Football Manager 2012 - Official Thread - Demo Out Now

Re: Football Manager 2012 - Official Thread - Demo Out Now!!!!

Jay Division said:
pee dubya said:
Signed Monreal and Azpilicueta for next season, left-back was the weakest spot, and Iraola is 30. Was tempted to sign Aduriz (900k) and Almunia (free) as cheap and experienced back-up, but both wanted first-team football and fairly large wages.

Can't be long until Bilbao become the richest club in the World (outside of those owned by Billionaires i suppose).

Profit of £26.4 million last season, without the Champions League money we'll get this season.

Given out a few improved contracts, but also shedded some senior players and replaced with youngsters.
Remember after my 2nd season they were in the top 10 riches clubs. Just a shame I can't spend it on anything. I have 38 million to spend but there is no one worth buying. Plus all my facilities are as good as they can possibly be.

Into March in my third season, if there's hardly any decent young talent coming through I might be tempted to start a new save else where. I only have about 3 really good prospects, the rest will just develop into really average bog standard players.
Yeah, i might start a game with Napoli, maybe just add a new manager rather than start a whole new game, had an epic FM10 game with them, ended up basically as the Italian national team playing in Serie A after about 8 or 9 seasons. Play both at the same time just so i can satisfy my urge to splurge cash.

pee dubya said:
Jay Division said:
pee dubya said:
Signed Monreal and Azpilicueta for next season, left-back was the weakest spot, and Iraola is 30. Was tempted to sign Aduriz (900k) and Almunia (free) as cheap and experienced back-up, but both wanted first-team football and fairly large wages.

Can't be long until Bilbao become the richest club in the World (outside of those owned by Billionaires i suppose).

Profit of £26.4 million last season, without the Champions League money we'll get this season.

Given out a few improved contracts, but also shedded some senior players and replaced with youngsters.
Remember after my 2nd season they were in the top 10 riches clubs. Just a shame I can't spend it on anything. I have 38 million to spend but there is no one worth buying. Plus all my facilities are as good as they can possibly be.

Into March in my third season, if there's hardly any decent young talent coming through I might be tempted to start a new save else where. I only have about 3 really good prospects, the rest will just develop into really average bog standard players.
Yeah, i might start a game with Napoli, maybe just add a new manager rather than start a whole new game, had an epic FM10 game with them, ended up basically as the Italian national team playing in Serie A after about 8 or 9 seasons. Play both at the same time just so i can satisfy my urge to splurge cash.
Never tried a save with Napoli, but I'm certain they'll be brilliant on this version. Cavani looks unreal. I'm tempted to go back to Twente who I did 7 seasons with on FM11, ended up winning the league, CL and dutch cup treble with them. Might give PSGs millions whirl as well.

27 games into my third season, unbeaten. Not totally sure why I'm above Real as I have a much worse GD.

<a class="postlink" href="http://i44.tinypic.com/5yagcj.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i44.tinypic.com/5yagcj.png</a>

I'm going all out for the league, even if it means an early exit to the CL. Already into the final of the Spanish cup again.... against Barca.

In Spain I think it goes off the head to head against the sides, thats why your top

Ended up doing an Arsenal, can't quite believe it.

<a class="postlink" href="http://i42.tinypic.com/6i5u9s.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i42.tinypic.com/6i5u9s.png</a>

Had an embarrassing CL exit to Lyon in the semi's though, just after I'd beaten Real in the quarters. Lost 5-1 on agg and I couldn't get near them, whereas I was tearing up trees in La Liga. Barca or Real didn't take a point off me all season, apart from the draw at the Nou Camp. Lost the Spanish cup to Barca, in a game which I dominated. They beat me 2-0 and had 4 shots ALL game, the two goals being the shots on target. To be fair, Thiago scored an absolute beaut, and the other was poor defending from a corner. I had 3 clear cut chances and didn't take any. Bit disappointing, but I can't grumble at winning the La Liga!

One gripe I have. Athletic have the best youth facilities, best youth recruitment and junior coaching, I have some of the best scouts and youth coaches, yet I can't produce one good youngster! None of the other clubs have really produced any good young Spaniards that I can poach either. I've got 44.5 million to spend, and nothing to spend it on >:(.

End of third season, Athletic are the 9th richest club in the world!

Still at Juve last game of Champion league group against City at home a draw got into the Europa league in the group of death. League doing great still top leading from the start 6 points clear of AC and Inter. My big money signing is a bit of a flop but picked up some cheap signings that are working out well Aaron Lennon for £2 million has been great since he has come to the club. Bought some Russian lad a striker and he is doing well for a 18 year old 14 games and 8 goals so far. Could move him to the wing as his crossing is 20 and set pieces are 18 and decent speed for a young player. The decisions a top manager has to make it gets harder and harder as the game goes on.

Ive got a problem to solve, i want to offer abdul razak a new deal but he cant get a work permit. Does he have to play a certain amount of times for the first team or for his country?

Maybe send him out on loan where he'll get a few games under his belt? Not 100% sure.

That Jimenez guy I told you about, who kept scoring for fun but had average attributes... Well, he's still got average attributes, but he's keeping Llorente out the first team in my fourth season. 10 goals in 11 appearances. His value is now 6 million, only 18 years old! I don't get it. I need genie scout to come out so I can see his actual potential. Its bugging me slightly ha.

In my 3rd season as Anji manager in Russia. Finished 4th after taking them over mid table, mid season, then 3rd, now in 2nd place. Flunked out of Europa League in first two seasons in two groups of death. CSKA are the dominant force here.

Bought Adam Johnson, who I play LW and he is creating so many chances. Samuel Eto'o has just scored his 66th Anji goal to become the club's all-time leading scorer. Looking to overthrow CSKA's domination but it will take a couple of more seasons yet!

Surprisingly, you don't get a big budget which makes it more of a challenge and you have to have 6 Russian players on the field at all times in domestic competition.

am struggling to keep droyslden in the blue square premier, really in need of a good goalkeeper because kevin pilkington is 38 and seems to be unable to dive to save a shot!! am scoring goals but just letting to many in, gets bloody frustrating!!

Who sets a Italian Cup semi final on the same night as a international game? Had to put out my Under 20s team in this got beaten 3-1 away in the first leg all my internationals were off on duty. Does your head right in. Looking at doing the double but if might be a big ask now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.