Football Manager 2012 - Official Thread - Demo Out Now

Re: Football Manager 2012 - Official Thread - Demo Out Now!!!!

ManCityTom said:
josh_spurs said:
Just a few Q's from a 14 year old getting this game...

1. I'm from Northern Ireland, is the Irish Premier league (Linfield,Glentoran) in it?
2 I have a laptop, after I download steam will I need anything else or is it just a case of put in and play?

In answer to your question 1 Yes the Irish league is on it!

And question 2 just create a steam account and away you go

Thank you very much!:D I'm getting it for Christmas and once I get it my social life ends.
Does it take much getting used to?

Edit: Champions League with Linfield sounds do-able ;)

Also what's all this about packs? I'm the type of guy that just wants to put in and play, I know about steam but it all seems a bit confusing!

Into 2016 now and still running Europe. Starting to turn a profit also every few months if i have CL games etc. Just waiting for Yaya etc to leave and the young guns can be fully promoted.

Aguero has broken Eric Brook's record :D and Devante Cole is set to break it again considering his age and how many hes scored already.

Kompany and Boyata are bossing the defence, 21 clean sheet and 23 goals/assists between them, Boyata for some reason even without special tactics scores nearly every corner.

Phil Beckenbauer i signed just because he was free and MY WORD what a player, not as good as he is in real life but who is?

CTID101 said:
Boyata for some reason even without special tactics scores nearly every corner.

i found that if i bang my corners to the back post then i always have a few chances at goal during a match. got kolarov on a free in me droylsden save have him taking corners to the back post and me 2 centre halfs who are only heading 13 and 15 chip in with rather a few goals.

bammy blue said:
CTID101 said:
Boyata for some reason even without special tactics scores nearly every corner.

i found that if i bang my corners to the back post then i always have a few chances at goal during a match. got kolarov on a free in me droylsden save have him taking corners to the back post and me 2 centre halfs who are only heading 13 and 15 chip in with rather a few goals.
I dont have them setup at all though :/

I have Milner and Silva taking them and he just seems to score all the time. Kompany does the same. Lescott never scored nor did Kolo.

Started a game as Boro, they've got some good kids in their side with about 4 home grown showing 4.5 stars in Championship, will probably drop ratings in PL.

Bought an argie 23 yr old striker from Boca for 150k (Pablo Mouche), some scottish AM for 100k (will sell him i think) along with 3 freebies and in January, Kapetanos - Greek International for 1.8m and Addison from Derby 600k. Sold Bailey, Kink, Arraman plus another - finished the season with same amount in transfer kitty as i started - £1m.

Finished 1st in Championship with 97 points, Scott MacDonald getting 30 goals in 30 starts - Roma looking at him so hoping for a bid as he won't cut it in the PL and I want to buy Danny Graham as No. 2 targetman as Swansea got relegated.

Amazingly enough I've got a £20m transfer budget for my 1st season in the PL :DDDD but not much wage budget so will need to adjust so I won't actually have £20m :(

Desperately looking for who I can offload to get in some PL quality as I only have about 5-6 players I'm confident on to do a job in the PL for the 1st team although have some decent prospects. Manuele Blasi and Brocchi are both available as end of contract on a free so going for them I think. Looking at Barton also as QPR got relegated and he's class in FM apart from getting bookings. Almost signed Adriano but couldn't afford his wages, now that would have been a giggle.

Going to go with 4-1-3-2 with only 1 flair midfielder, 3 tough tacklers and a target man + poacher and kick the crap out of everyone I play against. It won't be pretty but I'm fairly sure I'll stay up. I'll have 4-3-1-2 as backup with a decent AM but won't be playing that often I think ;)

i got beat 4 - 0 at everton.. then my electric tripped and it wasnt saved thank fuck hahaha

How does the match time go, I seen on YouTube it seems to be an actual 90 min game, I take it you can fast forward?

josh_spurs said:
How does the match time go, I seen on YouTube it seems to be an actual 90 min game, I take it you can fast forward?
You can choose how long you want it to run for.
On 2011 i just had the highlights. which was more enjoyable persoanlly
(Cant wait for 2012 this christmas haha)

josh_spurs said:
The match speed is changeable and you can also choose to view full game, extended highlights or just key incidents. At max fast forward it will still take a minute or so to play through a game with key incidents only set.

The game pauses for injuries & sendings off but at max speed (on key incidents) you won't have time to adjust tactics or deal with minor injuries with a sub and you can be 3-0 down in 15 seconds.

I run it about 66% of max speed with key incidents and each game takes 3-4 minutes I'd say. Quite often, if I have a run of easy games I'll save and let the assistant manager do it automatically for a few weeks - that speeds up the season a lot.

On getting an Irish team to the CL I think you'll need the patience of a saint or cheat like mad. You won't be able to attract the top players due to the standard of the league (and stature of the club) for game years and you'll probably never get CL quality players to come. If you want a challenge but to start with a decent stadium I'd recommend Darlington in Blue Square (25k all seater stadium) and try to get them to european glory.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.