludicrous!

Well, i got home last night, ripped the wrapper off the new version of football manager and put the disc into the computer.
I couldn't wait to get started in my new managerial career.
I waited for steam to load up, but wait, what is this, Steam was asking if i'd like to work in offline mode. Of course not, i want to play this game. So i give it a little time, thinking my impatient behaviour has led to me being a bit premature at getting the game to install. Wouldn't be the first time i've been to quick for something.
Anyway, after patiently waiting a couple of minutes, i then hit the retry connection button, but nothing still. I scream at the computer, "Just let me play the fucking game" and then check the router.
POWER- check
Ethernet - check
Wireless - check
Broadband - check
Internet - Awwwwww for fucks sake.

So i try turning my router off and back on, try taking the leads out, try reseting the box all to no avail.
I then dig out the instalation stuff for the interent and not before long im on the phone and speaking to a technical assistant from o2 called Paul. Paul gets me to try this and try that, but everything we tried just didn't seem to work, i spoke to Paul for a good 2 hrs, and just when i felt there was a connection, not with Paul, but with the internet, there was nothing, it was just the broadband light glowing into where the internet light should be.
I think Paul by this time had had enough of me revealing the magician's secret's, mission achieved, his love for Dynamo was no more.
Paul decided we should go to the 2nd stage. This got me excitied, but i soon learnt that Paul meant a different and more technical department.

So 2nd stage it was. By this time it was 8.30pm and i'd been trying since 6pm. 2 and a half hrs to try and get on the internet, bring back dial up i thought, or even the Spectrum 48k with the rubber keys. Mike at 2nd stage, didn't quite manage to fufill my needs, he tried a few different things for another 45 minutes, and to no avail, Mike said he would need to get in touch with BT to check the line.

I eventually got off the phone at around 9.20pm, the battery of the phone was nearly dead, the phone was warm from where my ear had been and my ear itself felt like it was glowing like an ember floating into the night sky. I turned off the computer and walked away from my home station and decided to admit defeat, i took one glance back to see FM12 sat there looking up at me, and then i thought, i bet those wankers on bluemoon will laugh at this in the morning.

:( GUTTED!

Ricster said:
Well, i got home last night, ripped the wrapper off the new version of football manager and put the disc into the computer.
I couldn't wait to get started in my new managerial career.
I waited for steam to load up, but wait, what is this, Steam was asking if i'd like to work in offline mode. Of course not, i want to play this game. So i give it a little time, thinking my impatient behaviour has led to me being a bit premature at getting the game to install. Wouldn't be the first time i've been to quick for something.
Anyway, after patiently waiting a couple of minutes, i then hit the retry connection button, but nothing still. I scream at the computer, "Just let me play the fucking game" and then check the router.
POWER- check
Ethernet - check
Wireless - check
Broadband - check
Internet - Awwwwww for fucks sake.

So i try turning my router off and back on, try taking the leads out, try reseting the box all to no avail.
I then dig out the instalation stuff for the interent and not before long im on the phone and speaking to a technical assistant from o2 called Paul. Paul gets me to try this and try that, but everything we tried just didn't seem to work, i spoke to Paul for a good 2 hrs, and just when i felt there was a connection, not with Paul, but with the internet, there was nothing, it was just the broadband light glowing into where the internet light should be.
I think Paul by this time had had enough of me revealing the magician's secret's, mission achieved, his love for Dynamo was no more.
Paul decided we should go to the 2nd stage. This got me excitied, but i soon learnt that Paul meant a different and more technical department.

So 2nd stage it was. By this time it was 8.30pm and i'd been trying since 6pm. 2 and a half hrs to try and get on the internet, bring back dial up i thought, or even the Spectrum 48k with the rubber keys. Mike at 2nd stage, didn't quite manage to fufill my needs, he tried a few different things for another 45 minutes, and to no avail, Mike said he would need to get in touch with BT to check the line.

I eventually got off the phone at around 9.20pm, the battery of the phone was nearly dead, the phone was warm from where my ear had been and my ear itself felt like it was glowing like an ember floating into the night sky. I turned off the computer and walked away from my home station and decided to admit defeat, i took one glance back to see FM12 sat there looking up at me, and then i thought, i bet those wankers on bluemoon will laugh at this in the morning.

:( GUTTED!

My friend did you try turning your router off for 1hr? Mine did this, I'm on SKY broadband and you have a little @ sign that should glow green but it was glowing amber ndd no matter what I did it wouldn't fuckin work so I turned the router off for about 1hr-1hr 30mins and hey presto it worked even though SKY said we probably had a dodgy power supply......<br /><br />-- Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:23 am --<br /><br />
JoeMercer'sWay said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Lol, I leave them to it, I buy who I want straight off and then use rotation, but for big games use guys I trust.

Worked a treat on 11 as Balotelli got a run due to injuries in the spring and he got 17 goals in 12 games.

-- Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:44 am --

some of the valuations I've been handed:

Gotze-£77m.
Muller-£76m.
Damiao-£82.5m.
Lucas-£56m.
Eardley-£10.5m(playing as Geordies).
Hamsik-£38.5m.

It's ludicrous!

Are those prices on FM 12??? I always found the values strange on FM11 Tevez *spits on floor* is worth the same amount as Carrick on FM11....... its like WTF!?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.