Football Manager 2012 - Official Thread - Demo Out Now

Last one, finished the Sittard save:

<a class="postlink" href="http://footballmanagerstory.com/forum/index.php?topic=824.315" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://footballmanagerstory.com/forum/i ... ic=824.315</a>

:)

You have inspired me Swede... I've done nearly 12 years with Athletic Club, bringing youth through, but I already had top training and youth facilities, plus I poached 16yr old Spaniards from clubs around me, which is part of the reason why the Spanish national team is near enough my squad now! haha.

I've tried other games where I've had money to spend and I've not got into them what so ever, and gone back to my Athletic game. There's almost a sense of pride about it, because you've developed these players yourself, you almost owe it to yourself and them - sad, I know ha.

Anyway, I'm unsure of where to go to. It's either Holland or France as both are good quality leagues but are easier to challenge for top honours. I've loaded both nations up so will do a bit of scouting.

EDIT: I've opted for FC Istres in Ligue 2. They're predicted to finish rock bottom, they have no debt (a bonus), 'minimal' youth facilities, but have a 18k capacity stadium. Looking forward to this :).

BTW, Swede, could you give a brief outline of the actual requirements of this challenge, so I know what to do and what not to do? Cheers.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
anyone recommend any 5* attack, striker, defence, tactics and ball control coaches? whoever I bring in I can't get 5* on those categories, just 4, 4.5...
I have found about 2 5* coaches i think and i am in 2029.

You need multiple coaches for each different section with high determination, motivating and discipline and also the higher his stat in the chosen category the better.

Jay Division said:
You have inspired me Swede... I've done nearly 12 years with Athletic Club, bringing youth through, but I already had top training and youth facilities, plus I poached 16yr old Spaniards from clubs around me, which is part of the reason why the Spanish national team is near enough my squad now! haha.

I've tried other games where I've had money to spend and I've not got into them what so ever, and gone back to my Athletic game. There's almost a sense of pride about it, because you've developed these players yourself, you almost owe it to yourself and them - sad, I know ha.

Anyway, I'm unsure of where to go to. It's either Holland or France as both are good quality leagues but are easier to challenge for top honours. I've loaded both nations up so will do a bit of scouting.

EDIT: I've opted for FC Istres in Ligue 2. They're predicted to finish rock bottom, they have no debt (a bonus), 'minimal' youth facilities, but have a 18k capacity stadium. Looking forward to this :).

BTW, Swede, could you give a brief outline of the actual requirements of this challenge, so I know what to do and what not to do? Cheers.

Haha, good luck mate! Definitely chosen a good league to start in, if I hadn't have chosen Holland I would have either gone to Germany or France.

Well, rules are you can't make any transfers in what so ever. Nothing on loan, or on trail, just everything coming out of your academy and also the players that are already at the club. That's it really, they are the only restrictions you have in place so I would advise investing heavily in Junior Coaching/Youth recruitment and then obviously other facilities as and when.

Honestly you might want to consider restarting. Just loaded up the French league and if you want to start in Ligue 2, I would recommend Metz/Havre/Lens/Nantes. The reason is that you need a well established Youth Recruitment as it's really hard to improve on later in the game and after all, that's all you are focused on.

Good luck ;)

Big Blue Swede said:
Jay Division said:

Haha, good luck mate! Definitely chosen a good league to start in, if I hadn't have chosen Holland I would have either gone to Germany or France.

Well, rules are you can't make any transfers in what so ever. Nothing on loan, or on trail, just everything coming out of your academy and also the players that are already at the club. That's it really, they are the only restrictions you have in place so I would advise investing heavily in Junior Coaching/Youth recruitment and then obviously other facilities as and when.

Honestly you might want to consider restarting. Just loaded up the French league and if you want to start in Ligue 2, I would recommend Metz/Havre/Lens/Nantes. The reason is that you need a well established Youth Recruitment as it's really hard to improve on later in the game and after all, that's all you are focused on.

Good luck ;)
Cheers for the tips Swede. I took your advice and restarted - I'm now managing 1860 Munchen, already got good youth and training facilities plus some promising young players already coming through.

Jay Division said:
Big Blue Swede said:
Jay Division said:

Good luck ;)
Cheers for the tips Swede. I took your advice and restarted - I'm now managing 1860 Munchen, already got good youth and training facilities plus some promising young players already coming through.

Good lad, what is your Youth Recruitment looking like?

Big Blue Swede said:
Jay Division said:
Big Blue Swede said:

Good luck ;)

"Well established youth recruitment". I've got average junior coaching though, so will get that improved as soon as I get some funds coming in.

Just sending my scouts all over the show to get our scouting knowledge up. At the minute it is 'sporadic' which is a bit worrying.

Jay Division said:
Big Blue Swede said:
Jay Division said:

"Well established youth recruitment". I've got average junior coaching though, so will get that improved as soon as I get some funds coming in.

Just sending my scouts all over the show to get our scouting knowledge up. At the minute it is 'sporadic' which is a bit worrying.

Ahh good!
Don't think there is much point with Scouts as you can't get any players in from anywhere else anyway. Didn't have any while I was in Sittard.

Big Blue Swede said:
Jay Division said:
Big Blue Swede said:

Ahh good!
Don't think there is much point with Scouts as you can't get any players in from anywhere else anyway. Didn't have any while I was in Sittard.
I read a while ago that having good scouting knowledge within the club helps bring in better youngsters in the youth intake. Say for instance, I had extensive knowledge of Brazil, a German lad with Brazil as his second nationality might come through. Or something like that. I could be completely wrong though.

Started a new season, went Stoke.

Bought: Mahamadou Diarra(Free), Steven Naismith(£2.3m)
Loan signings: Welbeck, Danny Simpson

Won most of my games so far including a 5-1 win over fulham.

Tried to loan balotelli, City accepted but he refused it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.