Football Manager 2012 - Official Thread - Demo Out Now

Football Manager 2012 - Official Thread - Demo Out Now!!!!

Played FM for years but for some reason can not get into this game. Something about it atm that I don't like and don't find playing it any fun so only played about 2 hours so far. FM11 was something like 7 days playing time.

Re: Football Manager 2012 - Official Thread - Demo Out Now!!!!

I decided to start a season as the Arsenal manager. I'm going to make it my duty to get them back up there amongst the big guns.

I have set my ambition to win the league as I truly believe I can, I got 48 million to spend which I was very happy about. I was thinking to myself I need to find some class players who don't cost stupid amounts like 35 mil. I replaced Nasri with Esteban Granero for 15 million. Absolute steal as when played as the AM he is ruthless, I signed Iker Munain for 20 million, he has gone straight into the starting line up but one for the future aswell. And I signed Jan Vertonghen for 7.5 mill and he's partnering his countryman Vermaelon.

I have encounted one problem though. Every single game my players condition is like 50%? Yes I have played qualifiers midweek and games at weekend but I have with other teams but they just seem fucked? I was 3-1 up against united and lost 4-3 in the last 5 mins because they were all fit.

Stillsy said:
I decided to start a season as the Arsenal manager. I'm going to make it my duty to get them back up there amongst the big guns.

I have set my ambition to win the league as I truly believe I can, I got 48 million to spend which I was very happy about. I was thinking to myself I need to find some class players who don't cost stupid amounts like 35 mil. I replaced Nasri with Esteban Granero for 15 million. Absolute steal as when played as the AM he is ruthless, I signed Iker Munain for 20 million, he has gone straight into the starting line up but one for the future aswell. And I signed Jan Vertonghen for 7.5 mill and he's partnering his countryman Vermaelon.

I have encounted one problem though. Every single game my players condition is like 50%? Yes I have played qualifiers midweek and games at weekend but I have with other teams but they just seem fucked? I was 3-1 up against united and lost 4-3 in the last 5 mins because they were all fit.

Check the training schedule and rotate your players or at least think about bringing subs on around the 60 minute mark if you are 2 up.

BimboBob said:
Stillsy said:

Check the training schedule and rotate your players or at least think about bringing subs on around the 60 minute mark if you are 2 up.

I always bring subs on mate, i watch the game from the 'stats' page so i can monitor the fitness, it must be something to do with the training because they are truly fucked all the time

Just started a game with Borussia Monchengladbach, used to live there as a child. Should be interesting as they have a lot of very good young prospects, Marc-Andre ter Stegen the GK and Marcos Reus the AM are the obvious standout candidates for the best young prospect award at the club however they have a lot more than that, they don't appear to be that good in real life (in previous years anyway, things are looking up now) and have actually only just returned to the Bundesliga recently.

Group of Death in the champions league with Juve only 3rd seeds. I got Real Madrid and Man City and Sparta Prague. Drew my home game with Prague and got trashed by City and Madrid away and at Home got beaten by Madrid to a last minute peno the bastards has let me down big time in the champions league. But in Serie A we are top of the league played 10 won 9 lost 1.

Im just coming towards the end of my 3rd season with Everton and am using my own 4-2-3-1 formation.

Although things have been successful so far ;

(1st season 8th and won FA Cup)
(2nd season 6th and won League cup)
(Current season 6th with 7 games to go and not far off 4th)

I can't seem to get my 2 central midfielders Rodwell and Barkley to get consistent decent ratings (over 7) the rest of my main first 11 finish season with average ratings over 7 and im at a loss as to why possibly my best 2 players can't get them any help or thoughts would be welcome :)

P.S Wish Kenwright would fuck off he is as tight as a ducks chuff.

anthonydunn87 said:
Im just coming towards the end of my 3rd season with Everton and am using my own 4-2-3-1 formation.

Although things have been successful so far ;

(1st season 8th and won FA Cup)
(2nd season 6th and won League cup)
(Current season 6th with 7 games to go and not far off 4th)

I can't seem to get my 2 central midfielders Rodwell and Barkley to get consistent decent ratings (over 7) the rest of my main first 11 finish season with average ratings over 7 and im at a loss as to why possibly my best 2 players can't get them any help or thoughts would be welcome :)

P.S Wish Kenwright would fuck off he is as tight as a ducks chuff.
Might be what role you're playing them in? I've got a 4231 formation with my Athletic save at the mo and have the 2 CMs as ball winning midfielder and deep lying playmaker, both supporting. I'd also suggest playing quite a high line with that formation as well, as teams will find a lot of space in behind the midfield, and it could mean your CMs are just chasing shadows half the time. OR if you're already doing this... I don't have a clue ;).

I have Rodwell as a deep lying player(defend) and Barkley as a ball winning midfielder(support) both their preferred roles, i will try playing a higher line see if that wroks thanks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.