Football Manager 2012 - Official Thread - Demo Out Now

markbmcfc said:
Take a national team job and try do both at the same time?
Currently managing England as well. In the middle of 2020 Euro qualifiers, 4 wins out of 4 so far. It seems to be a piece of piss. Only tough game I had was a friendly against Italy, which I drew 1-1.

Jay Division said:
End of my eight season at Athletic. I've done a Barcelona and won everything. Spanish Super Cup, Euro Super Cup, Club World Cup, La Liga, Spanish Cup and Champions League.

This guy is unbelievable.

9uvjp4.jpg

65 goals in one season!! If you count the international goals as well, that's 74.

Getting pretty bored now though as I've got a ton load of kids who are brilliant, and I'm breezing pretty much every league game (scored 116 goals)... But at the same time I don't want to leave the kids I've developed into world class players behind. What do you reckon I should do lads?

£48k a week! Pretty miserly...

I'm struggling with my Athletic save at the moment, finished 3rd last season but floating mid table now, and currently losing 2-0 at home to Marseille in the first leg of the first round Champs Leauge knockout. I'm typing this to stop myself smashing something up. I have a feeling the sack isn't far off, but i've not had much luck in terms of re-gens providing players to work with.

FOR FUCK SAKE! They just never take clear cut chances and always give away stupid goals. Tossers.

pee dubya said:
Jay Division said:
End of my eight season at Athletic. I've done a Barcelona and won everything. Spanish Super Cup, Euro Super Cup, Club World Cup, La Liga, Spanish Cup and Champions League.

9uvjp4.jpg

65 goals in one season!! If you count the international goals as well, that's 74.

Getting pretty bored now though as I've got a ton load of kids who are brilliant, and I'm breezing pretty much every league game (scored 116 goals)... But at the same time I don't want to leave the kids I've developed into world class players behind. What do you reckon I should do lads?

£48k a week! Pretty miserly...

I'm struggling with my Athletic save at the moment, finished 3rd last season but floating mid table now, and currently losing 2-0 at home to Marseille in the first leg of the first round Champs Leauge knockout. I'm typing this to stop myself smashing something up. I have a feeling the sack isn't far off, but i've not had much luck in terms of re-gens providing players to work with.

FOR FUCK SAKE! They just never take clear cut chances and always give away stupid goals. Tossers.

I poached him originally off Sevilla for 1.2m. His wage has gone up to 85k a week now :-(. I was hoping to keep the weekly wage bill under 1m, but I've just gone above it after having to extend about 7 contracts!

After the second season I always had quite a bit of money to buy. So every year around the youth intake I sent my scouts out and signed (poached) anyone with 3 star + potential. Some work out... Some (most) don't. I had a spell like you for 1 - 2 seasons where I just didn't have good enough back up for Javi Martinez and Herrera - the pair were playing literally every game which resulted in me dropping out of CL quite early on an struggling in the league. Ended having to change my tatics completely and now I seem to be bringing in quite a lot of youth that fit the formation and roles I require, which I think I got a bit lucky with. Although I am lacking a decent backup keeper. Ruffier is 32 (almost 33) now and my backup who is 22 has 1 star current ability and 2 star potential. No where near good enough. Desperately need a sufficient replacement by the time he's 35.

Jay Division said:

9uvjp4.jpg

He's jizztastic mate, i'd say keep going and see if developing the youths into the next stars keeps you're desire to playing.

Have you ever heard of football manager live? It's gone now but was alot like football manager but you were placed in a 'gameworld' with 1000 other managers, get a team name, make the kit, badge, build your very own stadium, and bring in players from a pool of 50 random ones. Fantastic fun but the company when bust. Reason i bring it up, if a team got a regen like yours they would get insane money and it's amazing to see the striker become reknowned to everyone.

They are bringing out a new version later this year called uflive i believe, in alpha testing as we speak. Give it a search and scan the forums etc and get ready to anticipate it :)

Great, getting scumped by Giuseppe Rossi single-handedly. Utter pish.

7-3 :-/

On the plus side they didn't sack me!

Just picked up this gem on my QPR save.
But he will join me in a year and a half as i think they have to be a certain age to leave argentina.
1zbykhs.png

I may have posted this earlier in the thread but it still annoys me. Why do teams never bid reasonable amounts for my players?? I've got to spend fortunes on anyone who looks half decent but when I want to sell someone I need to practically give them away or settle for 4yr instalments! I feel that this is a major floor in the game

Blue Hefner said:
I may have posted this earlier in the thread but it still annoys me. Why do teams never bid reasonable amounts for my players?? I've got to spend fortunes on anyone who looks half decent but when I want to sell someone I need to practically give them away or settle for 4yr instalments! I feel that this is a major floor in the game
There is a sly little tip how to stop teams from bidding in installments

Josh Blue said:
Blue Hefner said:
There is a sly little tip how to stop teams from bidding in installments

Do tell.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.