Football Manager 2012 - Official Thread - Demo Out Now

Re: Football Manager 2012 - Official Thread - Demo Out Now!!!!

JozMan said:
niall_mcfc said:
Got Bury into the prem as champions winning league by over 15 points. Started bringing in more experienced players as my squad is very young. So far go Wilshere(free), Soldado(free), Bakary Kone(loan). My best player has just signed a new deal as well so will have him partnering Wilshere in midfield. Just need to bring in a old experienced keeper as back up and an experienced centre mid.
How many seasons did it take you to get them into the prem? Im also managering them sitting 13th half way into the season.

Finished 2nd in league 1 in my 1st season. Only 3 off top and way clear of 3rd. Spent 3 years in championship before running away with title. If i'd spent a lot of money i'd have probably done it in 2 seasons but i kept the budget tight and didnt want to risk anything.
If Soukouna is available get him, he class in lower leagues.

Had a Uni mate of mine challenge me to the 'Pentagon' where you start out as a Sunday leage rep and unemployed. Aim is to win all 5 Champions Leagues from the 5 different playable continents. Also we have said that you can't manage in any of the big 5 leagues in Europe to make it harder.

Now, I consider myself as a Footy Manager freak and I have to say that this has been one of the most enjoyable saves I've had on any version and I recommend everyone to try it.

So far ive been quite fortunate really as I managed to get Toronto in 2012 so my rep got a boost after winning the MLS and a Canadian Cup. Took control of Canada U23's but failed to get them in the Olympics. Went to Lybia (who were dog shit) and then to Peru in 2013. Quit Toronto after I got frustrated with the MLS' rules and concentrated on Peru. Nigeria wanted me at the end of 2013 so I duly abliged to take them on.

Then came the best experience on an FM game I have ever had as I managed to win the world cup with Nigeria in 2014 knocking hosts Brazil out in the Semi Finals on penalties and then smashing Germany in the final after a 90th minute winner from Dickson Etuhu!!

Got the Botafogo job at the end of 2014 but by the time I set the team up the way I wanted it, Sao Paulo wanted me! Won the Copa Libradores on the first time of asking (penalties again, nearly had a heart attack!!), quit the post and concentrated on the ACON. Went out in the Quarters after a shit display against Senegal so I quit there.

Took the Kaiser Cheifs job, two seasons there and I managed to win the ACL at the end of 2016. Took the Argentina job too while I was there! Then mid 2017, Chivas of Mexico wanted me. Took the job and to my amazement were in the NACL semi final! Smashed Houston and then Monterry to win that and literally quit after only a month in charge.

Argentina turned out wank and lost in the Semi finals against England of the 2018 World Cup (lucky to get to that stage if I'm honest). End of the tournament I picked up Brazil and Benfica all in the same month and that is where I am now! Gunning for the Euro CL which should take me a few years.

Anyway, you'll be glad to know its 3-0 to me on CL's even if he is still only in 2014. Like I said, magical save and I urge you all to give it a go!

Jay Division said:
bammy blue said:
are city shit in anybody else's save? i'm 8 years in and i think they have won the league twice and gone through 4-5 managers. i'm in april at the moment in my droylsden save and the blues are 7th in the league and just sacked sinisa mihajlovic only won 2 cups also.

on a personal level i'm doing fantastic with droylsden, 4th in the championship with 3 games left and 7 points clear of 7th place, abit worried about if i get through the play offs and promoted to the premiership that we will make a total arse of things. the new stadium aint ready yet and the butchers arms is only a 5,000 seater so gona be a mega lack of funds, if i get through to the play off final might have to throw it so we dont go up.................
I took Oldham into the Premiership on FM11, and I got 18 million transfer budget. It's worth going all out for it.

beat sunderland in the play off final, got a 5 million transfer budget for the premier league. am doing ok 17th in the league at the moment, will be delighted if i stay in that place or higher at the end of the season. the main positive is that i'm turning a profit of around 1.75 million a month and thats with out money for extra televised games. cant wait till my 20k stadium is ready can really start moving things on with an attempt at the top of the league then.

niall_mcfc said:
JozMan said:
niall_mcfc said:
Got Bury into the prem as champions winning league by over 15 points. Started bringing in more experienced players as my squad is very young. So far go Wilshere(free), Soldado(free), Bakary Kone(loan). My best player has just signed a new deal as well so will have him partnering Wilshere in midfield. Just need to bring in a old experienced keeper as back up and an experienced centre mid.
How many seasons did it take you to get them into the prem? Im also managering them sitting 13th half way into the season.

Finished 2nd in league 1 in my 1st season. Only 3 off top and way clear of 3rd. Spent 3 years in championship before running away with title. If i'd spent a lot of money i'd have probably done it in 2 seasons but i kept the budget tight and didnt want to risk anything.
I'm hoping for a late serge up the table and hope for a play off spot.

Big Blue Swede said:
Had a Uni mate of mine challenge me to the 'Pentagon' where you start out as a Sunday leage rep and unemployed. Aim is to win all 5 Champions Leagues from the 5 different playable continents. Also we have said that you can't manage in any of the big 5 leagues in Europe to make it harder.

Now, I consider myself as a Footy Manager freak and I have to say that this has been one of the most enjoyable saves I've had on any version and I recommend everyone to try it.

So far ive been quite fortunate really as I managed to get Toronto in 2012 so my rep got a boost after winning the MLS and a Canadian Cup. Took control of Canada U23's but failed to get them in the Olympics. Went to Lybia (who were dog shit) and then to Peru in 2013. Quit Toronto after I got frustrated with the MLS' rules and concentrated on Peru. Nigeria wanted me at the end of 2013 so I duly abliged to take them on.

Then came the best experience on an FM game I have ever had as I managed to win the world cup with Nigeria in 2014 knocking hosts Brazil out in the Semi Finals on penalties and then smashing Germany in the final after a 90th minute winner from Dickson Etuhu!!

Got the Botafogo job at the end of 2014 but by the time I set the team up the way I wanted it, Sao Paulo wanted me! Won the Copa Libradores on the first time of asking (penalties again, nearly had a heart attack!!), quit the post and concentrated on the ACON. Went out in the Quarters after a shit display against Senegal so I quit there.

Took the Kaiser Cheifs job, two seasons there and I managed to win the ACL at the end of 2016. Took the Argentina job too while I was there! Then mid 2017, Chivas of Mexico wanted me. Took the job and to my amazement were in the NACL semi final! Smashed Houston and then Monterry to win that and literally quit after only a month in charge.

Argentina turned out wank and lost in the Semi finals against England of the 2018 World Cup (lucky to get to that stage if I'm honest). End of the tournament I picked up Brazil and Benfica all in the same month and that is where I am now! Gunning for the Euro CL which should take me a few years.

Anyway, you'll be glad to know its 3-0 to me on CL's even if he is still only in 2014. Like I said, magical save and I urge you all to give it a go!

Fair play!

JozMan said:
niall_mcfc said:
JozMan said:

I'm hoping for a late serge up the table and hope for a play off spot.

Its a lot tougher this year with Bury because they are in league 1 with a poor squad. No Lowe and none of the players have been improved by the looks of it because Sweeney and Schuey should be a lot better than they are. Mark Hughes is their best player, Skarz is a decent left back but the rest of the squad are average.
You need to build a team that can compete in the championship because you will get no money at all when you get promoted unless you sell players for big money as the board will keep most of it.

Just stuffed Spuds 5-1 at whl. Did this without 3 of my best players, Wilshere, Banos and Fischer. Signed Barkley from Everton and he will join in January, also looking at Anderson and Gokhan Inler to add some experience to my midfield as they are available for around £500k and £2m. Need a striker as ive only got Perdomo and Acquafresa. Carroll and Belfodil are on loan but they arent good enough so going to cancel their loans and bring in someone. Hopefully sell Soldado and another 2 or 3 fringe players to free up some more money but got £11m to spend after Barkley transfer.
Beating the rags 1-0 at home at half time but would be surprised if i can hang on as ive got 6 players our injured and 5 would be starting.

Won 2-0 somehow. Didnt have much posession but used it well and my 2 centrebacks popped up with the goals. Going to struggle to field a team against Blackburn in 2 days time but im way above where i expected to be so a point would be a great result.

Football Manager 2012 - Official Thread - Demo Out Now!!!!

City have ruined the game for me!!i can't stand not winning. I need a new challenge what do people recommend? What's this maine road team? Where can I download the extra leagues?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.