Football Manager 2012 - Official Thread - Demo Out Now

Re: Football Manager 2012 - Official Thread - Demo Out Now!!!!

welcometomanchester said:
City have ruined the game for me!!i can't stand not winning. I need a new challenge what do people recommend? What's this maine road team? Where can I download the extra leagues?

Check the si forums and the extra leagues should be on there to download. I used it once on 11 and played as Atherton LR who i used to play for but couldnt get into the game as it would have taken me so long to get into the football league nevermind the prem.
Have a go with Bury, good challenge as you have to avoid the drop in the first season and with them being a very small club with hardly any fanbase you have to virtually live off loans and frees until you get to the prem, even then you will be lucky to get £10m to spend.

Anyone else notice that Soccer Am have their own club? Got all the guys from the show on there too! This lucky lad managed to pull off one of the greatest signings of all time...

PeterMortonNews_Inbox-2.png

Had abosoutely no squad for my fa cup game against Torquay and got beat 1-0, then i go out and stuff Chelsea 4-1 at the bridge. My 1st team is amazing but my back ups are so inexperienced its untrue. Brought Anderson and Babacar in on loan but could do with 3 or 4 more experienced players but no-one available. Tried getting Coentrao but he went Bremen.

Big Blue Swede said:
Had a Uni mate of mine challenge me to the 'Pentagon' where you start out as a Sunday leage rep and unemployed. Aim is to win all 5 Champions Leagues from the 5 different playable continents. Also we have said that you can't manage in any of the big 5 leagues in Europe to make it harder.

Now, I consider myself as a Footy Manager freak and I have to say that this has been one of the most enjoyable saves I've had on any version and I recommend everyone to try it.

So far ive been quite fortunate really as I managed to get Toronto in 2012 so my rep got a boost after winning the MLS and a Canadian Cup. Took control of Canada U23's but failed to get them in the Olympics. Went to Lybia (who were dog shit) and then to Peru in 2013. Quit Toronto after I got frustrated with the MLS' rules and concentrated on Peru. Nigeria wanted me at the end of 2013 so I duly abliged to take them on.

Then came the best experience on an FM game I have ever had as I managed to win the world cup with Nigeria in 2014 knocking hosts Brazil out in the Semi Finals on penalties and then smashing Germany in the final after a 90th minute winner from Dickson Etuhu!!

Got the Botafogo job at the end of 2014 but by the time I set the team up the way I wanted it, Sao Paulo wanted me! Won the Copa Libradores on the first time of asking (penalties again, nearly had a heart attack!!), quit the post and concentrated on the ACON. Went out in the Quarters after a shit display against Senegal so I quit there.

Took the Kaiser Cheifs job, two seasons there and I managed to win the ACL at the end of 2016. Took the Argentina job too while I was there! Then mid 2017, Chivas of Mexico wanted me. Took the job and to my amazement were in the NACL semi final! Smashed Houston and then Monterry to win that and literally quit after only a month in charge.

Argentina turned out wank and lost in the Semi finals against England of the 2018 World Cup (lucky to get to that stage if I'm honest). End of the tournament I picked up Brazil and Benfica all in the same month and that is where I am now! Gunning for the Euro CL which should take me a few years.

Anyway, you'll be glad to know its 3-0 to me on CL's even if he is still only in 2014. Like I said, magical save and I urge you all to give it a go!
Sounds like fun, only did a challenge properly once, but if you get into it they are brillliant. Might have a go, I take it the 5th big league in Europe is French?

pee dubya said:
Sounds like fun, only did a challenge properly once, but if you get into it they are brillliant. Might have a go, I take it the 5th big league in Europe is French?

Yeah; England, Spain, Italy, Germany, France

Like I said you don't have to do it that way, just prolongs the challenge as you'll have to win it with a Portuguese/Russian/Dutch team

Downloaded an expansion pack down to Level 10 last night, basically my game now goes:
Premier League
Championship
League One
League Two
Conference
Conference North
Evo-Stik Premier
Evo-Stik Division 1
North West Counties Premier Division
North West Counties Division 1

And those are just the North West divisions, it goes across the whole country. Then spent about 2 hours editing my local team, Winsford United, so that they are up to date with the correct squad, backroom staff and the facilities were up to date. Finally started the game at about midnight and was on it for about 3 hours! It's fantastic, the players are all absolute garbage but signing more is so easy, some teams are amateur so you can just offer a contract to any of their players or there are loads of free agents out there who will join on a contract of about £20 a week, I have one young centre-back on a fiver a week. I have no transfer budget and a wage budget of £325. Winsford are in the North West Counties Premier and we've been set a target of promotion, only one team go up so we need to win the league... This is going to be so much fun.

Fuming doesnt even begin to cover it!

Started a brand new season with City and got rid of Tevez and shipped the shit out on loan and brought in 3 players.

Samba
Hoilett
De Rossi

I threw the f.a cup away to wigan because i couldnt cope with all the games and was into the league cup semi final at the time too.... against united. In the end i got knocked out in the semis against them but was through to the knockout of the champs league.

I beat villereal in the last 16 1-0 on aggregate, then beat real madrid 7-1 on aggregate and then beat barcelona 3-2 on aggregate and had united in the final.... last game of the season and united me and spurs are on 82 points each.... i end up coming third by goal difference. Next minute im fired before the champs league final. What a joke! Got offered the Sunderland job right away but rejected it and took charge of the Great Britain under 23's for the olympics.

In 2017 now with City. Brought through a few lads from the Academy, Devante Cole being the standout player and now plays for England and my main striker behind Dzeko and Aguero.

My team is;

----Cole---Aguero--
----Silva---Messi----
--Vanzetto-Lambese--
Clichy--Jones-Kompany-Richards/Boyata
------------Hart----------------------

I have some top talent coming through and on my bench. Will post up screenshots of the best later on.

My 2nd save is Oldham, got them promoted to Championship and 12 games in i am 2nd in the league. Struggling to score goals but not losing.

In 2017 with Athletic Bilbao (5 and a half seasons). Won 3 Liga BBVA's, 4 Spanish Cups, 1 Europa League, 1 Champions League and 1 Club World Cup. Getting pretty bored though. I have some of the best youngsters in the game, and key players like Muniain, Ekiza, San Jose, Martinez, Herrera etc are all in their prime and unplayable at times. Its become fairly easy apart from the Champions League. Seem to coast past Real and Barca whenever I meet them in the league, lost one league game all season last year and it was against Betis with a weakened side as I had a CL quarter against Liverpool 2 days later.

Tempted by that challenge on the previous page. Does it mean I can't have the English, Spanish, Italian, German and French leagues open? Which leagues would I have to have open?

Chilean team Fernandez Vial gave me my first job, first game of the season a narrow defeat away, second game of the season, currently losing 7-0 at half time...going to be a long season i think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.