Football Manager 2012 - Official Thread - Demo Out Now

Re: Football Manager 2012 - Official Thread - Demo Out Now!!!!

Struggling to start a game in which I can really get stuck into.

Anyone any suggestions on teams etc?

Still not been able to transfer my Valencia game over from the demo to the real thing. Doesnt appear to be an option on the start up screen.

Richard said:

Still not been able to transfer my Valencia game over from the demo to the real thing. Doesnt appear to be an option on the start up screen.

Go to your My Documents folder and in it is a folder called Sports Interactive. Inside this folder will be two folders. One called Football Manager 2012, one called Football Manager 2012 Demo. Inside the demo folder, go to the games folder and your save game will be in there.

Right click on this file and click copy.

Now go to the other folder (Football Manager 2012), go into games folder and right click then hit paste.

Your Valencia game should be able to be loaded up now.

Richard said:

I was struggling so I started unemployed and now I'm in Norway with a few games left to stop this side getting relegating, if I fail that I'll stick around and focus on bringing together a young squad.

Always play the 1st game as City and then i will start one with Bury. Might even start 1 and manage both teams as it will help Bury get loanees.<br /><br />-- Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:34 pm --<br /><br />Going to install some graphics when they come available. Should be up in a couple of days.

Couldn't resist, just beat United in the CS 2:0, we had 25 shots.

Just started with City, sold Tevez to Juve, Kolarov gone to Sunderland and got Bridge out on loan. Brought in Dongou and Rafinha from Barca and Sanogo from Auxerre. Going to get an experienced defender to rotate with Lescott and Savic because im going to put Boyata in next season so dont wanna splash out £20m on a centre back.
Getting Kovacic next summer for £3.5m. Shaqiri is a possibility aswell even though i dont play with wingers i need a right winger just incase i run out of centre mids so i can play 4-3-3.
Beat Lens 4-0 and hamburg 4-0 so far in 2 friendlies.
My current team is:
Hart
Micah
Kompany
Savic
Clichy
De Jong(anchor man)
Yaya(cm)
Silva(playmaker)
Nasri/Aguero(attacking mid)
Aguero/Dzeko(deep lying forward)
Balo/Dzeko(advanced forward)

Thinking about getting this. I havnt played football manager in a long long time 5 years. Used to love it back then is it worth the money compared to other years and has it got better.

Only have a laptop now so it will be the first game I buy a game for it if I get it seemed a great game on the pc back then to fill in the odd hour or two when there is nothing but shit on the tv.

Seems to have gone quiet on the fm12 front so i'll update on my 1st season.

Won the league by 4 points in the end but in the last 5 or 6 games i played the reserves because i had a champs league semi final against Barca. Also managed to stay unbeaten through the season in the league.
I beat Barca at home 1-0 and went to the Nou camp and lost 1-0. Villa got sent off for violent conduct on Micah and the game went to extra time. With less than 10 mins to go up popped Kun to win it for me 2-1 on agg.
Bayern stuffed Real 3-0 at home and lost 2-0 away so i got them in the final. Got off to an awful start going 2-0 down in 10 mins. However i managed to recover well and take the lead 3-2 just after half time. Not long after i took the lead Robben popped up with an equaliser. The game went to extra time and i thought it would end up being a penalty shootout but Peterson scored in the 121st minute to win the game for Munich. Gutted is not the word. Still a brilliant 1st season and can push on next year. Got rid of Barry, RSC, Ade, Bridge and MJ(on loan to Bury) and going to get rid of Lescott if anyone will take him.
Brought in around 7 free transfers, they are all youngish players who will have decent sell on value come January.
The best buy i made was Maxwell. Brought him in on loan for the season and he filled in very well for Gael when he was injured/suspended. Wanted him back for another year on permanent deal but he wanted a ridiculous wage so going to get him on loan again if i can. Got Chantome on loan aswell from PSG and if you are a good side and need a good cm/am get him in. Very good and scored a few aswell even though he only got a handful of games.

Only got it on Monday. Started at Athletic Bilbao, always a fun save. Gives you the chance to properly focus on developing youth players - you don't really get the chance to do that at any other club, as you can buy the best talent if you've got the money. I'm only allowed Basque players, so alls I can really sign are 16 year old Spanish prospects. They've already got a brilliant first 11 though, just a shame the back up is a bit weak. Anyway, I find myself 2nd in the league at the start of November, won 8 games, drawn 1 and lost none. Top of my Europa league group, 3 wins and a draw. Really surprised how well I'm doing. Llorente and Muniain up front is unstoppable and the partnership of Ander and Javi Martinez in centre midfield is incredible. Ekiza and San Jose have formed a sterling partnership as well at the back. Playing a basic 4-2-2-2/4-4-2 with the wingers pushed up. I'm creating at least 3-6 clear cut chances a game.

Anyone struggling to find a game, give them a go. I'm hoping to form a Champions League/La Liga winning team with them. Muniain, Javi Martinez, Ander, Ekiza, San Jose, Aurtenetxe, Susaeta, De Marcos are all 23 or younger as well, and they're first team players. They'll all be incredible within about 3 seasons.

I started a game there with Ireland always a good way to up your reputition instead of doing it the hard way. A few games and your reputition goes high I am now contential after getting Ireland to the play offs. So its a easier way to get into a big league and a decent club. Also trying to get used to the game again its a easy way to ease yourself back into the game.

I havnt done any major tatics keeping it retro at the moment with a 4-4-2 but will soon sort that out once I get my head around the game and fully into it. Best player for me is Pilkington from Norwich and McGeady he is banging them in. Jeff Henderick off Derby seems to be a talented player on the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.