Football on TV

Just watching the rugby on Sky and they switched to a quick advert during a break in play during the first half.

First time I’ve ever seen that in over 30 years of rugby league on Sky.

My first thought was, are they testing the water, see if there’s much reaction in a minority sport, before giving it a go in football?

Just watching the rugby on Sky and they switched to a quick advert during a break in play during the first half.

My first thought was, are they testing the water, see if there’s much reaction in a minority sport, before giving it a go in football?
Wouldn't surprise me if Comcast are experimenting doing that.

Funny you should bring this up. I watched the first half of France v USA mens footy, from the Olympics last night on USA channel. Halfway through the first half it went to ads. I thought wtf, this never happens with footy on tv here. No split screen like the do with some other sports, just completely off screen and around 4 minutes of adverts. I know, different event and country etc but it just felt utterly bizarre. Surely it won't become the norm.

Funny you should bring this up. I watched the first half of France v USA mens footy, from the Olympics last night on USA channel. Halfway through the first half it went to ads. I thought wtf, this never happens with footy on tv here. No split screen like the do with some other sports, just completely off screen and around 4 minutes of adverts. I know, different event and country etc but it just felt utterly bizarre. Surely it won't become the norm.
Not for me it won’t be. That will be it for me if it comes in.

Football unlike the yank sports has no real breaks or time outs so ads are a bit harder to squeeze in. They’ll try doing split screen ads at Var reviews or when making subs, a good 30 seconds to hawk some white to the masses.

2nd half of a Wall Pushers pre season game, some american action too. Personally I’m watching Yankees v Bawston
Sounds crap but thanks for the reply. I might have a banana and watch a film.
The bananas have fruit flies and need to be eaten

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.