Football Manager 2012 - Official Thread - Demo Out Now

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Motty said:
I've got a Droylsden team, I've just been promoted to League 2. A problem I'm having is a lot of the people I'm trying to sign I can't because they want too much money, yet I see they've then joined other clubs for lower wages than what they were asking from me, and in some cases, clubs in lower divisions as well (e.g. One person wanted £500 p/w from me but joined a BSP club for £350).

Anyone know why this might be?

Also, what's Denis Suarez like on everybody else's game? He doesn't seem to be turning out much better than average on mine, just wondering if this has happened for anybody else.
Ive got a similar issue to you with my Wrexham. Got promoted to league 2 but players asking for ridiculous wages. One player I would recommend is Stuart Beavon from Wycombe. The guy is a goal machine.

Suarez has rejected me out of hand twice. How did you manage to get him?

Thanks for the recommendation, although sadly I doubt I'll be able to get him as Wycombe are in League One on mine. Had to settle for Izale McLeod from Barnet, and I've had to push the wage structure to the limit to get him. Got Andy Bishop after he was released from Bury, been a goal machine on past versions so I'm hoping he will be on this.

Haha, I probably should have said, I've not actually signed him. On the City game where I was managing, his performances in the reserves and out on loan were nothing special and he's ended up playing for a mid-table Spanish side. And on the Droylsden one he's currently on loan at Oldham with a crap average performance rating. Devante Cole hasn't turned out very good either.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Motty said:
I've got a Droylsden team, I've just been promoted to League 2. A problem I'm having is a lot of the people I'm trying to sign I can't because they want too much money, yet I see they've then joined other clubs for lower wages than what they were asking from me, and in some cases, clubs in lower divisions as well (e.g. One person wanted £500 p/w from me but joined a BSP club for £350).

Also, what's Denis Suarez like on everybody else's game? He doesn't seem to be turning out much better than average on mine, just wondering if this has happened for anybody else.

can you give me an actual example?

Radek Cerny was released by QPR, I offered him £400 to join me with reasonable appearance bonuses, he instead joins Accrington for £200 per week.

Another player, called Zac Thompson was released by Leeds, I took him on trial where he did well, I offered him £500 p/w plus an increase after a certain number of games and also a release clause. He ends up joining Bath City, who are near the bottom of the BSP for £350 p/w. That case is more confusing than the first one, as why would you reject a League 2 team for one struggling to stay in the BSP on almost half as much money. Can't remember whether it was Rotation or First Team status I offered him.

Blue Smarties said:
[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/MH6eF.png[/bigimg]

66'

Howard Webb clearly wasn't the ref here then!

Motty said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Motty said:

Ive got a similar issue to you with my Wrexham. Got promoted to league 2 but players asking for ridiculous wages. One player I would recommend is Stuart Beavon from Wycombe. The guy is a goal machine.

Thanks for the recommendation, although sadly I doubt I'll be able to get him as Wycombe are in League One on mine. Had to settle for Izale McLeod from Barnet, and I've had to push the wage structure to the limit to get him. Got Andy Bishop after he was released from Bury, been a goal machine on past versions so I'm hoping he will be on this.

Haha, I probably should have said, I've not actually signed him. On the City game where I was managing, his performances in the reserves and out on loan were nothing special and he's ended up playing for a mid-table Spanish side. And on the Droylsden one he's currently on loan at Oldham with a crap average performance rating. Devante Cole hasn't turned out very good either.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Motty said:

can you give me an actual example?

Radek Cerny was released by QPR, I offered him £400 to join me with reasonable appearance bonuses, he instead joins Accrington for £200 per week.

Another player, called Zac Thompson was released by Leeds, I took him on trial where he did well, I offered him £500 p/w plus an increase after a certain number of games and also a release clause. He ends up joining Bath City, who are near the bottom of the BSP for £350 p/w. That case is more confusing than the first one, as why would you reject a League 2 team for one struggling to stay in the BSP on almost half as much money. Can't remember whether it was Rotation or First Team status I offered him.

Blue Smarties said:
[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/MH6eF.png[/bigimg]

66'

Howard Webb clearly wasn't the ref here then!

could be squad status, Accrington I can see why, could also be the facilities you have, staff, reputations, Bath might have an experienced manager or slightly better facilities if you're Droylsden, whole number of things.

[bigimg]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm9/G-2008-H/Pentagon%20Challenge%20FM12/NewEngland2012Transfers.png[/bigimg]

Signings for the new 2012 season with New England, Rivaldo being the marquee signing. Started the season played 2, won 1, lost 1.

Motty said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Motty said:

I have been looking at Bishop but I am skint at the moment and since the takeover the new chairman is not exactly willing to give me some funds. Wycombe offered me Beavon so think I may of dropped lucky. Brought in Tounkara (Sunderland youngster) on a free to partner him but he is struggling for form. Another player I have been very happy with is Damien Mozika who is on loan from Scunthope. DM put has got a great volley on him.

Haha thats better I tried for plenty of City players on loan. Managed to get Helan for the Blue Square but when he was available on a free in the summer wouldn't enter contract talks.

I've got Laurent Robert but he has it in his contract that he has to be the highest paid player (board negotiated it). Is there a way I can remove this clause or am I stuck with it til his contract ends?

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Motty said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:

I have been looking at Bishop but I am skint at the moment and since the takeover the new chairman is not exactly willing to give me some funds. Wycombe offered me Beavon so think I may of dropped lucky. Brought in Tounkara (Sunderland youngster) on a free to partner him but he is struggling for form. Another player I have been very happy with is Damien Mozika who is on loan from Scunthope. DM put has got a great volley on him.

Haha thats better I tried for plenty of City players on loan. Managed to get Helan for the Blue Square but when he was available on a free in the summer wouldn't enter contract talks.

I've got Laurent Robert but he has it in his contract that he has to be the highest paid player (board negotiated it). Is there a way I can remove this clause or am I stuck with it til his contract ends?

Struggling to get players in on loan who aren't youngsters, usually due to clubs wanting fees which I can't pay due to having a transfer budget of £1k.

Laurent Robert? Thought he'd retired ages ago! You could try offering him a new contract without the clause, although I suppose the risk there is you end up paying him a higher wage anyway or you end up having him contracted for longer than you wanted.

Motty said:

my longest running save was with droylsden, took me 11 seasons but i got them into the premier league and made them into fa cup winners. got more of a challenge in the later seasons as the regens outnumbered the real players so really had to rely on my scouting team. managed to get the youth and training facility's upgraded and the club eventually built a new stadium for me which helped out with finances big style. one signing i can recommend for the lower leagues is pablo counago who used to be at ipswich, he dont half bang them in at lower level!!

Motty said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Motty said:

Struggling to get players in on loan who aren't youngsters, usually due to clubs wanting fees which I can't pay due to having a transfer budget of £1k.

Laurent Robert? Thought he'd retired ages ago! You could try offering him a new contract without the clause, although I suppose the risk there is you end up paying him a higher wage anyway or you end up having him contracted for longer than you wanted.
Brought him in on a free and he had 4 goals and 17 assists in the BSP. Sadly now he barely lasts 60 mins before needing a sub and resting the following 2 games.

I forsee this happening in next seasons Champions League.... Maybe.

2j68ryd.png

Started a City save, wasn't getting into any of the other saves I was doing so thought I'd have a bit of fun and choose City - haven't done longer than a season with them before in recent FM games - I holidayed the first season and added a manager in June 2012 as I always struggle to get through the first season for some odd reason.

Sold Kolarov, Tevez, Dzeko, Balotelli and the obvious deadwood - brought in Carlos Fierro, Yaya Sanogo (on a free!), Gabriel Torje, Didac and Romulo. Leaving it at that and concentrating on doing the youth challenge now. Reason for me getting rid of the players I did is because 1) Kolarov wanted out 2) I only play with one striker (4-5-1/4-3-3), and all three were too good to keep lingering around on the fringes so made sense to bring in some younger players who can provide good backup to Aguero who won't kick off about not getting enough game time. Also brought Razak through into a first squad regular, got him as back up to Barry - he's been playing a blinder, made 1(3) appearances so far this season and has 1 goal and 3 assists to his name - I have Yaya tutoring him at the moment and he's constantly improving. Same with Suarez, got Silva tutoring him and he's coming on leaps and bounds. He usually turns out poor later in the game (well, he did in my Athletic save, which I'm 13 seasons into) but I believe that's because his determination is very low, thus meaning he doesn't reach his full potential - with Silva tutoring him I got his determination up to 15 and his stats are improving steadily. Will keep both Razak and Suarez till their 21 to decide whether they're good enough to play first team football, if not I can always sell them off for good money.

I would also like to add that Milner is ace in FM! He's my Oscar de Marcos of my Athletic save, consistent performances where ever I stick him!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.