Football Manager 2012 - Official Thread - Demo Out Now

Just won the league on my network game with Southamption in the second season. Lost out in the playoff final last season but thrilled to eventually win something!

Bought Charlie Austin off my mate whose Burnley for a sum of £350,000 and got 35 goals for me.

Onto the premiership i go as Burnley battle another season in the championship. lmao!

Think this January signing will give the lads a boost? Notice the first name, albeit with a slightly different spelling.

[bigimg]http://i43.tinypic.com/2h7kl12.png[/bigimg]

What's the best way to improve your youngsters? I loan them out and they don't seem to improve that great....,I keep getting reports they Denis Suarez is improving yet his attributes are the sameas when he started.. Obviously being City I've got top training facilities and coaching staff..

Any advice would be great.... Plus I just bought some promising 17 year old keeper from Juventus for £3.4M in my first season...

I'm in FM 2011, but it's 2015 and I've just gotten Accrington into the Premier League, new 17000 seater stadium on the way.
Got a young lad when I was in League 1, Micah Evans, scored around 80 goals in 3 seasons for me, just bought Ramsey and De Jong for midfield and a young English re-gen from City, Jamie Rolls.
Can't wait for this now!

Couple more posts on my Sittard story. I'm getting too into it haha:

<a class="postlink" href="http://footballmanagerstory.com/forum/index.php?topic=824.165" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://footballmanagerstory.com/forum/i ... ic=824.165</a>

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
What's the best way to improve your youngsters? I loan them out and they don't seem to improve that great....,I keep getting reports they Denis Suarez is improving yet his attributes are the sameas when he started.. Obviously being City I've got top training facilities and coaching staff..

Any advice would be great.... Plus I just bought some promising 17 year old keeper from Juventus for £3.4M in my first season...

The best way to make young players improve is expose them to first team football. If your loaning them out make sure it's to the Championship because the standard of football is worse the lower the league. Also make sure the club wanting to loan them says they see them as a key member of the first team squad otherwise they will just sit on the bench all season and not improve.

Personally If I see a young promising player I stick them straight into the team. I had these two 16 year old centre defenders come through my youth system who my staff were creaming themselves about and their stats were promising so I stuck them straight into the team. They're both 19 now and are in the England squad and their stats are now amazing. Just have to take the risk and slot them into your team and if you have a strong team they will be able to carry them until they improve.

RandomJ said:
Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:

The best way to make young players improve is expose them to first team football. If your loaning them out make sure it's to the Championship because the standard of football is worse the lower the league. Also make sure the club wanting to loan them says they see them as a key member of the first team squad otherwise they will just sit on the bench all season and not improve.

Personally If I see a young promising player I stick them straight into the team. I had these two 16 year old centre defenders come through my youth system who my staff were creaming themselves about and their stats were promising so I stuck them straight into the team. They're both 19 now and are in the England squad and their stats are now amazing. Just have to take the risk and slot them into your team and if you have a strong team they will be able to carry them until they improve.
Pretty much this... Spending most of my time with Athletic, I've had no choice but to expose a lot of youngsters to first team football as my cover. I had a striker who scored his 50th league goal for me by the time he was 19... he's now 25 and he's won 4 world player of year awards on the trot and has 247 league goals in 258 appearances... It also helps if you've got older heads with high determination and teamwork/work rate to tutor the kids.

I'd like to see some people try Exeter city on a new save, it's certainly a challenge. No money, 3 strikers injured and expected to get relegated. Challenge accepted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.