Football on TV

Just watching the rugby on Sky and they switched to a quick advert during a break in play during the first half.

First time I’ve ever seen that in over 30 years of rugby league on Sky.

My first thought was, are they testing the water, see if there’s much reaction in a minority sport, before giving it a go in football?
Yep. I did warn about this years ago.....
The American way. ..break in play ? / make it pay!
This will happen ,eventually in football too.its all about the money.
Last season, we saw fans ' trapped ' in the grounds for ever longer injury times...Didn't Arsenal have 13 mins injury / added time in a game last season... each minute is money. Advertise to those trapped in the football ground ..or watching at home...
That's where we are heading with the beautiful game...
Var deliberations will of course be interrupted by a short ..commercial break...live ,on sky,lol.

Yep. I did warn about this years ago.....
The American way. ..break in play ? / make it pay!
This will happen ,eventually in football too.its all about the money.
Last season, we saw fans ' trapped ' in the grounds for ever longer injury times...Didn't Arsenal have 13 mins injury / added time in a game last season... each minute is money. Advertise to those trapped in the football ground ..or watching at home...
That's where we are heading with the beautiful game...
Var deliberations will of course be interrupted by a short ..commercial break...live ,on sky,lol.
I thought that was the reason for us coming out late at halftime to prepare for these ad breaks, then the premier league go and fucking fine us.

Because I’m a sad bastard with far too much time on my hands, I contacted Sky Sports and asked them whether the adverts during play was going to be a regular thing? They assured me it was a mistake.

93833fc9ee1d91f352df20a360fcdf4a.jpg

Because I’m a sad bastard with far too much time on my hands, I contacted Sky Sports and asked them whether the adverts during play was going to be a regular thing? They assured me it was a mistake.

93833fc9ee1d91f352df20a360fcdf4a.jpg
What are your thoughts on their reply...

What are your thoughts on their reply...

I’m inclined to believe it was most likely just a case of someone pressing a button at the wrong time but who knows?

I remember watching an interview with a Sky exec. when they were planning their first PPV boxing event. Tyson/ Bruno I think.

And he absolutely guaranteed that it was a complete one off and they had no plans to make PPV a regular thing.

I’m inclined to believe it was most likely just a case of someone pressing a button at the wrong time but who knows?

I remember watching an interview with a Sky exec. when they were planning their first PPV boxing event. Tyson/ Bruno I think.

And he absolutely guaranteed that it was a complete one off and they had no plans to make PPV a regular thing.
Or more likely someone deliberately pressing it,I’m skeptical about all this and view as someone posted testing the water for in game ads huge money to be made just look at the yanks ..

Or more likely someone deliberately pressing it,I’m skeptical about all this and view as someone posted testing the water for in game ads huge money to be made just look at the yanks ..

That was my first thought. And it’s possible obviously.

But on reflection, they wouldn’t really need to test the waters. They know everyone would be dead against it.

So on probability, I think most likely just an error.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.