Football Manager 2012 - Official Thread - Demo Out Now

Blue Smarties said:
Just hit the 2016/2017 season preparations and I couldn't resist this, I was after a new inside forward to bench Sturridge for the upcoming season so I had plenty of ammunition for Europe and simply had to pick this lad up from Sunderland who were relegated the previous season, I should mention I'm Newcastle. Shat on from a great height, they're not happy!

[bigimg]http://i40.tinypic.com/eunjo6.png[/bigimg]

Leaves my starting eleven looking a bit like this;

ogxxrc.png

Can't wait to get the team back from the Euro's/holidays so we can start preparing for the upcoming season.

Very nice team mate, looks to have plenty of youth and ability! Still trying to find a single player team to get me commited too.
I'm thinking Exeter City due to my devon connection haha.

Sparkys-Army said:
Blue Smarties said:
Just hit the 2016/2017 season preparations and I couldn't resist this, I was after a new inside forward to bench Sturridge for the upcoming season so I had plenty of ammunition for Europe and simply had to pick this lad up from Sunderland who were relegated the previous season, I should mention I'm Newcastle. Shat on from a great height, they're not happy!

ogxxrc.png

Can't wait to get the team back from the Euro's/holidays so we can start preparing for the upcoming season.

Very nice team mate, looks to have plenty of youth and ability! Still trying to find a single player team to get me commited too.
Newcastle is very fun. Just after a world class CM to bench Barkley, think I've found him in a 23 year old Paul Pogba. Now to grab him from Inter, going to offer Thiago to sweeten the deal as they wanted him on loan earlier with a view to pay 6M, should knock a bit off the price.

Blue Smarties said:
Sparkys-Army said:
Blue Smarties said:

ogxxrc.png

Newcastle is very fun. Just after a world class CM to bench Barkley, think I've found him in a 23 year old Paul Pogba. Now to grab him from Inter, going to offer Thiago to sweeten the deal as they wanted him on loan earlier with a view to pay 6M, should knock a bit off the price.

What sort of challenge would i be facing with Newcastle? What sort of budget do they tend to have and i assume the youth development is pretty high standard there?

I started this game before the January patch so unless you select the older database I'm going to guess they'll be a few changes to finances. I've been given a lot of time with Newcastle, the owners have given me fantastic backing, in the first season I must have been given a bit to spend as looking back on the history I spent £10,000,000. If you want I'll post up some screenshots of the transfer history so you can see how much backing you get and what you can do with it?

The board have decided to upgrade the youth facilities again, we currently have excellent facilities however the expansion will be finished in a few months. Shamefully I've not actually won a cup yet, it's very much been a bit iffy (lost the LC final to a last minute goal having been two up etc). In the first season I finished 8th, then 9th, 7th, 9th and the season I just finished, 5th (four points off 4th, would have been one if Bojan hadn't of missed a last minute penalty with three games to go which would have made the run in more interesting).

Currently trimming the squad and really starting to focus on the younger lads.

My season aim is top-half however I want CL football after last years narrow miss, I mean with the players at hand then that should really be the main focus.

Just had to make a tough decision, had a £20,000,000 + Thiago bid accepted for Pogba so I need to raise £4,000,000 to get the man I've wanted for four in-game seasons. I'm selling a CB however I had to make a decision on either Lucas Andersen who I've had since he was 16, Magnus Nielsen or Fedorico Domenichioni. Took a while to decide but I'm going to have to sell Magnus, shame however he lacks the stamina, concentration and teamwork, still a top 20 year old and it's £5,000,000 in the bank as I picked him up on a free as he was a kid.

Looking good Smarties. Have you tried your CM in a support role? or box to box? Pogba could be wasted in a defensive role.

Anyway, I've got a day of essay writing, so I think I'll have FM on in the background :).

281akc8.gif

The initial deal feel through as Thiago thought he was worth more than the deal Inter were offering him the pretentious twat so I had a second deal of £24,000,000 accepted. Provisional contract was agreed and I foolishly noticed I didn't increase the length, went to increase the length (added more money to sweeten it) and it pissed his agent off who walked away from the deal. Going to try and sign him just before the window closes, see if he's talking then.

Well done mate :) i'm about to crack on with Newcastle too. I'll post back in about 2 hours on progress, any tranfers and tactics etc.

Plus, on a different subject, just had a 84,000 coin bid on ultimate team for a player. Happy days!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.