Football Manager 2012 - Official Thread - Demo Out Now

Re: Football Manager 2012 - Official Thread - Demo Out Now!!!!

Bought it last week, just need to find a new laptop so i can play it as my pc is broke.

I'm doing well in the league but there is still something I am a little bit annoyed about. I've been 3-0 up at half time in a few games, yet in the second half we've not played as well not added to the three goal lead. I'm guessing this is due to my team talk at half time. I'm just wondering what team talk everyone else uses when in a similar position?

Apart from that, I'm quite happy. I'm top of the league, and haven't lost a game, and I've won two games out of three in my CL group (the defeat was away to Real Madrid). I only made two signings, Hummels from Dortmund and Iker Muniain from Bilbao (I was debating between him and Cavani). Sold Tevez for £20m.

Steam is absolute fucking GARBAGE. Just tried loading my game up only to get the following error message:

"Steam needs to be online to update" before it shut itself down. Tried it a million and one ways with no joy. Googled it and had to delete a folder from my registry. I've now lost all the games I had saved and have to reinstall the game.

Fuck Steam and fuck SI Games. I won't be buying it next year.

Can you play a season with your mates on a online network, does anyone know?

SS117 said:

16.2. Network Play

Network play allows the user to play Football Manager™ 2012 against other humans over either a local area network or the internet. You can either be the host of such a saved game, or merely join a saved game hosted by another user.

To start a network game as the host, create a new saved game as has been described in this manual. Make sure the ‘Run as Server’ box is ticked in the ‘Preferences’ – this will allow other users to join your saved game. Once the game has been set up and you have chosen a team to manage, you are in a position to host a network game. From the ‘’FM’ menu, go to the ‘Game Status’ screen and note the ‘Server IP Address’. You will need to provide this to anyone you intend to allow into your network game.

If you are joining a network game, all you need is the IP address from the host. From the Main Menu, select ‘Join Network Game’ and then select a server. If no servers exist or the server you wish to join isn’t there, enter the IP address from the ‘Join Other Server’ option. You should join/re-join the network saved game.

RMancini said:
SS117 said:

16.2. Network Play

Network play allows the user to play Football Manager™ 2012 against other humans over either a local area network or the internet. You can either be the host of such a saved game, or merely join a saved game hosted by another user.

To start a network game as the host, create a new saved game as has been described in this manual. Make sure the ‘Run as Server’ box is ticked in the ‘Preferences’ – this will allow other users to join your saved game. Once the game has been set up and you have chosen a team to manage, you are in a position to host a network game. From the ‘’FM’ menu, go to the ‘Game Status’ screen and note the ‘Server IP Address’. You will need to provide this to anyone you intend to allow into your network game.

If you are joining a network game, all you need is the IP address from the host. From the Main Menu, select ‘Join Network Game’ and then select a server. If no servers exist or the server you wish to join isn’t there, enter the IP address from the ‘Join Other Server’ option. You should join/re-join the network saved game.
Cheers Bobby, you legend.

Going to start a network game this week with my 2 boys. We drew lower PL teams out of the hat, I got WBA, eldest got QPR and youngest got Wolves -think I got the best of the deal :-) Tactics I think are going to be bog standard 4-4-2 with a diamond 4-4-2 for attacking and probably 4-1-4-1 for defensive setup.

Any good hints/buys for 1st season transfer window as WBA. The squad doesn't look too bad and I've got about £8m I think. Planning on selling Jerome and a crap AM to raise about £4m (just got that on the demo so crossing fingers I can get that on the full game), I may get a little more as a couple of their reserves are wanted also. This give me around £12m (maybe up to £15m) for a keeper, decent AM/MC(A), LW (prefer LM) and maybe a striker.

bluemoondays said:
Going to start a network game this week with my 2 boys. We drew lower PL teams out of the hat, I got WBA, eldest got QPR and youngest got Wolves -think I got the best of the deal :-) Tactics I think are going to be bog standard 4-4-2 with a diamond 4-4-2 for attacking and probably 4-1-4-1 for defensive setup.

Any good hints/buys for 1st season transfer window as WBA. The squad doesn't look too bad and I've got about £8m I think. Planning on selling Jerome and a crap AM to raise about £4m (just got that on the demo so crossing fingers I can get that on the full game), I may get a little more as a couple of their reserves are wanted also. This give me around £12m (maybe up to £15m) for a keeper, decent AM/MC(A), LW (prefer LM) and maybe a striker.

West Brom strike force is really good for the teams down the bottom. As for players to bring in depends what other leagues you have opened. Try and get in someone Keith Fahey from Birmingham might be a bit pricey but will be a good addition with the Brom squad you have some great options in midfield with Dorrans and Brunt. I think you fixed it to get the Baggies and its a case of showing the lads that the old man still knows his football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.