Football Manager 2012 - Official Thread - Demo Out Now

Re: Football Manager 2012 - Official Thread - Demo Out Now!!!!

bluemoondays said:
josh_spurs said:
How does the match time go, I seen on YouTube it seems to be an actual 90 min game, I take it you can fast forward?
The match speed is changeable and you can also choose to view full game, extended highlights or just key incidents. At max fast forward it will still take a minute or so to play through a game with key incidents only set.

The game pauses for injuries & sendings off but at max speed (on key incidents) you won't have time to adjust tactics or deal with minor injuries with a sub and you can be 3-0 down in 15 seconds.

I run it about 66% of max speed with key incidents and each game takes 3-4 minutes I'd say. Quite often, if I have a run of easy games I'll save and let the assistant manager do it automatically for a few weeks - that speeds up the season a lot.

On getting an Irish team to the CL I think you'll need the patience of a saint or cheat like
mad. You won't be able to attract the top players due to the standard of the league (and stature of the club) for game years and you'll probably never get CL quality players to come. If you want a challenge but to start with a decent stadium I'd recommend Darlington in Blue Square (25k all seater stadium) and try to get them to european glory.....

Cheers, I will probably start with Linfield just because they are in Football Manager haha, I might try and dominate that league for a while, they have good funding as IFA pay them for use of ground, and also get CL qualifiers if they win league, so I'll try and have a pop at the CL Qualifiers, set my side up defensively away etc. I'm not going to win it, or cheat just get my rep up etc.

What's this about packs? Will I need to download any? :)

You can downlaod special skins for the game to alter how it looks and player packs for some nations that get arsey about using their players (only the german national team springs to mind). You don't need them to play the game.

You do need the patches for updates and bug fixes but as it's on steam that will happen automatically.

haha mk dons stadium is falling apart, the health and safety keep on shutting bits down and the condition is down to very poor already!

doing fantastic with the droylsden save now, in fourth place in league one with 2 games left, signed a 32 year old kenwyne jones on a free transfer and the team went crazy with him leading the attack scoring goals for fun. think if i would of got him earlier on then i could of made a late push for the automatic promotion spots! not doing bad considering i started out as a sunday league footballer with no reputation.

Just made two January signings and currently in talks with Arsenal for Wilshere who is wanting to leave, should be in the region of £5-8M.
teammb.png

Blue Smarties said:
Just made two January signings and currently in talks with Arsenal for Wilshere who is wanting to leave, should be in the region of £5-8M.
teammb.png

Opposition's left winger will have a field day against that formation.

RandomJ said:
Blue Smarties said:
teammb.png

Opposition's left winger will have a field day against that formation.
Changed it anyway.

teammm.png

lol

4-4-2 is the way I go.

I got turned down by City again and Alan poxy Shearer got the job ahead of me. Then Arsenal asked me to take over told them to fuck off and stayed on at Valencia. Won 5 out of 6 in the Champions league group with Ac Milan and Shaktar in the same group. Got beaten by Dinamo.

Think I will scrap this at the end of this season and start a new game up to season 2020 now.

Too many playmakers in that team Smarties!

In Dec 2015 with my Athletic Bilbao save now. Won the CL in the season just gone. My last CL group game against BATE and my kids are currently 3-0 up against them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.