Football Manager 2012 - Official Thread - Demo Out Now

What a debut performance from Pogba, bangs in two and gets a rating of 8.8. Shame I fucked up and for some reason only had two players staying back for corners instead of my usual three so got caught on a shitty counter pass across goal, the second Liverpool goal came in the 81st minute from a corner when I'd just made my tactical changes so couldn't do anything to alter it. Not pleased with Munian having a stinker at 5.1 and missing a penalty early on the in the game. Final score a pissy 2:2 against the dippers.

Frustrating when you concede piss poor soft goals.

I just created a new 'total football' tactic. Akin to the Netherlands/Ajax setup in the 70s. So far (three games) it seems to be working pretty well. 4-0 win against Barcelona in the 1st leg of Spanish Super Cup, then a 2-1 win in the 2nd leg, and a 3-1 win over Getafe in the league. Having a Mancini moment and getting annoyed when I conceded them two goals as they were easily avoidable, and my team don't seem to be taking the chances created. I had 7 clear cut chances in the Getafe game, and I only took two of them (3rd was a header from a corner). And only averaging around 52-57% possession when I'd ideally want 60+ (greedy, I know).

Here it is anyway..

jt1klu.png

The lad on the bench Iosu Ruiz, is apparently dubbed the 'new' Fernando Torres... Not sure if this is a good or bad thing!

3-1 win over Malaga and Dinamo (CL), poor 1-1 draw against a ten man Betis, then I thumped Deportivo 5-0 and slapped Real 4-1, and I would like to add that their goal came from one of my CB's receiving treatment on the sidelines so there was a big gap at the back, they didn't get a sniff most of the game apart from that. Formation/tactic is starting to look promising.

Not really a Football manager expert but im in the first season with Birmingham was doing great up until about 4 games ago and we now are playing awful conceding stupid goals a not creating chances it seems on FM you hit a period around November time or in my case late December where your team play no where near as good as they should ive tried things like changing up the formation went from a standard 4-4-2 which had seen me race 7 points clear of the championship but i am down to 1 point ahead of second to a 4-3-3 but that hasn't had much effect, and moral is low ive tried a team meeting but that has made things worse. I even am now in January now have about a Million to spend but im not sure what to do have got one point in 12 now and moral is low ive tried changing the tactics around as well. has any body noticed this that your team seem to decline around November time and if so how do you deal with it ?
scaled.php

Two things: teams are playing more defensive against you because of your good start, and the weather is worse and more suited to direct football (not sure what style you play)

Anyone any ideas what to do when the game starts going slow? In season 6 and its starting to go quite slow, would removing leagues make any difference?

Denis Law Back Heel said:
Not really a Football manager expert but im in the first season with Birmingham was doing great up until about 4 games ago and we now are playing awful conceding stupid goals a not creating chances it seems on FM you hit a period around November time or in my case late December where your team play no where near as good as they should ive tried things like changing up the formation went from a standard 4-4-2 which had seen me race 7 points clear of the championship but i am down to 1 point ahead of second to a 4-3-3 but that hasn't had much effect, and moral is low ive tried a team meeting but that has made things worse. I even am now in January now have about a Million to spend but im not sure what to do have got one point in 12 now and moral is low ive tried changing the tactics around as well. has any body noticed this that your team seem to decline around November time and if so how do you deal with it ?
scaled.php
Teams do work out your gameplan this has just happened to me, fairly poor start to the season (two losses on the board already) so I'm going to play around.

Might take a risk and take JD's approach, try something along those lines as I have heaps of creative players. Oh yeah guys, Pogba is a demon when he's older. He got an amazing assist, reminds me of Paddy V with more flair!<br /><br />-- Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:31 am --<br /><br />
M.C.F.C.O.K said:
Anyone any ideas what to do when the game starts going slow? In season 6 and its starting to go quite slow, would removing leagues make any difference?
Removing leagues could help I guess but also defrag your <a class="postlink" href="http://www.piriform.com/defraggler" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.piriform.com/defraggler</a> or <a class="postlink" href="http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/five-programs-to-defragment-your-pc/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/five-progr ... t-your-pc/</a>), this is also a good tool to remove general junk like temporary internet files etc (<a class="postlink" href="http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner</a>).

Just realised I have a 16 st 3lbs goalkeeper, poor sod. I picked him up when he was 15 as he's 6'8 and he's going to be a demon for me, he's just turned 18 and has played a bit in the Europa. Cracking player. Also realised my oldest player is 28!

Denis Law Back Heel said:
scaled.php
Always got a make sure your team doesn't become unbalanced, i.e. more attacking players than defending. That seems to be the case with yours there. I'd make both full backs in the support duty, one striker (probably a target man or complete forward) supporting, and one CM a ball winner in defence duty, and a box to box mid supporting. Then your wingers attacking. Try that out, just keep it balanced and solid. Would only opt for a more attacking approach if you have the players for it, and a team like Birmingham, imo, doesn't. Hope this helps.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.